LDRO

Instagram Updates

I feel so bad that I know this but Ariana has unfollowed 31 people since Lana’s post and she STILL FOLLOWS Lana. That’s it. That’s the post.

she must have refollowed her bc there was a point when neither followed each other

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Okay, you are my people. I could talk all day about all this, as a "seeker" / thinker type musician myself. I LOOOOVE Jung. She would DEFINITELY benefit from shadow self work. And I hate the new age movement for the reasons you mentioned, it takes well intentioned, deep people and it placates them with shallow fantasy.

Great, and thank you. Most people, I think, don't realize how much work is involved in genuine spiritual work--it's a path, it takes a lot of time, a lifetime, it takes suffering, self-reflection and objectivity to make progress.

LDR has also recently attended Christin churches of  a somewhat dubious nature, very much criticized on this board, and she ended this latest video with 'God bless you' or very similar words. She alluded to her Christian beliefs in 'Hope Is A Dangerous Thing' too, as well as elsewhere in her body of work. Whether she is a Christian or not, however, is not a matter of any importance to me. As long as she continues to strive and finds her path. We've seen this same process play out in Tori Amos's work, for example. 

I can't believe I found a Lana fan who just said what I've been saying for years. 

Thank you. I've observed the entire process of her development and/or decline since the BTD/P era as objectively as possible, noting each available change, each shift, each action and reaction, each comment, each alteration, each post and interview, and all of those are what I base my conclusions on--empirical data, like Carl Jung. I readily admit I do not 'know everything,' having limited access, and have no direct contact with LDR. I have access to her mind only through her public remarks, and less so through her public behavior. 

This is nothing remarkable, certainly, because her motivations over the last ten years ago are fairly clear to anyone with experience, insight, perception, objectivity and some grounded psychological understanding of human behavior. It's really no different that observing the behavior of a partner, child, colleague, family member or neighbor over a period of time. Most of us do it with some regularity. 

Personally, I was shocked that she gave in, because, as I wrote then, "she seemed too smart, too talented, too confident to fall down that particular rabbit hole." 

Zara Larsson (although uninvited) kinda made some points huh?

Also look at her metacritics score for Norman Fucking Rockwell, compared to her peers who she name checked in the post... She's getting the acclaim and the praise! Yes, not in the early years of her career but not all of these artists came into this industry being praised from day 1 or avoiding criticism.

Lemonade - 92

Norman Fucking Rockwell - 87

thank u, next - 86

Invasion Of Privacy - 84

It Was Good Until It Wasn't - 77

Hot Pink - 73

Romance - 71

Queen - 70

And to say now they're getting #1 singles... Yes Ariana has been a force these last couple of years but like Beyonce hasn't had a #1 single since 2017 (and that was a duet with Ed Sheeran)... She's never made the sort of music that panders towards charts or chases trends. 

what was her take?

She kinda said that "fragile" or "delicate" women have always been celebrated as the ideal woman, a woman who is passive and submissive. And that it's only of late that women have had a voice and been able to fight for equality and have the freedom to do so etc. And therefore to say she's a victim etc is kinda not true? You'd probably have to read her post...

But basically women have always been seen as fragile and passive and it's the one's brave enough to stand up and fight that have been criticised. 

a non feminist like her cant make any points about feminism. she drag every singer that are on cancell moment. She isnt that smart

i was under the impression that zara larsson at least self-identified as a feminist, though?

i mean, she's received plenty of recognition from swedish women's rights organizations (though i would argue that the common swedish take on feminism is woefully impotent) anyway...

@@bored ah, well, no surprise there - i don't strictly disagree with her, tbf

rihKQ8M.gif

She isnt that smart

I don't really follow her tbh, just saw her post in an article about Lana Del Rey being controversial and though that what she had to say about the situation kinda made some sense...

I mean it's true though. How long has it taken for women to finally get some recognition? How long has it taken for women to finally say "you know what? I can be strong like a man too". 

Fragile femininity has always been the norm and has also been the most acceptable. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

And to say now they're getting #1 singles... Yes Ariana has been a force these last couple of years but like Beyonce hasn't had a #1 single since 2017 (and that was a duet with Ed Sheeran)... She's never made the sort of music that panders towards charts or chases trends. 

welp now she just got another one 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Zara Larsson (although uninvited) kinda made some points huh?

Also look at her metacritics score for Norman Fucking Rockwell, compared to her peers who she name checked in the post... She's getting the acclaim and the praise! Yes, not in the early years of her career but not all of these artists came into this industry being praised from day 1 or avoiding criticism.

Lemonade - 92

Norman Fucking Rockwell - 87

thank u, next - 86

Invasion Of Privacy - 84

It Was Good Until It Wasn't - 77

Hot Pink - 73

Romance - 71

Queen - 70

IOP having an 84: JAIL

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF