Sign in to follow this  
Trash Magic

My impact

December 2012  I buy First Aid Kit's The Lion's Roar.

first-aid-kit-lions-roar.jpg

In love with the artwork, I check the booklet for credits, introduced to photographer Neil Krug and begin following him on flickr religiously favouriting his uploads and think his vision matches Lana's style.

Begin commenting "Are you a fan of Lana Del Rey? You should totally work together", which he acknowledges himself

vkhqg.png

April 2014  Lana Del Rey and Neil Krug collaborate on the visuals for her album Ultraviolence. This is the beginning of a prolific creative partnership which would include further collaborations for 3 publications and further personal projects, also Honeymoon, the album she would release the next year.

March 2014  I predict The Other Woman will appear on Ultraviolence 2 months before the tracklist is announced in fanmade artwork

tumblr_n2nc3i5bp31qftigpo1_r1_1280.png

March 2012  I post a fake magazine cover featuring the title "The Mysterious Ways of Miss Lana Del Rey"

tumblr_m1rk5oCQbT1qftigpo1_1280.png

October 2015  Lana Del Rey covers Billboard magazine with the same title

tumblr_nwlfj00BEc1uv3tpwo1_540.jpg

King! 

7iX4ORf.gif

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Finally someone I can blame for the Neil collaboration. But I can forgive you if you summon Nicole back.  :makeup:

Yessss

how dare you

nicole's shoots were ok but not creative at all..... so fucking boring 

neil's shoots fit the UV era PERFECTLY. his imagery mixed with lana's ideas for the era were absolutely flawlessly pulled off.

imagine nicole shooting the UV cover/promo pics! they would not have fit her ideas for the album at all. NO THANK YOU HONEY

FzytWEW.png

I think that both Nicole and Neil are amazing in their own ways and I feel like the work they've produced has fitted with their respective eras; I couldn't have imagined Neil shooting the BTD promo pics, as his work would have been organic for BTD, which had a very avaricious sound and style. I also couldn't have imagined Nicole shooting the UV or HM shoots, as they would have been far too polished for such dark, emotional & natural sounds on UV/HM.