Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

finally had my first listen of the album. and umm I am very disappointed. </3 oh well, I wasn't super impressed of Houdini and TS when they were first released (but now I listen to them like daily) so maybe the rest will grow on me too. Hope so. Loooove the album cover tho!! It's so... neat! Even  though (like basically everyone says) it doesn't really match with the music.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

video games GIF

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 5/4/2024 at 12:37 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

Happy for you is the best song on the album

:true:

I'M NOOT MAAAD :trisha:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

video games GIF

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I've listened to this album 20 times (according to Last.fm) since it came out which obviously doesn't include listening to it on vinyl or at work. It's really too bad some people can't let go of their expectations and just enjoy a great album for what it is.

6 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

I've listened to this album 20 times (according to Last.fm) since it came out which obviously doesn't include listening to it on vinyl or at work. It's really too bad some people can't let go of their expectations and just enjoy a great album for what it is.

Sorry, but this album was a pile of.. A massive disappointment. I'm still traumatized by that one song that sounds like a trashy Eurovision song. 

It's not that I had high expectations - I just expected a decent record. Yet it seems that this album is completely flopping as it should be.

If I were Dua I'd be embarrassed and hit the studio big time - especially since she''s dropped it between Cowboy Carter and HMHAS - two very strong record by artists who have obviously put in a lot more effort, not to mention have more talent in the first place. 

This Dua era is best forgotten asap.

11 hours ago, barttttender said:

Sorry, but this album was a pile of.. A massive disappointment. I'm still traumatized by that one song that sounds like a trashy Eurovision song. 

It's not that I had high expectations - I just expected a decent record. Yet it seems that this album is completely flopping as it should be.

If I were Dua I'd be embarrassed and hit the studio big time - especially since she''s dropped it between Cowboy Carter and HMHAS - two very strong record by artists who have obviously put in a lot more effort, not to mention have more talent in the first place. 

This Dua era is best forgotten asap.

Everyone I've played it for irl actually likes it and has 0 interest in the beyonce or billie albums, it's only chronically online 14 year olds complaining about it lol.

RO is a great album, Dua‘s best so far. Couldn‘t enjoy it more. 

Cowboy  Carter was a joke! If this is what people call country music, then they haven’t listened to real country music yet. Not even to mention all these boring and bland interludes. 
And BE‘s album isn‘t a stroke of genius, it‘s been done million times before, nothing about this music and production is new, and the lyrics couldn‘t be more average. But why the need to compare it to Dua at all? :flop:
Dua‘s the more talented singer, that‘s for sure!

1 hour ago, creditcardromancer said:

Everyone I've played it for irl actually likes it and has 0 interest in the beyonce or billie albums, it's only chronically online 14 year olds complaining about it lol.

To each their own. I'm confident in my taste.