Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

15 minutes ago, barttttender said:

What's TTPD?

These abbreviations are killing me.

The best selling album of this year babe lets keep up! Lmao

(The Tortured Poets Department)

feeling so let down. I feel like this whole album had bangers on it then Lorde hit her up and was like hey girl.

houdini is still the best song.

maybe this album will grow on me. 

pass me my vape.

this album is such a summer album and it's disheartening to see everyone hate on it... not every song needs to be a banger in order for it to be a good album :dorothy3: also kinda sad seeing how many people just automatically hate on a song that's less than 100 BPM :air:

11 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

The best selling album of this year babe lets keep up! Lmao

(The Tortured Poets Department)

Ah, got it. Well, seems like 6.6 hits that sweet spot for muddled, all-over-the-shop records.

But I don't think it's fair to give Lipa the same score. TTPD has a clearer concept, collabs that keep things more dynamic, and a more substantial running time. Plus, it's just more pleasant to listen to (my ears are bleeding when listening to some points of RO.)

TTPD also has a bit of a narrative (breakups, fame, etc), whereas OR has zero ideas asides from "I'm contractually obligated to get into the studio, so let me think of some shit to sing about".

So far, Cowboy Carter >>>>>> Eternal Sunshine >>>>>>>> TTPD >>>>>>> Radical Optimism. 

I wouldn't even call RO an album,  tbh. It's more of an EP with half good songs, half throwaway ones. She shoulda worked on it for another year, and maybe it woulda been something. Definitely needed more experimentation and Kevin Parker on it too, and at least 6 more songs.

The more I listen to this album the more I love it tbh. This Def would’ve been received better if it wasn’t for the inaccurate descriptions they gave. It’s a very solid summer album, but it’s not really anything more than that. And I really don’t need it to be more than that. I love a short clean polished pop album. It’s doing the same for me as Troye’s new album, which I replayed a Lot.

qfrWuBl.png

27 minutes ago, barttttender said:

But I don't think it's fair to give Lipa the same score. TTPD has a clearer concept, collabs that keep things more dynamic, and a more substantial running time. Plus, it's just more pleasant to listen to (my ears are bleeding when listening to some points of RO.)

havingamidoff.jpg

I’m going to bed soon and I’m not super into Dua but I just wanted to listen to the choruses to get the vibe of the album and These Walls and Happy for You were the only ones that stood out, a few of them sounded like Ava Max songs and the rest just sounded like the regular Dua Lipa sound, which I’m not particularly into.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I wonder how BoZ feels about this album :ma:

not a bad album, cute summer fling kinda of vibes, but clearly not FN level of pop genius. 

we already knew Kevin Parker’s involvement would not be super proéminent in the sound of the sound based on the singles, and the rest of the album confirms it. Which is a shame because many tracks could have had an outro that would have elevated them and have had Kevin’s signature. 
but the biggest flaw of this album might be that out of 11 tracks, two feel unnecessary. I mean come on!

I was there when she released Be The One, I was there when she released her debut album, I was there when she released Future Nostalgia and now here I am, today we witnessed the release of Radical Optimism :oprah: I'm just proud how far she has come, like this new album or not, but the fact is that she's a world famous popstar now. Love her so much!!!!!!! :flutter:

url%5D

nice project but it's not good as Future Nostalgia. singles are the biggest outstands so far. but i'm gonna definitely give time this album