Mind Melt

Lana Touring This Summer

Thursday July 28th is the day she is playing.

unfortunately I will be busy with the Democratic national convention in Philadelphia that week so I can't drive over there

(it ends Thursday, Lana playing Thursday).

unless I change my plans of course, one day tix are on sale

btw, checkout Sunflower Bean they are a great new band lead singer with the delicious name of Julie Cumming

Who are you supporting?

Okay, if she's a headliner and she still plays that 2 years old setlist I'm gonna be so mad  :defeated:

I'm sure she won't. Remember how we had such low hopes for the last tour and then she surprised everyone with UATW and Serial Killer, not even mentioning Do Right? I'm sure there will be at least 4-5 delightful new additions and 1 new song.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up singing Swan Song or Salvatore a couple of times.

Does Lollapalooza request their performers to do a specific show time? I'm gonna riot if she does 30 minutes 

headliners usually do like 1 hour and more 

I'm glad she came out of that sad funk and she's touring again. Maybe her manager convinced her it's time to tour since Honeymoon didn't do as well as her previous albums.

but she toured festivals and a bit with UV 

@@intensely- the Democratic party- as a big Barack Obama supporter, (want him on the US Supreme Court after he retires as President), will support Hillary first , though if Bernie were to actually win the nomination, would avidly support him

and would have supported Elizabeth Warren, Deval Patrick, Cory Booker or Jerry Brown (who I supported heavily in 1992 when he ran vs. Bill C.)  had they run.

Wonder if there are other fests that haven't announced the acts yet. Panorama did (the one in NYC a few weeks after Governor's Ball).

Guess it will be driving up to Montreal. They haven't announced which day have they?  Though if she is in Chicago on Thursday, most likely it will be Saturday or Sunday

Also single day tickets not yet on sale

Wonder if Lana is doing anything Olympic related in August???

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I really hope we get some great videos. And it's awesome she will play more gigs!

I still sense a similar way of working on the new album like with Honeymoon when she had probably written the record the before she hit the road for the Endless Summer Tour and then finishing the album right after.

Does Lollapalooza request their performers to do a specific show time? I'm gonna riot if she does 30 minutes 

for someone one the 2nd line she'll probably do 45-75 mins, full set

BzhmW.png

Oh, so she'll only perform National Anthem then?

"Let the lights shine iiiiiin it's a cruel cruel wooooorld" *enters stage while the Cola string intro is playing* "Money is the anthem of success, so before we go out, what's your address?" *descends into the crowd while the National Anthem instrumental plays*

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"Let the lights shine iiiiiin it's a cruel cruel wooooorld" *enters stage while the Cola string intro is playing* "Money is the anthem of success, so before we go out, what's your address?" *descends into the crowd while the National Anthem instrumental plays*

:rollin: :thumb3: :rollin:

Thursday July 28th is the day she is playing.

unfortunately I will be busy with the Democratic national convention in Philadelphia that week so I can't drive over there

(it ends Thursday, Lana playing Thursday).

unless I change my plans of course, one day tix are on sale

btw, checkout Sunflower Bean they are a great new band lead singer with the delicious name of Julie Cumming

NO :facepalm:

giphy.gif