Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

tuning in :dance:

end of an era

Spoiler

fun song! probably wont replay alot but a nice little opener. i enjoyed the talking bits and it sounds alot like marina

houdini/training szn/illusion

Spoiler

i enjoyed all three singles alot. loved houdini and illusion, liked training season

these walls

Spoiler

basic pop song but i enjoyed it. i like the end of the chorus the most. it has interesting instrumention

the lyrics are quite fun i guess. the bridge was great. liked the slight switch up

her vocals were good as expected

whatcha doin

Spoiler

this is quite FN-ey. again i enjoyed the instrumental and lyrics. really good pre-chorus and equally good chorus. it builds really well and i can see this doing quite well as an album track or on tiktok

i feel like the pre-chorus couldve been slightly sped up the tempo just feels slightly off. other than that it’s quite kylie esque tension era i really enjoyed it!

i can see myself driving and vibing in summer to the final chorus and outro

TELLMEWHATCHADOINTOME

french exit

Spoiler

soon as i hit play those funky drums and guitar intrigued me. quite stripped back by duas standards (but then builds up by the chorus). i liked the slightly offset synth just before the chorus

the chorus is probably my favourite part of the song. she does the sort of spoken word thing again like the intro and it works well. it has a crackle/muffled/radio effect and it makes it sound greatttttt

the second verse was alot more enjoyable than the first for me. it works more after hearing the chorus i think

falling forever

Spoiler

oh wow :wowcry: 

THIS is what i love

really good beat, great vocals

i was tapping my foot and jiggling my abdomen to this hit it’s really fun and the chorus WOW i just really enjoyed this. can see this being another single or tiktok song. is just FUN

call me a slut for basic pop but this is why i listen to dua. just fun pop music

HOW LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG CAN WE STAY LIKE THIS TOGETHER

CAN WE KEEP FALLING FOREVER

the bridge is great too. builds back up to the chorus and doesnt lose it’s momentum

anything for love

Spoiler

the intro giving podcast but here we are

thought this was another stripped back song. i was glad as dua does ballads quite well. her vocals REALLY shine through here, especially during the sole piano sections. once the beat picked up i got whiplash because how you go from sad piano to that beat..

very short song. just the piano section then the beat section. i enjoyed it but probably wont replay that much

maria

Spoiler

this really reminds me of another song but i really cannot figure out which one

i liked the effects dotted about the song. quite a guitar heavy song. sort of reminiscent of a european all inclusive resort vibe if that makes any sense to anyone here. i like it! i can see myself enjoying this when i’m in a more relaxed mood

dont get me wrong, it’s a heavy pop song, but has a more relaxed vibe to it. quite summery. cant see this being as big as a hit as other tracks bar the chorus. that being said, it is quite radio friendly so may get a surprising amount of airplay if her team send it to the stations

the bridge was probably my favourite part of the song. i wonder who maria is

happy for you

Spoiler

the intro giving garden of eden tropical paradise i love it. the beat kind of giving skype and teams call sound but it’s fun.

it keeps the energy of the album up right to the end. this has alot more elements of her first record and a bit less of the disco on FN. i enjoyed it alot. the chorus is great and her vocals near the end of the chorus sound fantastic

the second verse is again better than the first (she loves doing that) and the chorus has really really good vocaloid sort of elements and those zappy sounds idk what they’re called but they work so well. really really enjoyed the vocal layering towards the end and she built it up so well. the short instrumental solo was SO good i want a song full of that. i do feel like it ended a bit abruptly. i wouldve liked a longer lead out but can see what she was trying to do

overall album rating 

7.5/10

really enjoyed the record. i was expecting to because i loved the singles but i think it could have benefited from a few more songs as it just falls slightly short. i like the album art and general direction. point deducted because every single time i see the album font it reminds me of the instagram stories font

i can see peoples frustrations with it being...

Spoiler

future nostalgia scraps album, but i think it’s in it’s own lane as DL1 was. granted, it is quite similar, but it has enough differences to warrant it’s own sound and era

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

7 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

tuning in :dance:

end of an era

Hide contents

fun song! probably wont replay alot but a nice little opener. i enjoyed the talking bits and it sounds alot like marina

houdini/training szn/illusion

Hide contents

i enjoyed all three singles alot. loved houdini and illusion, liked training season

these walls

Hide contents

basic pop song but i enjoyed it. i like the end of the chorus the most. it has interesting instrumention

the lyrics are quite fun i guess. the bridge was great. liked the slight switch up

her vocals were good as expected

whatcha doin

Hide contents

this is quite FN-ey. again i enjoyed the instrumental and lyrics. really good pre-chorus and equally good chorus. it builds really well and i can see this doing quite well as an album track or on tiktok

i feel like the pre-chorus couldve been slightly sped up the tempo just feels slightly off. other than that it’s quite kylie esque tension era i really enjoyed it!

i can see myself driving and vibing in summer to the final chorus and outro

TELLMEWHATCHADOINTOME

french exit

Hide contents

soon as i hit play those funky drums and guitar intrigued me. quite stripped back by duas standards (but then builds up by the chorus). i liked the slightly offset synth just before the chorus

the chorus is probably my favourite part of the song. she does the sort of spoken word thing again like the intro and it works well. it has a crackle/muffled/radio effect and it makes it sound greatttttt

the second verse was alot more enjoyable than the first for me. it works more after hearing the chorus i think

falling forever

Hide contents

oh wow :wowcry: 

THIS is what i love

really good beat, great vocals

i was tapping my foot and jiggling my abdomen to this hit it’s really fun and the chorus WOW i just really enjoyed this. can see this being another single or tiktok song. is just FUN

call me a slut for basic pop but this is why i listen to dua. just fun pop music

HOW LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG CAN WE STAY LIKE THIS TOGETHER

