Say Yes to Heaven

Freak Music Video Premiering February 9th

Lets talk about the performances... My god, she was amazing! 

That ALMOST West Coast Radio Mix version....  :deadbanana:

Those are my videos  :D

She was exquisite. Only, with everyone screaming at every moment, it was hard to hear her at times. Watching and listening back, its gorgeous. 

She signed things for the front row for about 10 minutes and I wanted to rush up there and ask her to leak "Life is Beautiful," but I got shy. :flutter:

Does someone know what she drinks in the MV?

Some people said it is Kool Aid, other said it is sizzurp/purple drink, i'm curious about it.

It's supposed to be Kool Aid (to be very technical "Flavor Aid") which is what was used in the Jonestown massacre, where a cult put cyanide in Kool Aid and killed all the members

smile.gif

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/6875191/lana-del-rey-honeymoond-freak-music-video-at-grammy-awards?utm_source=twitter

“I wanted Father John Misty to do something with me and he was nice enough to agree to be my leading man,” she said of the 11-minute video that includes Misty’s character dropping acid and going on a dreamy trip, draped in white-clad women.

“The whole thing was inspired by a moving Monet,” Del Rey said, adding that she recruited her sister and her sister’s friends for the clip. “We were shooting with a couple of special cameras and shooting everything in slow motion and taking a lot of time to color it.”

I can kind of see that, I think we all had this expectations it would be about a death cult just because of the provenance of the footage, but I think if you just watch it, it reads more like a simple celebration of hallucinogenic drugs. Although the scene with her in the dark room is creepy af, especially when she wanders out towards the swimming pool and the film keeps jerking and a phantom image appears. I think there are really cool aspects of the cinematography - as others mentioned, the shot of lanz in deep close-up with her trust no one tattoo, there's also something interesting going on in one shot, when she is standing up with FJM and there's a close-up of her face that looks like it's in super sharp focus. I also personally really like the extended shot of her feet. I was also very disappointed that the extra 6 minutes were just a water ballet with Debussy, although at the same time I understand why she did that, the footage really is extremely beautiful, the way the light reflects off the hair and the water, so I kind of get that. As for me I think my favorite lana videos are High by the Beach and National Anthem (and duh, Video Games but that goes without saying). I actually think this one might be kind of up there, I was thinking of all her other videos and there aren't many more I like more than this one. I love the Ride video almost in spite of myself, and Tropico was just an armpit. Born to Die was a little too "polished" for me although I appreciated the "Lana as angry ghost" thing. I wonder how it would look played right after the Music to Watch Boys to video, they might mesh together really nicely. 

It's supposed to be Kool Aid (to be very technical "Flavor Aid") which is what was used in the Jonestown massacre, where a cult put cyanide in Kool Aid and killed all the members

I thought it was sizzurp.

original.gif

a thought-

If Lana does Freak in concert, now fans will be aware of the long 12 minute version and she can easily go into the pit with the fans while the later part plays the Clair De Lune part in a loop

on a screen

possibly even as the finale, like they did with National Anthem on other tours.

I would get out of the venue a few minutes before the show actually ends if Freak is last song :rip:

I think it's cool that Lana is using LSD as the drug. How 1940s/1950s/1960s...

even in drugs, Lana is of the times she should have been part of

and it was legal in the US in those days too...Cary Grant famously used it, as did the Beatles

yeah, I don't believe that the video was ever meant to symbolize a cult, and Father John (who Lana had open some shows) already had the connection with Lana

and already has a beard that looks like Jim Morrison, so that comes with Father John

(this video probably in a way helps Father John's record sales far bigger...I would suspect when his next album comes out, it will do far better than it would have, showing yet again, Lana's influence...

@@PARADIXO- your comment #865 is funny.

That actually should be a thread on it's own- when fans know the set list, do they leave to beat the traffic if they are not in the first rows in the pit at the exact moment when the final vocal takes place?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She likes symbols that are rife with possible interpretations, and I have no doubt that she likes baiting haters. But it seemed to me that koolaid is also associated with acid, so I googled koolaid and acid and found this:

I didn't read much about the plot, because if I ever find the book, I may want to read it. It may or may not relate to the video. However, my point is that koolaid also relates to acid, and in the video the "trust no one" is around the time when she drinks the koolaid but it mostly flows out of her mouth. This, to me, provides "plausible deniability" that she has a primary interest in Jonestown. 

