LDRO

Instagram Updates

38 minutes ago, Divisive Princess said:

I assume you're referencing my post but you literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Discuss and argue about Lana all you want, but please, do leave me and MY story out of it. Now I'm being accused of not being "truly poor" when my family is still living in poverty and I have to send them money just to buy milk sometimes. At no point was I trying to PROVE how poor I was because I don't need to? The anecdotes I shared were to point out that poor people can mismanage money and things aren't always what they seem. But thanks for proving my point tho. Truly. Using what you think you know to discredit someone's life. Exactly why Lana is frustrated.

i didn't even say names queen 💅

5 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

Reveal hidden contents

So, I was an intern at 5 Points in 08. She was recording then, about to work with the producer that worked with Regina Spector, at the time. I can confirm she lived in a trailer park for a bit, she would talk about it in a kind of romanticized way. She was broke as hell when I met her, doing odd jobs in Brooklyn to make money while trying to record her music. She talked a lot about loving Elvis and his music, she was really into the whole sorta white trash “making it” Americana vibe so the obsession with Elvis and the talk of the trailer park made sense (my family is originally from the hills of Kentucky so I get it), but she had this sad sort of Leonard Cohen vibe recorded. in person was very sweet. A little shy but bubbly.

I worked on 2 of their other artists (an electronic artist named Emilia Sosa and a country singer that was also a soap star), but I got to meet her a few times when she came into the office and hang out, and was going to be tasked with helping her go shopping and develop an image (I remember talking about going to get clothing with her because she was broke and didn’t have any, and I was close to her age and the only girl at the label so we had hit it off, thus a shopping trip was planned for our future), but I left NYC before that because I hated it, ha, and wanted to move back to Chicago. She was still fairly a new sign, but I did get to hear some demos and she was good.

Was funny years later when she got famous, I did a double take and googled and was like holy shit, I worked with her! Biggest thing I remember is she had these long fake garish nails and the A&R guy wanted her to get rid of them. She was going for a trailer park queen sort of vibe at that moment, and it was a point of argument often, she loved them. Really she was just a broke musician recording music in her tiny apartment trying to get by in NYC like most folks.

I do remember noticing when she got famous that I definitely thought she got her lips injected, I think it was like a rumor for a bit and she for sure looked different, but she looked great so kudos to her. If I finally had some money I’d probably augment some things too, ha.

But yeah, long story short she as very sweet, that label was kinda weird (both of artist and people that worked there, but then again the whole music industry is kinda weird), and randomly working with her was probably the weirdest part of my brief time living in NYC.

Thank u cus i couldnt see it either 💀 This is sweet, and also its insane to me that so many people still debate over her pre-btd time… 

Also why is everyone arguing in here :derpna3:

uRo1dco.png

singing blue notes,

up all night long

47 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Can anyone transcribe this please? It just shows up as blank for me :rip:

Here (hiding bc its long)

Spoiler

So, I was an intern at 5 Points in 08. She was recording then, about to work with the producer that worked with Regina Spector, at the time. I can confirm she lived in a trailer park for a bit, she would talk about it in a kind of romanticized way. She was broke as hell when I met her, doing odd jobs in Brooklyn to make money while trying to record her music. She talked a lot about loving Elvis and his music, she was really into the whole sorta white trash “making it” Americana vibe so the obsession with Elvis and the talk of the trailer park made sense (my family is originally from the hills of Kentucky so I get it), but she had this sad sort of Leonard Cohen vibe recorded. in person was very sweet. A little shy but bubbly.

I worked on 2 of their other artists (an electronic artist named Emilia Sosa and a country singer that was also a soap star), but I got to meet her a few times when she came into the office and hang out, and was going to be tasked with helping her go shopping and develop an image (I remember talking about going to get clothing with her because she was broke and didn’t have any, and I was close to her age and the only girl at the label so we had hit it off, thus a shopping trip was planned for our future), but I left NYC before that because I hated it, ha, and wanted to move back to Chicago. She was still fairly a new sign, but I did get to hear some demos and she was good.

Was funny years later when she got famous, I did a double take and googled and was like holy shit, I worked with her! Biggest thing I remember is she had these long fake garish nails and the A&R guy wanted her to get rid of them. She was going for a trailer park queen sort of vibe at that moment, and it was a point of argument often, she loved them. Really she was just a broke musician recording music in her tiny apartment trying to get by in NYC like most folks.

I do remember noticing when she got famous that I definitely thought she got her lips injected, I think it was like a rumor for a bit and she for sure looked different, but she looked great so kudos to her. If I finally had some money I’d probably augment some things too, ha.

But yeah, long story short she as very sweet, that label was kinda weird (both of artist and people that worked there, but then again the whole music industry is kinda weird), and randomly working with her was probably the weirdest part of my brief time living in NYC.

