PARADIXO

Lana Del Rey @ Lollapalooza 25th Anniversary

honestly, i wish she would just stop playing songs off of btd and paradise  :deadbanana:

an updated/first performance of Diet Mountain Dew, Dark Paradise, This Is What Makes Us Girls, Lucky Ones, American, Blue Velvet, Bel Air, and Burning Desire one last time would be cool, but no more next year

utwU6cX.gif

The show was amazing. She sang in a much higher pitch than when I last saw her in 2015, which I love. She looked & sounded absolutely stunning. I was second row, but the people in front of me ended up getting a picture with her and when she leaned back to take it, I touched her hair, so I can check that off of my bucket list. I'll probably be uploading some videos and pictures on my Instagram tomorrow (@) x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Nice review

Lana Del Rey (8:45 Bud Light)

"I'm crying already," a nearby fellow festgoer told his friend as the haunting notes of one of Lana Del Rey's first songs of the night hovered in the air around us. I never quite understood the fascination and fandom that surrounds the singer, but I understand it a little more tonight after her set closing out Day 1. There's a mesmerizing quality to Lana Del Rey, her air of calm, lethargic melancholy that never feels affected and runs at such great contrast to the near-hysteric shrieks of her fans whenever she does anything—start a song, end a song, pick up a guitar at one point. She didn't really do much on stage besides some lightly choreographed movements during the choruses of some songs, preferring to amble around the stage (and down among the front row of the crowd a couple of times) in her frothy white dress and matching flower crown. And yet, it was so very difficult to look away or not sway in time with her tunes.

She and her backup singers look like they stepped out of a ModCloth catalog, and the '60s flower child vibe runs so strong that you have to remind yourself you're not watching some throwback performance on TV, but there's a jaded air about her and her songs that's so undeniably 21st century that it brings us back to 2016. After radio friendly "Summertime Sadness" started a crowdwide singalong, some in the crowd weren't feeling it and started heading out during her final song, "Off to the Races," but a good many remained until Lana drifted away backstage and her lead guitarist sent us all home with an extended (and rather jarring) riff, but it was a decent closing to the first day of this music festival marathon.
—Elise De Los Santos, executive editor

Copyright © 2016, RedEye

Cried during Born To Die.

Was a beautiful show.

Angel.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

She performs even less songs from UV now, why does she hate the album so much

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I was at the show last night and all I can say is that she sounded perfect live. Her voice was super strong and the crowd was really into it for the majority of the show. I feel like I know a bit better why she plays so many Born to Die/Paradise songs during her shows now, as a sizeable portion of the crowd that weren't die hard fans of hers got really bored when she played stuff like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. Think drunk frat boys making up a very vocal portion of her audience who only want to hear fast paced jams they can do whatever it is that they do to.

It was my first Lana show and most definitely not my last. The entire atmosphere of the show is worth mentioning, as the backdrop to the entire evening was low hanging misty clouds swooping down over the Chicago city skyline. Very lovely, fit her vibe perfectly.

I was there and at the barrier and it was honestly one of the most traumatic things I've ever experienced. Lana fans are fucking crazy. The second the 1975 left the stage, the hand of God pushed the entire crowd forward. And it was extremely muddy. It was such a horrible experience. Obviously Lana did good, though. She looked STUNNING.

I was feeling claustrophobic in the audience and was literally crying (and not because of Lana) and by the end I was in a much safer spot probably 10 rows back. And then there was a drunk guy singing along very loudly (and badly), yet he knew none of the words. I'm just so thankful that this wasn't my first Lana show. 

I must say that despite the things going on around me and making it hard to focus on the actual concert, once she started playing Yayo, I remembered why I had stood in the same spot all day and endured the things that I had endured. It made it all worth it.