Pocket Gay

Mariah Carey

Mariah doesn't have a single bad album tbh but this is my current ranking (changes from time to time but Butterfly forever number 1):

1. Butterfly (my favorite album ever made by any artist)
  2. Charmbracelet (her most underrated hands down it's so excellent almost Butterfly level even)
  3. The Emancipation of Mimi (but wow what a moment)
  4. Caution (the fact that she released this 28 years into her career... yeah she's a legend)
  5. Daydream (has insanely high highs but I like Caution better as a body of work tbh. would be higher if she had more creative control. should've had Slipping Away on it)
  6. Rainbow (imagine if it wasn't rushed... fearing for the potential)
  7. E=MC² (most of the single choices this era were horrible but loooove this album. heat should've been on the standard edition)
  8. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (used to be my least fav but grew on me. kinda obsessed with it now. still don't like the cover.)
  9. Mariah Carey (higher than the rest cause it had Prisoner)
  10. Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse (used to be higher on my ranking but I listen to it the least tbh)
  11. Emotions (surprised it's this low but when looking at the facts and the evidence it makes sense)
  12. Music Box (not as bad as people paint it out to be. it just doesn't have that same spark as the other albums tbh)

qfrWuBl.png

26 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

not as bad as people paint it out to be.

it is as bad as people paint it out to be :true:

it's celine dion circa 1993 schmaltzy garbage and i completely blame tommy for it mariah did the best she could with the awful material

i will say anytime you need a friend is the one salvageable song :true:

also every other mimi album has something going for it :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, avenue said:

it is as bad as people paint it out to be :true:

it's celine dion circa 1993 schmaltzy garbage and i completely blame tommy for it mariah did the best she could with the awful material

i will say anytime you need a friend is the one salvageable song :true:

also every other mimi album has something going for it :true:

Oh I absolutely blame Tommy's crusty ass for this album not being all that, but tbh it has some cute moments (Dreamlover, title track, Now That I Know). I don't think the rest of the album's bad, they're just very generic early 90s ballads. And I guess that's exactly what the people wanted back then cause it's her best selling album / one of the best selling albums of all time :toofunny:. But yeah def at the bottom.

qfrWuBl.png

On 4/18/2022 at 9:16 PM, TrashMagiq said:

Mariah doesn't have a single bad album tbh but this is my current ranking (changes from time to time but Butterfly forever number 1):

1. Butterfly (my favorite album ever made by any artist)
  2. Charmbracelet (her most underrated hands down it's so excellent almost Butterfly level even)
  3. The Emancipation of Mimi (but wow what a moment)
  4. Caution (the fact that she released this 28 years into her career... yeah she's a legend)
  5. Daydream (has insanely high highs but I like Caution better as a body of work tbh. would be higher if she had more creative control. should've had Slipping Away on it)
  6. Rainbow (imagine if it wasn't rushed... fearing for the potential)
  7. E=MC² (most of the single choices this era were horrible but loooove this album. heat should've been on the standard edition)
  8. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (used to be my least fav but grew on me. kinda obsessed with it now. still don't like the cover.)
  9. Mariah Carey (higher than the rest cause it had Prisoner)
  10. Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse (used to be higher on my ranking but I listen to it the least tbh)
  11. Emotions (surprised it's this low but when looking at the facts and the evidence it makes sense)
  12. Music Box (not as bad as people paint it out to be. it just doesn't have that same spark as the other albums tbh)

My ranking: 

1.Butterfly/Emotions- Emotions is vastly underrated and features her best vocals out of her entire career and I will not move on this. 

2. Mariah Carey 

3.Someone’s Ugly daughter 

4. Rainbow 

5. Charmbracelet 

6. Emancipation 

7. E-MC2

8. Caution 

9. Daydream- Very mushy ballads and overrated in my opinion but has some career highlights with melt away and underneath the stars. 

10. Me Mariah

11. Memoirs- Boppy but dated

12. Music Box 

since we're ranking god's material charleneafterdark.gif

1. butterfly - aka the bible; probably one of the most perfect albums i've ever heard

2. caution - only bumped down a point because of how recent it is

3. glitter - underrated album that predicted the 80's comeback and doesn't have a single dud on it (also kii about people leaving it out of lists)

4. rainbow - doesn't know what a concept is but excellent songs

5. emotions - her best vocals but the production is a bit dated ; still very strong

6. emancipation - just a generally great album

7. e=mc² - just a generally great album x 2 but with horrible single choices

8. daydream - a little underwhelming but overall an enjoyable listen (slipping away + the fantasy remix alone would bump it up to #6)

9. mariah carey - strong debut and better than most of her pre-daydream stuff

10. memoirs of an imperfect angel - average album but has a lot of nostalgia to it

11. charmbracelet - has a few career highlights but is mostly filler

12. me. i am mariah...the elusive chanteuse - iconic album name aside it's disappointing

13. music box - at least anytime you need a friend & dreamlover are alright

2 minutes ago, avenue said:

3. glitter - underrated album that predicted the 80's comeback and doesn't have a single dud on it (also kii about people leaving it out of lists)

Wasn't sure to rank it or not since it's a soundtrack n not rlly a whole MC album experience like the rest bsdjfdh but I do rlly love it tho. Would probs rank it inbetween E=MC² and Memoirs.

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, viktoria said:
  1. Butterfly
  2. Caution
  3. Rainbow
  4. Charmbracelet
  5. Emancipation
  6. Emotions
  7. Memoirs
  8. Mariah Carey
  9. Daydream
  10. E=MC2
  11. Me I Am
  12. Glitter
  13. Music Box
  14. Merry Xmas
  15. Merry Xmas II You 

:lolliney:

there is no reason for glittaste to be that low

everything else looks solid though :true:

I’m so glad Runway is finally available on streaming. Too good of a song to just remain a Japanese exclusive track. Been listening to Caution all day. The fact that she released an album this excellent nearly 30 years into her career… And the fact that she was apparently rushed a lil while making it and it still ended up being such a strong body of work… Her power is unmatched, truly.

qfrWuBl.png

On 11/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, Pocket Gay said:

If she decides to release a remix with Lil' Kim and Cardi B for A No No then it's really over for N*ck* M*n*j because she will be seething and probably have another meltdown.

I really wish she did.