1 hour ago, Pedriko said:

i didn't even say names queen 💅

You used examples from my post to make the very strange claim that people sharing their personal stories are trying to essentially out-poor each other and then proceeded discredit them. To even assume that anyone was sharing those things because they felt offended and defensive is weird. I am a nobody from Missouri. Lana's post didn't have me frantic trying to prove myself to LB members. Go outside. 

3 hours ago, Candy Necklace said:

At the end of the day, does it really matter? I’m glad she told her story but why are some of you guys full on fighting in here about it

It doesn’t really matter, doesn’t really, really matter :smokes:

anyways I think we can all agree she’s talented so who cares let’s leave it at that everyone xoxo 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

52 minutes ago, Divisive Princess said:

You used examples from my post to make the very strange claim that people sharing their personal stories are trying to essentially out-poor each other and then proceeded discredit them. To even assume that anyone was sharing those things because they felt offended and defensive is weird. I am a nobody from Missouri. Lana's post didn't have me frantic trying to prove myself to LB members. Go outside. 

I never mentioned your name and you are freely offending me. The world doesn't revolve around you, cutie.  

8 hours ago, Rivers said:

You aren't refuting any of my arguments.

It's you who is acting like a teenager as soon as I called you out to actually defend your claims you took out of context. 

Clearly you care. What an absurd and ignorant retort. You wouldn't be commenting on it if that was the case. 

You just don't have an argument anymore so now all you can do is ad hominem and act like a troll.

I answered every single post you directed at me. What more do you want? Blood? 

Ftr I never said she was lying; I simply said that I feel that, from what we know and what she described, her family were middle class. You disagreed (which is fine) but it's a matter of opinion and you have to accept that median house prices are not going to change my mind. 

That is all. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I simply said that I feel that, from what we know and what she described, her family were middle class. You disagreed (which is fine) but it's a matter of opinion and you have to accept that median house prices are not going to change my mind. 

That is all. 

Well, the coldest place in the Atlantic USA, a population of 2000 and the analysis of the median income suffices, for me, to make a soft reading of the economic lifestyle of this town when there was previous comments about the area as well. Those ski towns are usually pretty rundown old mountain towns. There's just mom and pop shops, no substantial development. Its more similar to now days what they refer to as food deserts, where the only food is one supermarket within a 50 mile radius. 

Just now, Rivers said:

Well, the coldest place in the Atlantic USA, a population of 2000 and the analysis of the median income suffices, for me, to make a soft reading of the economic lifestyle of this town when there was previous comments about the area as well. Those ski towns are usually pretty rundown old mountain towns. There's just mom and pop shops, no substantial development. Its more similar to now days what they refer to as food deserts, where the only food is one supermarket within a 50 mile radius. 

Okay cool (pun intended)

This discussion is so fucking annoying honestly… why are we bothered that someone is not “poor enough” for our understanding? Why do you feel that there is only one version of poverty and struggle? Black-and-white mentality is getting proper ridiculous at this point.

Lana Del Rey circa 1893, taking a last walk with a lamed horse before having to put it down, as the winter quickly approaches, in the coldest town, south of the Canadian border. 

MDFCxHL.png

20 hours ago, LanaBalkana said:

This discussion is so fucking annoying honestly… why are we bothered that someone is not “poor enough” for our understanding? Why do you feel that there is only one version of poverty and struggle? Black-and-white mentality is getting proper ridiculous at this point.

This discussion is boring af now so I'll keep it brief:  imo the black-and-white mentality is insisting she was poor. Not being rich =/= poor. 

She never said her family was poor, she just described her upbringing. If you listened to what she said and got "poor" from that then okay, but others did not. 

Not believing that her family was poor =/= thinking that she's lying, or that there weren't struggles, or that she wasn't broke in her early 20s. 

:oopna2:

I know that this isn't Facebook updates but idk a place to write this but Lana's Facebook was hacked and the hackers have put like suspicious links in her captions.

url%5D

11 minutes ago, Embach said:

I know that this isn't Facebook updates but idk a place to write this but Lana's Facebook was hacked and the hackers have put like suspicious links in her captions.

Screenshot-20231024-095700-Lite.jpg

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

18 minutes ago, Embach said:

Screenshot-2023-10-24-at-13-03-11.png

The page this links to has now been made unavailable

are there any insiders here??? can we tell them to warn lana that her facebook is hacked and that something needs to be done as quickly as possible!!!

Babe wake up, your Facebook account has been hacked

16 minutes ago, Raise Me Up said:

are there any insiders here??? can we tell them to warn lana that her facebook is hacked and that something needs to be done as quickly as possible!!!

I saw 1 comment about it on Rob’s insta, however it’s most likely to reach them if someone they themselves follow comment/DM them