LDRO

Instagram Updates

I can see where the anger is coming from. The hate she received in the beginning was truly bizarre. People investigating her past, hating her for her appearance, calling her stupid, fake blablabla. And writing thinkpieces about how morally superior they are to this weird bimbo. And this didn’t come from conservative middle age folk but from

cool indie kids. They really hated her and wanted her destroyed before she even got started

Maybe this is common with new artists and I don’t notice because I only stan Lana, but i can’t think of a similar case

The comparison to the other women made little sense, but her not being able to take “constructive criticism” (dislike that phrase, she is not our naughty student) might be because she gets frustrated when people think she’s had it easy

When she first burst on the scene as LDR, she sometimes projected a superior, arrogant attitude, which doesn't fly easily in these times, and that, combined with her beauty and talent made a lot of weasels--thousands of them--go after her. The subtext of everything they wrote was, "How DARE she? How dare she be who she thinks she is, not common and down in the mud like the rest of us, kissing ass and sucking up to get along?" Well, she did dare, and millions of soon-to-be-or-become fans loved it. LDR made millions.

The weasels went nuts: "why do we have to tolerate this ***** who thinks she's superior and who's daddy bought her a career and a record contract?" 

But she certainly heard the attacks early, and unfortunately started mitigating everything, including her image, her approach, her songwriting, and, sadly, apparently, her politics. In fact, over her next several albums, culminating in NRF, she bent over backwards trying to appease and fit in with the general dominant 'cancel' culture, but of course, for individuals like Anne Powers, nothing is enough unless you adhere strictly and totally to Powers' specific brand of feminism.   

Personally, I wish LDR had never given in, never mitigated anything, and simply "considered the source" of the type of envious, trollish and sometimes controlling and fascistic people going after her. She should have laughed in their sad, jealous faces, like the 21st century Helen of Troy of pop music. That's what Brigit Bardot would have done, what Sophia Loren would have done, what Charlotte Rampling would have done. 

idc if lana never thinks about ar*ana again. they come from different universes.

her whole career and aesthetic is founded upon looking and acting like a little girl. she's a recording artist - her abilities begin and end there. with the help of heavy vocal editing :)

oh come off it. ariana is without a doubt a technically better singer than lana, it’s not even comparable. also, rich to call ariana out on acting like a little girl when we stan someone who called herself lolita at 20 something yrs old

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

When she first burst on the scene as LDR, she sometimes projected a superior, arrogant attitude, which doesn't fly easily in these times, and that, combined with her beauty and talent made a lot of weasels--thousands of them--go after her. The subtext of everything they wrote was, "How DARE she? How dare she be who she thinks she is, not common and down in the mud like the rest of us, kissing ass and sucking up to get along?" Well, she did dare, and millions of soon-to-be-or-become fans loved it. LDR made millions.

The weasels went nuts: "why do we have to tolerate this ***** who thinks she's superior and who's daddy bought her a career and a record contract?" 

But she certainly heard the attacks early, and unfortunately started mitigating everything, including her image, her approach, her songwriting, and, sadly, apparently, her politics. In fact, over her next several albums, culminating in NRF, she bent over backwards trying to appease and fit in with the general dominant 'cancel' culture, but of course, for individuals like Anne Powers, nothing is enough unless you adhere strictly and totally to Powers' specific brand of feminism.   

Personally, I wish LDR had never given in, never mitigated anything, and simply "considered the source" of the type of envious, trollish and sometimes controlling and fascistic people going after her. She should have laughed in their sad, jealous faces, like the 21st century Helen of Troy of pop music. That's what Brigit Bardot would have done, what Sophia Loren would have done, what Charlotte Rampling would have done.

You have zero clue why she changed her views at all and yet here you are with another book about how you wish Lana would take the red pill so she would be your 34 year old Lolita beauty queen again. BTD is still there, go and listen to that if you miss it so much.

locals only

It’s scary how click baity people can be on twitter. Like the fka twigs mention is getting blown out of proportion and people aren’t even listening to the other things she said. Ppl are just looking for something to run with.