CAN WE KEEP FALLING FOREVER

the bridge is great too. builds back up to the chorus and doesnt lose it’s momentum

anything for love

Hide contents

the intro giving podcast but here we are

thought this was another stripped back song. i was glad as dua does ballads quite well. her vocals REALLY shine through here, especially during the sole piano sections. once the beat picked up i got whiplash because how you go from sad piano to that beat..

very short song. just the piano section then the beat section. i enjoyed it but probably wont replay that much

maria

Hide contents

this really reminds me of another song but i really cannot figure out which one

i liked the effects dotted about the song. quite a guitar heavy song. sort of reminiscent of a european all inclusive resort vibe if that makes any sense to anyone here. i like it! i can see myself enjoying this when i’m in a more relaxed mood

dont get me wrong, it’s a heavy pop song, but has a more relaxed vibe to it. quite summery. cant see this being as big as a hit as other tracks bar the chorus. that being said, it is quite radio friendly so may get a surprising amount of airplay if her team send it to the stations

the bridge was probably my favourite part of the song. i wonder who maria is

happy for you

Hide contents

the intro giving garden of eden tropical paradise i love it. the beat kind of giving skype and teams call sound but it’s fun.

it keeps the energy of the album up right to the end. this has alot more elements of her first record and a bit less of the disco on FN. i enjoyed it alot. the chorus is great and her vocals near the end of the chorus sound fantastic

the second verse is again better than the first (she loves doing that) and the chorus has really really good vocaloid sort of elements and those zappy sounds idk what they’re called but they work so well. really really enjoyed the vocal layering towards the end and she built it up so well. the short instrumental solo was SO good i want a song full of that. i do feel like it ended a bit abruptly. i wouldve liked a longer lead out but can see what she was trying to do

overall album rating 

7.5/10

really enjoyed the record. i was expecting to because i loved the singles but i think it could have benefited from a few more songs as it just falls slightly short. i like the album art and general direction. point deducted because every single time i see the album font it reminds me of the instagram stories font

i can see peoples frustrations with it being...

Hide contents

future nostalgia scraps album, but i think it’s in it’s own lane as DL1 was. granted, it is quite similar, but it has enough differences to warrant it’s own sound and era

Interesting, I'm having kind of same expectations. Where does it land in your top 3 rankings of her albums?

Alsooo, since the album has like 10 tracks. I think (well I hope) she's gonna do a deluxe for it, she did for debut and FN, so there are pretty high chances that RO will have a one as well.

url%5D

Spoiler

i’m just gonna be really honest and say i find the album very boring, almost soulless, but it’s fun for playing in the background while making dinner etc 

i feel disappointed tho :krylie:

33 minutes ago, Embach said:

Interesting, I'm having kind of same expectations. Where does it land in your top 3 rankings of her albums?

Alsooo, since the album has like 10 tracks. I think (well I hope) she's gonna do a deluxe for it, she did for debut and FN, so there are pretty high chances that RO will have a one as well.

i think she will do a deluxe, but i’m just going to treat it as the standard since there are barely any tracks on the standard

i would probably say it is equal to self titled, maybe slightly higher, with FN being on top. i need to fully digest it before i make a decision. i think FN is probably superior though

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:
  Hide contents

i’m just gonna be really honest and say i find the album very boring, almost soulless, but it’s fun for playing in the background while making dinner etc 

completely agree with it being

Spoiler

soulless. i think the songs are great, but it doesn't create as much of a world as FN did

i would probably use the term 'clinical

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

i agree. its not unlistenable but i cant see myself going back to it very often, theres not a single bad song but also not a single exciting and excellent song. its just so so.

7 tracks in rn and this is not giving psychedelic / massive attack / uk rave at All, like in the slightest :toofunny: 

I really like what I'm hearing so far though, a clean polished pop album with Danny & Kevin Parker's touch jDaG2qj.jpg

qfrWuBl.png

I'm going to listen tomorrow but I want to know: is the sound giving chaos/vertigo as Houdini or does it match the cover so it's more summer beach-y?

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

The album has some good tracks but overall it’s a major step down from her last album. It’s just lacking.

If she wanted to keep the same sound, then bring the big strong hooks and choruses from FN, otherwise go nuts and try something new. She’s done neither, it just feels very safe and uninspired tbh.

Falling Forever, Houdini and End of an Era are good. 

Just finished my first listen and I can confidently say that AOTY has arrived. Incredible project, beginning to end. Dua just gets it, I honestly don't think there's any other artist in pop as exciting as her right now.

I can't really pick any favourites yet, but End Of An Era and Falling Forever were the immediate standout tracks to me. I know I'm gonna have hours and hours of fun with this album.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

8 hours ago, Fireffie said:

I'm going to listen tomorrow but I want to know: is the sound giving chaos/vertigo as Houdini or does it match the cover so it's more summer beach-y?

i definitely think the cover/random switch up in visuals makes a lot of sense now listening to the full album... training season/houdini are the most different on the tracklist 

FzytWEW.png

This is an album set in the morning at a beach town.

Houdini is inside the club on the strip.

Training Season the coffee shop obviously.

She’s driving a 90s sedan - BMW? Camry?

She’s using a Nokia 3310 - :cumming2:

The Album Is Amazing.

:ma:

EDIT:

She brought a PS1 to the hotel, It’s not hooked up yet.

I think the game is Tomb Raider 2…

EDIT:

And Prodigy’s The Fat Of The Land is playing - She’s Hot like that…

IMG-3521.jpg