LDRO

Instagram Updates

"certain alternative singers".... who is she referring to...

I think it's Lorde, and I do not think it's a coincidence that she posted the og typewritten post the day after Lorde sent her newsletter (which incidentally, name dropped Jack). It generated a lot of publicity, and I think it might've triggered Lanz for reasons that aren't entirely clear.

What color is her hair from those videos...I cant judge ?

Looks blonde at the front. I don't think she's dyed her roots, and is just letting her natural colour grow in.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

That’s about lorde??

Where did my quote go in your signature? Kk

Fucked My Way is not about Lorde. Aren't y'all tired of that story :rip: 

And before y'all quote me with a link, yes she said something that sounded like she meant it was for Lorde, but come on read the lyrics :rip: And she explained the actual meaning a few years later...

Fucked My Way is not about Lorde. Aren't y'all tired of that story :rip: 

And before y'all quote me with a link, yes she said something that sounded like she meant it was for Lorde, but come on read the lyrics :rip: And she explained the actual meaning a few years later...

I had no idea about any of this. That’s why I asked.

That’s about lorde??

Where did my rant go in your signature? Jk jk

i think generally the fanbase considers it a Lorde diss track, but personally i don't think so. and i thought her "i'm a glamorous person" was dramatic and interesting. your quote was good too though and i have it saved in a list of possible signatures if i ever feel like putting it back later. i like making quotes that i find funny or dramatic by users on here my signature. i've made many dramatic posts, too. it's bound to happen on a forum like this

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

i think generally the fanbase considers it a Lorde diss track, but personally i don't think so. and i thought her "i'm a glamorous person" was dramatic and interesting. your quote was good too though and i have it saved in a list of possible signatures if i ever feel like putting it back later. i like making quotes that i find funny or dramatic by users on here my signature. i've made many dramatic posts, too. it's bound to happen on a forum like this

I didn’t even know she had a riff with lorde until this forum. I’m so far behind.

I busted up laughing when I saw you had that. God I was dramatic.

I am so sure she is mostly talking about Kim Gordon.

"The extract read: “Today we have someone like Lana Del Rey, who doesn’t even know what feminism is, who believes women can do whatever they want, which, in her world, tilts toward self-destruction, whether it’s sleeping with gross old men or getting gang raped by bikers. Equal pay and equal rights would be nice. Naturally, it’s just a persona. If she really truly believes it’s beautiful when young musicians go out on a hot flame of drugs and depression, why doesn’t she just off herself?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/kim-gordon-3-1206795%3famp

3lfQEhw.png

I had no idea about any of this. That’s why I asked.

Sorry, the tone of my comment wasn't meant for you, since you didn't know about any of this. I just meant people in general. :)

Forgive me if this has already been posted and talked about here. I don't know how I missed it.

I'm feeling for her. I think the problem is that she, having white privilege and class privilege, doesn't have the instinct to think about the multi-faces of feminism before she talks about it. She talks from her position of privilege, but it doesn't mean she has everything. That might make her think that not having everything (not having full acceptance in the 'culture') is on the same level as the need for many more serious issues in equality and unfortunately this came out at the wrong time.

It's such a shame. I really want Lana to have a voice. She's had no success asking to be heard fairly. As a feminist myself, I'm not even sure how we can fix this. Maybe she just has to fix it herself. In this video she only semi-appologised and tried to make up for it by sharing the knowledge she DOES have, without admitting there are things she is yet to understand and that she should try to, in order to understand the response she received.

It's still a tricky situation. 

She is not racist period.

She IS privileged and she should make the room to learn about it. She needs some teachers. Why doesn't she ask the singers she listed to help her out? 

Forgive me if this has already been posted and talked about here. I don't know how I missed it.

I'm feeling for her. I think the problem is that she, having white privilege and class privilege, doesn't have the instinct to think about the multi-faces of feminism before she talks about it. She talks from her position of privilege, but it doesn't mean she has everything. That might make her think that not having everything (not having full acceptance in the 'culture') is on the same level as the need for many more serious issues in equality and unfortunately this came out at the wrong time.

It's such a shame. I really want Lana to have a voice. She's had no success asking to be heard fairly. As a feminist myself, I'm not even sure how we can fix this. Maybe she just has to fix it herself. In this video she only semi-appologised and tried to make up for it by sharing the knowledge she DOES have, without admitting there are things she is yet to understand and that she should try to, in order to understand the response she received.