:creep: So LSD is Lana, soul sisters, and daddies? c what i did thur  Father John Misty throughout and....

her literal  daddy at 2:22?

tumblr_o2j8wgqO6F1thlfkqo1_540.jpg

Let's play Where's Waldo Charlie? :creep:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I think it's cool that Lana is using LSD as the drug. How 1940s/1950s/1960s...

even in drugs, Lana is of the times she should have been part of

and it was legal in the US in those days too...Cary Grant famously used it, as did the Beatles

Cary Grant really, never would have thought. Now that you mention it I'm reading about it. Very interesting. Learn something new everyday. Thanks. LSD therapy, so cool lol.

Here's the link about Cary and old Hollywood using LSD in case anybody else would like to read it.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2010/08/drugs-in-hollywood-201008

Those are my videos  :D

She was exquisite. Only, with everyone screaming at every moment, it was hard to hear her at times. Watching and listening back, its gorgeous. 

She signed things for the front row for about 10 minutes and I wanted to rush up there and ask her to leak "Life is Beautiful," but I got shy. :flutter:

You are so lucky! Thankyou so much for these videos!

Shit, I want to drink Kool Aid but it isn't sold in Brazil anymore, according to what I readed. 

Also, what flavor Lana drank in the MV? Strawberry, cherry (and an angel's kiss in spring) or another one?

original.gif

I'm not so mad about the Misty parts being intented for UV, as they do not fit at all with the urban jazzy/noir imagery she crafted for this era 

Probably my biggest annoyance with people obsessing over the film supposedly being intended for UV and is also one of my biggest annoyances with the official UV video. It doesn't fit the album at all, let it go.

I didn't particularly not like the video but I haven't had an urge to watch it again. I was hoping for more from a video that she hyped up with a premiere.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Shit, I want to drink Kool Aid but it isn't sold in Brazil anymore, according to what I readed. 

Also, what flavor Lana drank in the MV? Strawberry, cherry (and an angel's kiss in spring) or another one?

Oi Brasileiro, vamos marcar esse open bar de Kool Aid!!!

wait a minute now- how can anyone say the Father John Misty parts w/ LSD was not part of THIS album?

in the song directly before Freak, Lana is specifically saying

"All I want to do is get high by the beach"

and in Freak, Lana is getting "high by the beach" (obviously to have mermaids, they would officially be in the ocean and not a pool (except in a Florida attraction of course

which is sort of kitsch from the same era Lana inhibits anyhow).

and just because people put in WRONG preconceived notions as to what Freak was about or something, it fits in sequence perfect.

matters little if the bits and pieces might have gone elsewhere, they were put together specific FOR Freak.

In film, (Honeymoon is referencing throughout Hollywood) always has hours worth of film cut from the final movie in almost all movies, especially the studio ones of the glory glamour days).

meanwhile, Lana does all the Grammy stuff this entire week, just for the fun of it, it's ironic isn't it. And it's carefree, she looks great, no pressure,

because she isn't in it to win anything, she is there because she wants to. (I am sure no one is forcing her, same as she didn't force the CEO to

get her the nomination like I am sure the others probably have written in stone. (Isn't Lucien behind most if not all the 5 albums up for Grammy's

and Honeymoon too...It doesn't look like it bothers Lana though. She looks so damn happy, finally.  And all the other winners want their selfies

with Lana, and so does Adele...

How cool is it.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She likes symbols that are rife with possible interpretations, and I have no doubt that she likes baiting haters. But it seemed to me that koolaid is also associated with acid, so I googled koolaid and acid and found this:

I didn't read much about the plot, because if I ever find the book, I may want to read it. It may or may not relate to the video. However, my point is that koolaid also relates to acid, and in the video the "trust no one" is around the time when she drinks the koolaid but it mostly flows out of her mouth. This, to me, provides "plausible deniability" that she has a primary interest in Jonestown. 

huh, interesting. that's kind of a trip (pun intended) cause see my analysis of the MV was she was the cult leader at first cause she gave FJR lsd. but then she was drinking the kool aid and i thought it related to the Jonestown massacre meaning she would be the follower and FJM the cult leader. now this kind of seems they were just taking acid for the fuck of it and no one was the cult leader? lol.

idk but also after watching again FJM talk to himself and play guitar I'm seeing more resemblance to Charles Manson. 

large.gif

I've spent the passed two days working on something special. Here's my edit of the video.Imagine Freak on Hyrdoponic Weed. :creep:  Or Urban Shades Of Cool.  :teehee:

Sidenote: i had to use the instrumental bc i kept getting copyright infringement. :deadbanana:  if anyone wants the original edit with vocals i can share a link

https://youtu.be/ZxYJqlUzXO8

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: