Say Yes to Heaven

Freak Music Video Premiering February 9th

like honestly... i imagine this being her legitimate thought process when viewing back the edit: 

"hmm... its slow. white. languid! ethereal. angelic. the piano! water. holy? sure." 

30 seconds later, after pulling her hand out of the birds nest in father john's corduroys: "...they'll think of death! and resurrection! and baptism! and purity! and like... contradictions! hahaha whatever they'll love it. i mean, its me. plus, all that french new wave shit is typically boring and pointless to the vast majority anyway, so its not like they'll even know the difference" 

like, there's nothing beyond a few vague and half assed associations here and it shows. but she looks really good. bitch! 

i guess i still have to give her some credit for having the balls to pull this kind of shit though. congratulations on your heavy nut sack, lana

ZRBNill.jpg

i actually didn't like the video. The visual are great and the photography but i feel it just don't match Freak at all, all that footage under the water after the song finish, it was lovely but I wish she would use some of her music, not that Debussy song. It does look beautiful but it was sooo boring.

i actually didn't like the video. The visual are great and the photography but i feel it just don't match Freak at all, all that footage under the water after the song finish, it was lovely but I wish she would use some of her music, not that Debussy song. It does look beautiful but it was sooo boring.

Call me ignorant or whatever's at your liking, but as soon as I saw the underwater scenes I skipped to see if there's anything else besides that. Nothing. Then I decided to close the video and move on.

obUZKpb.gif

I'm honestly not sure if those of you saying things like "That was her best video ever" are serious or not... 

Like, no shade, Lana can do what she wants, she has no obligations to us, whatever, but this video was almost 0 effort. There's no meaning in it. She made the video probably based on obligations from her company and any meaning that existed before is for Ultraviolence. And again, that's fine, but this video isn't even trying to be her best and yet some of you are pandering so hard when in reality, Lana probably doesn't expect you to. 

And the footage wasn't that bad. I'm not saying that. But it was completely devoid of meaning relating to Freak or any sort of narrative because it's literally not for Freak.

Im more excited about Lana's new hair than I am about Freak, I was disappointed the fact that its all old footage in slow motion, It would've been a flawless Ultraviolence video it makes me sad lol but im glad we at least got the footage

Never wanna see music video footage like this again ...

cvs26bi2.png

Srsly, she had the dancing cult girls and decided to go for still images of FJM motionless sitting around with three girls?!? During the f*cking dynamic chorus of the song which has a beat MADE for dancing cult girls?!?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

43g7zAh.gif

Well, here we go again Lanaboards

SINCE I'VE HAD TWO DAYS TO THINK ABOUT WHILE THE FORUM WAS DOWN THIS IS GOING TO BE A SUPER LONG POST. BEAR WITH ME.

This was... unexpected. I wasn't really expecting the last five minutes to be only filled with the water girls. That felt, well, like it missed something, even cheap at some point. The video seems to have a story but it's kinda messy, you really have to think it out, it's feels that the video wants you to fill the gaps and the end the story, it's not really there like on Blue Jeans, Born To Die, SS or High By The Beach, it's more like, MTWBT and West Coast, idk. I really loved the begining, Father being crazy and following Lana around in the middle of nowhere, getting high because there's not much really anything else to do, that's how it feels to me, they're just getting high because well, it's fun? it's on the second verse shit starts to not make sense to me.

Like ok, she's sad because John is so rough with her so she tries to change the mood putting some music, ok, we're ok here thanks, But then when she goes "looking back my past it all seems stranger than a Stranger" we see a blurred shot of Rob and who I assume to be Nabil? wtf moment right there guys

But I can let it slide cuz maybe in her past (as in the character of the video :toofunny: ) Nabil was her boyfriend and Rob her dad and she left them to get high, sad, chased and insulted by Father? :awkney: because that's what Lana sees as the american dream gone wrong? :awkney: See how far I am reaching? Mess.

But we see another hole, right before the chorus she puts her hand in a pool inside the house (that's a wtf moment right there) and as she touches it the water gleams, like in the water scenes we see once the song is finished

wich makes me think this is Lana's death. If we think off as the water scenes with Clair De Lune as the afterlife I connect Lana touching the water as she killing herself, not being able to stand being with Father John Misty anymore (either because he treats her mean or because she can't stand being around his beard anymore, we'll never know) she decides to drown herself. Another weird thing is that this is the only time we see water or a connection with the water scenes while Freak plays. Being the only connection with we had with the end besides the girls from music to watch boys to.

But you'll be saying "oh boy, you are so dumb, Lana is shown to be alive when the bridge kicks in, drinking the kool aid" but I have an answer to that.

what if that represents Lana after dying, the way Jonh is standing behind her, waiting her to drink the kool aid, even the girls are waiting her to drink the kool aid, and as she grabs it, the girls seem to turn around (look at their feets) 

and then BOOM Lana is dead, and her definition of paradise is dancing with her one true love, even if that means he hurt you too, because it doesn't matter, he loves you and you love him back and that's all you need (well, that and polygamy) in that shot is the first time Lana wearing white in the whole video so far, besides her being the only one changing her look, going from summer girl to suffering widow in all black to white pure girl finally leaving all her sins behind. 