It's still a tricky situation. 

She is not racist period.

She IS privileged and she should make the room to learn about it. She needs some teachers. Why doesn't she ask the singers she listed to help her out? 

just a question about the emboldened sentence: fix what? 

^ just asking cause i don't know what you're referring to in particular. i've missed the last 20 pages

I didn’t even know she had a riff with lorde until this forum. I’m so far behind.

I busted up laughing when I saw you had that. God I was dramatic.

don't worry about it, i've done incredibly embarrassing things on this forum that i'm not proud of, it seems like you were just writing with emotion, that's all :)

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

"The extract read: “Today we have someone like Lana Del Rey, who doesn’t even know what feminism is, who believes women can do whatever they want, which, in her world, tilts toward self-destruction, whether it’s sleeping with gross old men or getting gang raped by bikers. Equal pay and equal rights would be nice. Naturally, it’s just a persona. If she really truly believes it’s beautiful when young musicians go out on a hot flame of drugs and depression, why doesn’t she just off herself?”

Kim Gordon, Maura Johnston, Lorde and recently Ann Powers to name a few. All female artists/writers that have in some ways criticized Lana over the years.

Kim Gordon, Maura Johnston, Lorde and recently Ann Powers to name a few. All female artists/writers that have in some ways criticized Lana over the years.

Lorde seemed like she was digging at certain acts when Royals (or her debut album came out in general) came out anyways. Like she was the anti-Ariana and wanted to secure that.

Lorde seemed like she was digging at certain acts when Royals (or her debut album came out in general) came out anyways. Like she was the anti-Ariana and wanted to secure that.

I feel like based on what she said 'Royals' was like a counter reaction to the lavish and, for a lack of a better word, "vapid" imagery and message Lana conveyed in 'National Anthem'. But she also criticized Lana's overall lyricism, which Lana very much alluded to in her letter to the "culture".

I feel like based on what she said 'Royals' was like a counter reaction to the lavish and, for a lack of a better word, "vapid" imagery and message Lana conveyed in 'National Anthem'. But she also criticized Lana's overall lyricism, which Lana very much alluded to in her letter to the "culture".

But Lorde has been MIA. For a looong time. I forget she even made an album after heroine, tbqh

just a question about the emboldened sentence: fix what? 

^ just asking cause i don't know what you're referring to in particular. i've missed the last 20 pages

I mean fix the situation. Not that we have to, since we aren't even involved, but Lana herself- how she can improve her situation now  :hdu: (the one which arose from the initial post)

Can someone let me know, who is perhaps active in the insta or Twitter replies, did the situation drag on enough for... Perhaps ... Philip Defranco to cover?  :usrs:

Jk I'd have a fucking heart attack.

i think it's so disgusting to me that she really had the audacity to say "her idea of feminism is getting gangraped" who would say such a thing about another person? that's really gross and unsettling to me. sure, she doesn't have to like lana, and she doesn't have to like her art, that's her opinion. but that comment really disturbs me, i don't really know who kim gordon is but now whenever i see her name or hear about her, all i'm going to think about is this. 

WGe8ynS.gif

i think it's so disgusting to me that she really had the audacity to say "her idea of feminism is getting gangraped" who would say such a thing about another person? that's really gross and unsettling to me. sure, she doesn't have to like lana, and she doesn't have to like her art, that's her opinion. but that comment really disturbs me, i don't really know who kim gordon is but now whenever i see her name or hear about her, all i'm going to think about is this. 

I know right :rip: It's just so so disgusting

Some of you guys are mad because she say to a gc to 'fuck yourself', I have no idea why some of you still here arguing.

PLEASE GO OUT

I feel sorry for Lana coz she's not helping herself talking more and more.

Kim comes from the era of when Courtney Love was seen as feminist. I can’t say what feminism is and isn’t but Courtney isn’t on my list. Idk I feel like the 90s riot grrrls think they’re the shit when hardly anyone can and could name Kim, Courtney, Kathleen Hanna, etc as pioneer feminists.. Their fame is limited and, in their minds, bigger than it is. TBH, kim is name dropping someone to slightly coattail off of a new act because she knows she needs headlines to gain relevancy.