Say Yes to Heaven

Freak Music Video Premiering February 9th

Kind of the opposite to what FJM is connected with musically (well maybe for the self-parody aspect).

FMJ is so overated imo, boring basic chord progression, lyrically he's like the "indie" version of Drake aka soft-funny-mysoginism, inconsistent arrangements & such obvious yet uninteresting repartee on songs like "the ideal husband". But he's got a good voice, charisma, ideas even though he can't translate them into full realization ; and he's a very very good performer. He's actually quite similar to 2015 Lana Del Rey in some ways, so match made in heaven tbh

And he's kinda hot :creep:

It's not because of the lyrics or FJM. Basically back in May/June 2014 Lana started to film the *Original* Ultraviolence video which was set to be about a cult. It seems like they finished it all but soon after Vice took over the production and changed Lana's plan and scrapped that video and gave us what we have now (a crappy video made with $2 app) so in 2015 Lana used scenes from the original Ultraviolence in the album sampler and some of the members on here noticed the water shots as the Pale Fire photoshoot which was apart of the UV video. So fast forward Lana uses the water shots for MTWBT and everybody is happy. Now she's announced the Freak video and in the album sampler when Freak starts we see more shots from the original UV video. And now the shots have likeness to the (real life) Heaven's Gate cult. The Heaven's Gate cult commited mass suicide by poisoning Kool-Aid and drinking it. I think they might've partied too. What do we see Lana and her friends doing? Drinking some red liquid, presumably Kool-Aid and having a grand ol' time! This is why we're thinking the video is Cult-like. :hooker: Hope I helped!

Interesting to read. I'm intrigued to see the mv more now.

She just wanted to have fun with these 3 songs.

+ Freak is not that bad as you all say.

But who am I to judge? I'll enjoy the music video and the music itself. That what matters to me.

Who is that in your avatar?

qsVmBMd.png

Who is that in your avatar?

Sorry I'm replying for him because it's a French singer called Matt Pokora who's like the French Justin Timberlake / Zayn he was in a boys band before and 10 years old me spent all her nights dreaming about him when he went solo lmao

This was so my jam :poordat:

ZKcaooE.png

Sorry I'm replying for him because it's a French singer called Matt Pokora who's like the French Justin Timberlake / Zayn he was in a boys band before and 10 years old me spent all her nights dreaming about him when he went solo lmao

Hahaha, I just had a MAJOR throwback ! :omfg2:

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Actually I'm excited cause Freak is one of my favourite songs of Honeymoon but I'm a little disappointed by the fact that she will use an "old video", I mean, it's pretty cool that we will see these visuals made for UV but... They are made for UV. I would have liked that she made something based on Freak and not for another song.

Anyway we will see, she seems gorgeous in these pics

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

I always imagined that the Freak mv would be shot at a typical Americana motel with lots of kinky sex scenes (the sex scenes would be multiple different kinds of people in different rooms). It would be the motel version of AHS Hotel lololololol :eartha:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Ty, he's hot.

I always imagined that the Freak mv would be shot at a typical Americana motel with lots of kinky sex scenes (the sex scenes would be multiple different kinds of people in different rooms). It would be the motel version of AHS Hotel lololololol :eartha:

That's hysterical. ''Come to Hotel Cortez be a freak like me too"

qsVmBMd.png

the other "screen" is fake aswell, just another pic from the teaser

i am so glad there are people here who can spot this stuff and keep us properly informed. i have a shit memory so i never catch these things until someone points it out. you da real mvp Lanabroads

:gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:

edit- if lana and FJM toured together i would quit my job, sell a kidney or an eyeball (what? i only need one to see), and go to every show. i once drove 650 miles just to see one qotsa show, it was worth it.  

i am so glad there are people here who can spot this stuff and keep us properly informed. i have a shit memory so i never catch these things until someone points it out. you da real mvp Lanabroads

:gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:

edit- if lana and FJM toured together i would quit my job, sell a kidney or an eyeball (what? i only need one to see), and go to every show. i once drove 650 miles just to see one qotsa show, it was worth it.  

haven't they already toured together?

I don't understand the consensus of the Jamestown concept for the video? If the video was trashed for UV bc it could've been controversial, then why would she release it now?

Also, I think it's far fetched. It's like saying the uncut shades of cool MV was a tribute to the people drowning after the Titanic disaster :rip:

Before the Honeymoon sampler I think people were reaching given the lyrics of Ultraviolence but she also posted pictures around that time (if I remember correctly) that were speculated to be linked to some other cultish type thing that was here in America but I don't remember what it was exactly. I think now that the sampler footage is out and thinking of the potential connection between the scenes and UV song I think it is slightly more plausible but I'm prepared for anything with Lana.

As to why she now feels like she can release the video, she isn't coming off the heels of an "I wish I was dead already" article or an album with lyrics like "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" which is why a "controversial" video right now isn't as big of a deal.

A question: The fact you all say "First UV video" thing all the time-

Is it confimed that what she shot in 2014 was intended for Ultraviolence for sure?

Like did she even confirm it?

What if all of this was intended for Honeymoon (album) at first place?

She said she had imagery for MTWBT (before she even wrote it).

That is true but the fact that she did film the UV video around the same time and captions like "Vice running shit" seem to point it was a video for UV or at least a song on the UV album. I'd like to think though that some of these visuals influenced the music that eventually came to be Honeymoon since she didn't use them and this time would probably be about when she was beginning to write Honeymoon.

My thoughts: If this is what the UV video was supposed to be, based on the sampler footage and just what we know so far, I'm glad it got scrapped and used for Honeymoon instead. I don't think visuals match anything within Ultraviolence - the song or the album. Watch the UV trailer, watch the videos from that era (minus UV because we know that was a mess and probably not what Lana really wanted), listen and visualize the imagery in the songs and I just don't think it matches the whole beachside thing she had going. At best it was a cool concept for a video but I think what we've seen so far matches a song like Freak and an album like Honeymoon a whole lot more. Obviously can't say for sure until the full thing comes out. Just my opinion :creep:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I don't understand the consensus of the Jamestown concept for the video? If the video was trashed for UV bc it could've been controversial, then why would she release it now?

Also, I think it's far fetched. It's like saying the uncut shades of cool MV was a tribute to the people drowning after the Titanic disaster :rip:

Only because it was originally for Ultraviolence which has that "you're my cult leader" lyric in it and the imagery she's releasing matches. Also even thought she's mentioned a Jim in a few other songs, it seems fitting that she would be referring to Jim Jones/Jim Morrison in the song. 

It's possible that it won't have anything to do with a cult and that it'll just end up being a bunch of footage of girls dancing around in 70s hippie outfits with no plot, but FJM being in it and looking like the typical cult leader seems like she might actually use him as a character.

149o3h3.jpg

FMJ is so overated imo, boring basic chord progression, lyrically he's like the "indie" version of Drake aka soft-funny-mysoginism, inconsistent arrangements & such obvious yet uninteresting repartee on songs like "the ideal husband". But he's got a good voice, charisma, ideas even though he can't translate them into full realization ; and he's a very very good performer. He's actually quite similar to 2015 Lana Del Rey in some ways, so match made in heaven tbh

And he's kinda hot :creep:

The Ideal Husband is the only song I love - and yeah he's a very good performer! The ironising of everything and his ideas are pretty boring though. Agree he's overrated. Like this mild roast of yours though, lol.