Say Yes to Heaven

Freak Music Video Premiering February 9th

I loved it so much, it was really beautiful and dreamy, definitely screams Ultraviolence and Jonestown at some parts though, loved IT. When she places the acid into his mouth and the color changes :defeated: the underwater sequence with Debussy was really beautiful, watched it like 10 times already

LOVED LOVED that part,

The first five or so minutes were okay, not great but not terrible, while freak was playing. However, that last six minutes of swimming girls set to piano music was straight up bulkshit. I genuinely think she tries to test how far she can go with her fans' patience.

Nothing scares me anymore.

The first five or so minutes were okay, not great but not terrible, while freak was playing. However, that last six minutes of swimming girls set to piano music was straight up bulkshit. I genuinely think she tries to test how far she can go with her fans' patience.

lmao

maybe that's her portrayal of heaven

The video is extremely beautiful, definitely my favourite from this era so far. Although, I can't help but imagine what these clips would have looked like in what they were originally intended for. You can tell the clips are really old based by her hair as well as her pale blue nails, which match the July 2014 Rolling Stone cover. I guess Lana really wanted these clips to see the light of day, so she chose to match them with Freak.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Drinking Kool-Aid laced with LSD was a ritual in the Acid Tests, a series of parties held by author Ken Kesey in the mid-1960s.

"Come to California and be a freak like me too". It seems a manifesto to join their community. I bet she has read The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. Kesey buys a bus in which they plan to cross the country. They paint it colorfully and name it “Further”. They traverse the nation, tripping on acid throughout the journey. Also see the cover art of Freak. She posted on Instagram a few days ago. For me it's like "The circus came to town, be with us!". 

There's a metaphor of being on the bus in that book. "You're either on the bus or off the bus." (see Honeymoon cover art). After the bus trip, the Pranksters lived communally at Kesey's place in La Honda and did a lot of acid tripping together. Whenever a group of Hippies do this, it causes an interesting psychological state, known as the All-One. One of the universal insights people seem to experience when they take LSD is that their consciousness is connected to a greater consciousness (God?) that all other consciousness is also connected to. Those who weren't attuned were seen as rocking the boat, disrupting the trip. These were the people who were considered "off the bus." The ones who were attuned to the group consciousness, those who did their share of the work, and smile rather than pout, these were the ones who were "on the bus." Thus, the literal meaning of "You are either on the bus or off the bus" is "You are either attuned to the group consciousness or you are not attuned to the group consciousness."

Btw, love it.

wowowow there are incredibly beautiful shots throughout this entire video. This video captured Lana in a more stripped light than any other video she has done has, but for that reason I just can't help but think what a shame it is that it wasn't used for it's original purpose because it's the definition of what Ultraviolence was. And Freak as a song is just hard to be excited by because it is so mediocre. 

Of course I had to make my own edit for a song I think actually deserved a video

:creep:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The footage is breathtaking and she could've gotten away with it if it wasn't for the unfortunate editing... I mean the video had potential but it was filled with weird cuts and extremely long takes that should've been about half long. It's a shame she didn't use the footage from the HM sampler, cause some takes were prettier than the ones used in the final video.

And is it me or these images do not fit UV at all? I mean I was hoping to split the footage and put it together as the original UV video but the images don't go with the song at all (imo) 

I don't know, a bittersweet event 

ZmJh1LG.jpg

(If the speculation is correct) at least we got to see what the Ultraviolence video would've looked like. That being said, the video is okay. Some parts are sort of direction-less and not necessary, ie the part where she's putting the vinyl on, but the visuals are stunning!

VyIsfwC.jpg

Finally I was checking all day if the site was back up :toofunny:

I liked the video but it really didn't fit with Freak and some parts were so awkward. But I really loved the last 6 minutes they were so beautiful and with the music it made me feel emotional, must of replayed it like 8 times.

tumblr_mgg7niY79H1qggpkco1_500.gif