I interpretate the swim scenes like this: As Clair De Lune starts Lana jumps in to the pool and her facial expression seems to be the one of a surprised person or something between that. To me she's seeing Misty and the girls and waiting for her, waiting her to join them, this doesn't mean Father is dead, I see it as a manisfestation, you know how people say heaven is where everything you love is, and well, in Lana's heaven father is there. The water girls are there too but they've been an allucination since the beginning so they've never been alive, they're a product of the LSD trip 

AND THAT'S FREAK'S THEORY SO FAR, CONGRATS IN YOU MADE TILL HERE :party:

I want to share something else tho

Theory or fact: The endless summer tour buildings were inspired by the Wiltern. 

the wiltern:

tour stage:

they look a like, don't they? the tour buildings even resemble the buildings inside building look of the wiltern. The Wiltern is also thought abous as "one of the finest examples of Art Deco architecture in the United States" and since Lana seems to be kinda fascinated with Art Deco this era (having a song named like that is an example) why won't she use art deco as actual decoration on her tour, another proof is that Lana said she lived right across the street of the Wilter (I think she said it before singing Honeymoon, "since we're (they) on Wilshire Boulevard") and living there for a few years (2012-2013 right?) it makes even more sense for her to take the wiltern as an inspiration for her art. 

PS: I feel like I'm forgeting some things, improve the theory if you want to, comment, give ur opinion or whatever. YOU DO YOU and i'll do me  :smirk:  

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

43g7zAh.gif

Well, here we go again Lanaboards

SINCE I'VE HAD TWO DAYS TO THINK ABOUT WHILE THE FORUM WAS DOWN THIS IS GOING TO BE A SUPER LONG POST. BEAR WITH ME.

This was... unexpected. I wasn't really expecting the last five minutes to be only filled with the water girls. That felt, well, like it missed something, even cheap at some point. The video seems to have a story but it's kinda messy, you really have to think it out, it's feels that the video wants you to fill the gaps and the end the story, it's not really there like on Blue Jeans, Born To Die, SS or High By The Beach, it's more like, MTWBT and West Coast, idk. I really loved the begining, Father being crazy and following Lana around in the middle of nowhere, getting high because there's not much really anything else to do, that's how it feels to me, they're just getting high because well, it's fun? it's on the second verse shit starts to not make sense to me.

Like ok, she's sad because John is so rough with her so she tries to change the mood putting some music, ok, we're ok here thanks, But then when she goes "looking back my past it all seems stranger than a Stranger" we see a blurred shot of Rob and who I assume to be Nabil? wtf moment right there guys

But I can let it slide cuz maybe in her past (as in the character of the video :toofunny: ) Nabil was her boyfriend and Rob her dad and she left them to get high, sad, chased and insulted by Father? :awkney: because that's what Lana sees as the american dream gone wrong? :awkney: See how far I am reaching? Mess.

But we see another hole, right before the chorus she puts her hand in a pool inside the house (that's a wtf moment right there) and as she touches it the water gleams, like in the water scenes we see once the song is finished

wich makes me think this is Lana's death. If we think off as the water scenes with Clair De Lune as the afterlife I connect Lana touching the water as she killing herself, not being able to stand being with Father John Misty anymore (either because he treats her mean or because she can't stand being around his beard anymore, we'll never know) she decides to drown herself. Another weird thing is that this is the only time we see water or a connection with the water scenes while Freak plays. Being the only connection with we had with the end besides the girls from music to watch boys to.

But you'll be saying "oh boy, you are so dumb, Lana is shown to be alive when the bridge kicks in, drinking the kool aid" but I have an answer to that.

what if that represents Lana after dying, the way Jonh is standing behind her, waiting her to drink the kool aid, even the girls are waiting her to drink the kool aid, and as she grabs it, the girls seem to turn around (look at their feets) 

and then BOOM Lana is dead, and her definition of paradise is dancing with her one true love, even if that means he hurt you too, because it doesn't matter, he loves you and you love him back and that's all you need (well, that and polygamy) in that shot is the first time Lana wearing white in the whole video so far, besides her being the only one changing her look, going from summer girl to suffering widow in all black to white pure girl finally leaving all her sins behind. 

I interpretate the swim scenes like this: As Clair De Lune starts Lana jumps in to the pool and her facial expression seems to be the one of a surprised person or something between that. To me she's seeing Misty and the girls and waiting for her, waiting her to join them, this doesn't mean Father is dead, I see it as a manisfestation, you know how people say heaven is where everything you love is, and well, in Lana's heaven father is there. The water girls are there too but they've been an allucination since the beginning so they've never been alive, they're a product of the LSD trip 

AND THAT'S FREAK'S THEORY SO FAR, CONGRATS IN YOU MADE TILL HERE :party:

I want to share something else tho

Theory or fact: The endless summer tour buildings were inspired by the Wiltern. 

the wiltern:

tour stage:

they look a like, don't they? the tour buildings even resemble the buildings inside building look of the wiltern. The Wiltern is also thought abous as "one of the finest examples of Art Deco architecture in the United States" [/size]and since Lana seems to be kinda fascinated with Art Deco this era (having a song named like that is an example) why won't she use art deco as actual decoration on her tour, another proof is that Lana said she lived right across the street of the Wilter (I think she said it before singing Honeymoon, "since we're (they) on Wilshire Boulevard") and living there for a few years (2012-2013 right?) it makes even more sense for her to take the wiltern as an inspiration for her art. 

PS: I feel like I'm forgeting some things, improve the theory if you want to, comment, give ur opinion or whatever. YOU DO YOU and i'll do me  :smirk:  

Barrack+obama+gif+barack+obama+did+not+r

I just can't watch this video the same way knowing that it was used unleaked UV footage that finally saw the light of day. I'm happy we finally got to see the video but it would've topped the short life of the UV era perfectly. A controversial video tributing an old serial killer in a controversial era based off a mans violence.  Unfortunately i've accepted the fact that that was the video we got for a song that has nothing to do with the footage. The underwater girls had potential too but instead they turned out to be a 6 minute long end credit. 

Lucky for Lana that 2012 throwback look made up for it (kinda)  :crying4:  :suicide: