Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

She's talented but her label is doing her dirty. I understand they want to make money off of her, but they need to let her do her thing and develop for a little. She was onto something with Be the One/Last Dance/Hotter Than Hell but she needed more time in that sound to really get it to catch on in the US. Her label needs to drop the album and then keep releasing material after the album in the hopes that something sticks and she gets lucky (Charli XCX, Tinashe, MØ, etc).

Record labels need to understand that the days of the overnight pop star are over and in the streaming age artists need to constantly be releasing new material to keep up with the publics attention span. Artists like Future has been doing this for years and its been working great, just drop something, if it's a hit then great, if it's not just move on and try something else quickly.

the talent  :defeated: (that's being wasted bc most of her recent songs are trashy pop songs trying to be bops)

Blow Your Mind is a bop.

Room For 2 and Thinkin Bout You aren't trashy.

Scared to Be Lonely is probably the song most people in America are familiar with.

Lost in Your Light sounds great, the remix sounds even better.

Genesis is one of her best songs

What were you referring to?

BzhmW.png

that miguel collab looks like a mess and if that tracklist is true :rip: want to is a banger, we deserve final 

genesis acoustic full made me so emotional though, one of her best :poordat: 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

i wish her label would let her just release the damn album already, it's been 84 years

it's literally coming in a month and a half, though, it's not like we don't have a release date 

it's literally coming in a month and a half, though, it's not like we don't have a release date 

i know, but they just dragged this album out for so long and I think it's been quite harmful to her career in a sense. Like a lot of my friends like her music but they won't listen to her because she doesn't have an album out yet 

i'm scared the new single is gonna be generic... her first four singles were incredible, but ever since blow your mind... everything has sounded uninspired idk

it's super generic, sadly

lABVyGE.png

She should've just have had New Love, Last Dance, Be The One, and Hotter Than Hell (plus maybe an extra song) be on an EP so that she would atleast have something out by now. The albums coming out over a year and a half after the first single New Love was released. 

:toofunny: I loved New Love, Be The One and even Blow Your Mind but the rest of her singles has been so..... meh. 

She's a cute girl with a gorgeous voice with so much potential. Why do they want her to become a Zara Larsson 2.0 (and failing to do so)

giphy.gif