LDRO

Instagram Updates

56 minutes ago, Embach said:

Coachella's copyrights

Effing redic. I mean, with Coachella's dwindling hype, they should be glad people on socials are reposting stuff. Going after reposters is not helping their brand, especially going after a rabid fanbase for their #1 Headliner act  :facepalm:

Thank you for filling me in @Embach, much appreciated

Edit: apparently I threw blame in the wrong direction. It was Insta all along!!

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

3 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Effing redic. I mean, with Coachella's dwindling hype, they should be glad people on socials are reposting stuff. Going after reposters is not helping their brand, especially going after a rabid fanbase for their #1 Headliner act  :facepalm:

Thank you for filling me in @Embach, much appreciated

It's actually Instagram that's making huge algorithm changes. This will affect small accounts too, not just large ones, and there's been a lot of buzz in the creator community. Here's an Instagram released statement:  https://creators.instagram.com/blog/recommendations-and-originality We can probably expect a lot of fan accounts to go down as Instagram prioritises original content. 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

9 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

It's actually Instagram that's making huge algorithm changes. This will affect small accounts too, not just large ones, and there's been a lot of buzz in the creator community. Here's an Instagram released statement:  https://creators.instagram.com/blog/recommendations-and-originality We can probably expect a lot of fan accounts to go down as Instagram prioritises original content. 

"Political content, potentially related to thinks like laws, elections, or social topics."  is this some high and mighty way of speaking or is there a typo in there :puzzled:

very odd of them to flag lanaboards since lana is always credited too

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. So it was Insta not Coachella...

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

18 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

"Political content, potentially related to thinks like laws, elections, or social topics."  is this some high and mighty way of speaking or is there a typo in there :puzzled:

very odd of them to flag lanaboards since lana is always credited too

That's definitely a typo, trust Instagram to not spellcheck its important announcement :omfg:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I understand why they would make a move like this. I constantly have to report accounts for using my copyrighted photos to sell their own products, which is soooooooooo incredibly frustrating. Even when someone gives credit, it's still an infringement of copyright because most photographers/creators license their photos to brands for a fee. As is usually the case, it's nuanced. 

HOWEVER, obviously that's not the case for Lanaboards/fan pages. Since the guidelines actually doesn't mention anything about deleting accounts (I think), I'm not sure why they've taken down the LB IG instead of just not recommending it??:crai: Not that either is desirable! It seems like what should have happened according to the new rules is all LB IG followers should see the posts as usual, they just won't appear in the explore page etc. Hopefully it's a hiccup while they roll out these new changes and the account will be back up soon? :pray2:

Presumably even Lana will have to deal with this, since she often reposts fan-made edits ...

4 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. So it was Insta not Coachella...

I wouldn't put it past Coachella, but yes, this is a huge change that's going to affect all accounts which repost content, like LanaBoards. 

PS. Disclaimer I love the LB IG account and I don't want it to go :cryney:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

1 hour ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

this is the death of fandom on instagram, because everyone reposts everything :rip:

i'm not convinced it's IG - it seems Coachella just copyright striked everything everywhere since all posts on twitter and reddit with footage from lana's performance have been deleted

Lanita doesn't post updates on her IG , so LB and other pages is where we go for new pictures and actual news about her.

I really don't want to see LB go , Instagram will no longer be for fandoms if they really go down with that non share copyrighted content 

5 hours ago, Embach said:

Lana's comment: "Wally and Jesus are my stuntmen"

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6brt6vOPZE/?igsh=MTZ6bnRkMG81NnoyNw==

I think this is bc Wally has a book called Jesus is my stunt double! :omfg2: I love this though, so cute to see how close they've become working with each other. He's so supportive as he should <3

4 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Really unfortunate to see this. Fan accounts have been a huge part of instagram and social media in general. I don't see the issue with fan accounts :um3: 

It seems to be more of a Coachella copyright issue though this time, since most of the accounts being deleted are because of posting content from the festival. I hope Lana sees this! Idk if she can do anything about it, but it's sad to see people's hard work being deleted.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

23 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

the way anna cofone’s instagram was deleted too. That’s so nasty cause that’s her JOB… and it’s how she gets more jobs and promote herself like i feel bad…

whatttttt???? this is so unfair, it doesn’t even makes sense. i hope that lana’s team get to arrange this mess soon :poordat:

On 5/2/2024 at 6:06 AM, Wait For Life said:

What happened to the LanaBoards Instagram?

Unfortunately, we were disabled after reposting a reel from Lana’s Instagram. I hope to regain access to our original account, but in the meantime we’ll be using @lanaboards.ig for anyone who would like to give us a follow. Please feel free to also spread the word about our new account especially for anyone who may run a fanpage on Instagram or Twitter/X, no matter how big or small - I’d love to reconnect with as many of our original followers as possible, so this would be a great help. I know the LanaBoards Instagram page was a great trusted & reliable resource for over 141,000 fans, even those who don’t use our website. Hopefully the original account can be regained (also feel free to tag @edtap78 under our latest post so maybe he can help) but in the meantime, we’ll be using that new one x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

Unfortunately, we were disabled after reposting a reel from Lana’s Instagram. I hope to regain access to our original account, but in the meantime we’ll be using @lanaboards.ig for anyone who would like to give us a follow. Please feel free to also spread the word about our new account especially for anyone who may run a fanpage on Instagram or Twitter/X, no matter how big or small - I’d love to reconnect with as many of our original followers as possible, so this would be a great help. I know the LanaBoards Instagram page was a great trusted & reliable resource for over 141,000 fans, even those who don’t use our website. Hopefully the original account can be regained (also feel free to tag @edtap78 under our latest post so maybe he can help) but in the meantime, we’ll be using that new one x

Thank you, Elle! :) I'm glad that LanaBoards is on Instagram again, even if it has a new account. But I hope you'll get the old one back!

url%5D

I truly think it’s Coachella rather than Instagram itself that is requesting all those fan pages being taken down. However I really dislike that Instagram seemingly gives no warning to the user and just takes their whole page down.

But regarding fan pages I do think it’s a problem when the username or display name is something that might look like they are pretending to be Lana or pretending to be associated with her. An example from a while back is a page with a name like “It’s Lana Del Rey” which wasn’t supposed to be nefarious in any way (the owner seems very sweet) but it definitely looks like impersonation at first glance, hence why I think Instagram removed it. Anyways be careful what you post 💔

5 minutes ago, Unidentified Major Tom said:

Lana commented this post from IG about her exit song at Coachella (The Caretaker - It's just a burning memory) :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6JOpjNNKxU/?igsh=ODdoaHc1NTF3ZWpz

Screenshot-20240505-102145-Instagram.jpg

She really leaves nothing to chance. Also it gives The Grants a different meaning. :wowcry:

My god, the words really did hit. The way how she talks about existence always hits. :crying4: She really explained it thoroughly, it was interesting to read. So sorry for her grandpa. Alzheimer's really is scary.

url%5D