It’s scary how click baity people can be on twitter. Like the fka twigs mention is getting blown out of proportion and people aren’t even listening to the other things she said. Ppl are just looking for something to run with.

it is the internet after all

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i don’t remember lana being called a whore by anyone notable or any sizable group of people after tropico, sucks if she did, but i don’t remember it. but you know who was actually called a whore by literally everyone? nicki minaj after every single music video she ever put out.

i can’t take her seriously when she seems to forget every woman goes through this shit, and she’s not special in getting unfair criticism. also people are so much quicker to slut shame women of color (bc white women are seen as pure and delicate) so it makes her come across as ignorant. (also she called an alt singer, probably an underaged lorde, a whore in fmwuttt, which uhh.. doesn’t help her case here)

what's with this whole delicate stuff she's been on so much lately anyway?????????

eh. i assume it’s about the way critics said her submissive attitude hurt feminism back in 2012. but again, a) this was 2012, only lana fans and lana herself remember how she was treated back then, b) she seemingly can’t make her point in a clear and understandable way without alluding to how she believes other women weren’t getting similarly unfair criticism (which is blatantly untrue) and c) the women she does name drop are majority woc who had to endure racist AND sexist remarks, whereas lana only has to endure the latter

ahem anyway that’s my problem with it

Btw she talked about Ari and Doja, and now they are accused one of racism and the other one of homophobia ... Our Lana is really a witch after all <3

Ariana being a homophobe? What kind of crack are stans smoking nowadays

maggots for brains luvv

negAbhB.png

eh. i assume it’s about the way critics said her submissive attitude hurt feminism back in 2012. but again, a) this was 2012, only lana fans and lana herself remember how she was treated back then, b) she seemingly can’t make her point in a clear and understandable way without alluding to how she believes other women weren’t getting similarly unfair criticism (which is blatantly untrue) and c) the women she does name drop are majority woc who had to endure racist AND sexist remarks, whereas lana only has to endure the latter

ahem anyway that’s my problem with it

But the truth of it is that Beyonce doesn't face nearly as much criticism rooted in misogyny. At least not over the past decade. Race is another issue (and I remember all of the unfair shit Bey took online for speaking up about police brutality, or how people try to discredit Cardi as being both black and Latina) but you'd be hard-pressed to find articles about Beyonce that come CLOSE to the level of sexism present in pieces about Lana from 2011-2015. Lana will never be persecuted for her race— and that's a huge privilege— but she takes way more sexist shit for her self-expression than Beyonce or Camila or Doja. jmo.

Again, it all stems back to how critics deem some female artist's work as "empowering" and others' as "regressive"

But the truth of it is that Beyonce doesn't face nearly as much criticism rooted in misogyny. At least not over the past decade. Race is another issue (and I remember all of the unfair shit Bey took online for speaking up about police brutality, or how people try to discredit Cardi as being both black and Latina) but you'd be hard-pressed to find articles about Beyonce that come CLOSE to the level of sexism present in pieces about Lana from 2011-2015. Lana will never be persecuted for her race— and that's a huge privilege— but she takes way more sexist shit for her self-expression than Beyonce or Camila or Doja. jmo.

Again, it all stems back to how critics deem some female artist's work as "empowering" and others' as "regressive"

Girl... this is a lie you can find hundreds of articles that slut-shame beyonce and more, i remember it myself especially when the 2016 election took place and she publicly supported Hillary. It was also dumb asf for lana to mention nicki when she faces the same level of slut-shaming everyday.

In a lot of instances misogyny and racism clash, and this is the case for most hateful critiques towards people like Beyonce and Nicki, and i’m sorry but it’s just untrue that lana has faced the same amount of misogyny they have. Even then, it’s not a competition. Lana just needs to accept that everyone faces criticism and make her point without mentioning these people.

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2014/apr/29/beyonce-harms-girls-says-bill-oreilly

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2802433/amp/annie-lennox-slams-beyonce-saying-twerking-not-feminism-modern-music-disturbing-exploitative.html

I’m 100% sure you can find more.

Girl... this is a lie you can find hundreds of articles that slut-shame beyonce and more, i remember it myself especially when the 2016 election took place and she publicly supported Hillary. It was also dumb asf for lana to mention nicki when she faces the same level of slut-shaming everyday.

In a lot of instances misogyny and racism clash, and this is the case for most hateful critiques towards people like Beyonce and Nicki, and i’m sorry but it’s just untrue that lana has faced the same amount of misogyny they have. Even then, it’s not a competition. Lana just needs to accept that everyone faces criticism and make her point without mentioning these people.

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2014/apr/29/beyonce-harms-girls-says-bill-oreilly

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2802433/amp/annie-lennox-slams-beyonce-saying-twerking-not-feminism-modern-music-disturbing-exploitative.html

I’m 100% sure you can find more.

Posting an article about a Bill O'reilly quote doesn't really say anything lmao. Lana spoke about MUSIC criticism. Of course an extreme-right-wing political FoxNews wacko would hate Beyonce. There were literally articles from highly reputable music websites saying that Lana should "kill herself already."But go off

I don't really think it's comparable to a squabble about twerking. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/01/lana-del-reys-regressive-beautiful-twisted-fantasy/252252/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/jan/21/lana-del-rey-pop

https://slate.com/culture/2012/01/lana-del-reys-born-to-die-reviewed.html

Unlike your references, there are a few reputable news sources. And those are just two I pulled from a one-minute google search. It only gets worse from there. Her entire persona was ruthlessly attacked.

Here's a quote from the third DIRECTLY COMPARING her to Nicki in a particularly disgusting way:

She strikes me as something like an anti-Nicki Minaj. Both artists have patently plastic personas that, advertising their own contingency, expose the mechanisms of pop identity-craft. But whereas Minaj has a galvanizing agency about her—she is the savvy, sexy chameleon, in control of her scattershot subjectivity, wielding her desirability as a weapon—Del Rey plays the victim and emotional punching bag, constructed (and poorly, at that) entirely in the service of male desire. Her favorite image is the female corpse, pliant and posable; the words deaddying, and death recur over and again. In Del Rey’s lyrics, love is an obliterating, self-abnegating force, and women are its victims: “I can be your china doll if you’d like to see me fall”; “Take me like a vitamin”; “I wish I was dead.” Del Rey has called herself the “gangster Nancy Sinatra,” but she spends Born to Die walking all over herself.

Posting an article about a Bill O'reilly quote doesn't really say anything lmao. Lana spoke about MUSIC criticism. Of course an extreme-right-wing political FoxNews wacko would hate Beyonce. There were literally articles from highly reputable music websites saying that Lana should "kill herself already."But go off

I don't really think it's comparable to a squabble about twerking.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/01/lana-del-reys-regressive-beautiful-twisted-fantasy/252252/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/jan/21/lana-del-rey-pop

https://slate.com/culture/2012/01/lana-del-reys-born-to-die-reviewed.html

Unlike your references, there are a few reputable news sources. And those are just two I pulled from a one-minute google search. It only gets worse from there. Her entire persona was ruthlessly attacked.

Girl i’m talking about sexist attacks, period. You said, and i quote

But the truth of it is that Beyonce doesn't face nearly as much criticism rooted in misogyny. At least not over the past decade.

Which was simply a lie. And is a “squabble about twerking” not an attack rooted in misogyny? Lol. So what is the point you’re trying to make then?

I said what I said, Lana has not ever faced more misogynistic attacks than Beyonce BECAUSE misogynoir is very much alive in our society. Race absolutely plays into misogyny and that’s a factor lana will never have to endure.

p.s. even if the news sources weren’t “reputable” it doesn’t change what was said so enough of that X

Girl i’m talking about sexist attacks, period. You said, and i quote

Which was simply a lie. And is a “squabble about twerking” not an attack rooted in misogyny? Lol. So what is the point you’re trying to make then?

I said what I said, Lana has not ever faced more misogynistic attacks than Beyonce BECAUSE misogynoir is very much alive in our society. Race absolutely plays into misogyny and that’s a factor lana will never have to endure.

I literally said myself Lana will never have to endure struggles about race. I also said that was a huge privilege. But to say that Beyonce— the music critics' darling of the 2010s— faces as much criticism rooted in misogyny is simply untrue. Lana sang about her real life experiences with domestic abuse and was basically told she was setting the feminist movement back to the 60s. That being said, Beyonce experiences other biased criticism, and vicious racism that Lana has never and will never have to deal with.

Also as far as the twerking thing— of course that's rooted in misogyny. But twerking is literally celebrated nowadays; Beyonce and Megan are about to go #1 for a song chock full of sexual innuendo and empowerment, and multiple lines about twerking

And the quality/reputability of the source absolutely has something to do with it. Think about how many more people click an article from a trusted source. These are outlets that are supposedly well-respected in the music community; of course their words carry more weight than Bill O'Reilly's.