Cashew

Poppy

Can't like the posts on mobile, but my favorites at the moment are:

1s + 0s, Linger, Motorbike (grew on me), Knockoff, The Attic

Honorable mentions to: Prove It & Zig :ma: the mixing is a MESS but it's funny to me in a BratzDancing.gif type of way :beyonce:. It she chooses to do Zag, and continuing an industrial theme AND keeping Ali, think they should bring on a co-producer to help refine the positive things about Zig

13 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I think what he's trying to say is that leaking/listening to unreleased music isn't comparable to rape at all. Like that's a bizarre statement for her to have made

i understand the point made but there were better ways to make the point than saying “hey let’s r*** (insert singer)”

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I can listen to this from top to bottom no skips and I enjoy every minute of it.  Even Motorbike grew on me and I hated that the first time I listened.  Linger is definitely my favorite.  My only complaint is I wish most of the songs were longer.  Prove It, Church Outfit, Flicker, and the title track all feel WAY too short to me :(

Def think the album is a grower! the more i listen the more I love it. Would still classify it as my least liked release of hers, but still find myself seeking out the album compared to other releases. 

My ranking so far: 

Spoiler

church outfit: 7/10
i've always thought this was a banger and it's a cute opener. feel like it doesn't really match the rest of the album, vocally wise? was fully expecting this album to be full of her scream vocals, but less is more ig lol. 

knockoff: 6.5/10
i struggle with getting through this song tbh. i like the concept, but there's just something about it that makes me feel like it drags on longer than it should (despite being under 4 minutes).
hard: 6/10
i wish i liked this song more, but i just hate the vocal delivery lmao. not much else to say.
what it becomes: 9.5/10

love, love, love. I don't think i've become obsessed with a song of hers this quickly since hysteria. the instrumental is incredible and i love the strings in the beginning. the only reason it's not a 10 is because it has a weird cut off at the end imo. just sounds very abrupt. 
flicker: 6/10
similar to knockoff + hard, i just find myself waiting for it to be over. I also feel it's her most lyrically weak song on the album. just feels like she had a concept, but couldn't figure out how to write it and started using words that worked with the melody lol. 
1s +0s: 9/10
i originally didn't like it on my first listen, but it clicked instantly during my second run of the album. it works. it's pretty messy production (mixing? idk not educated in the music process lol) but i feel it works in favor of the song. The drawn out 'one' vocal during 'unless i'm the only one' is cathartic. 
zig: 8/10
this song is fun. idk if poppy meant for it have some sort of unserious edge to it, but even if she didn't, it still works lmao. absolute banger that allows me to forgive how repetitive it is
linger: 7/10
love the lyrism. a good cooldown after 1s + os - zig run. reminds me of 90's dad rock/metal for some reason. don't ask how because idfk either lmao!
the attic: 7/10
like the instrumental. i find myself skipping this song despite never actually fully listening to the song....embarrassing on my part. reminds me of flux (the album). the drumline (i think that's what it is :rip: ) reminds me of the powerpuff girls intro theme
motorbike: 5.5
the intro makes me dislike the song more than i should. the song by itself is alright, but the album would not have suffered without its existence on the tracklist. chorus is catchy, but i find the lyricism subpar compared to a majority of the songs on the album. The 'vroom vroom' i detest. 

prove it: 8/10
great closer! interesting production wise. loveeee the effects on the vocals during the second chorus. 

Overall: 
really like the sound. haven't heard much of the industrial genre so i can't say if it hits the mark, but if she plans to have Zag sound the same then i think she should bring on a producer who knows the genre to smooth out the rough edges on the production....if she keeps the producer from Zig on, at least. The album is messy, but I believe it works in favor of what poppy wanted the album to be. reminds me of a lot of 90's grunge music....chaotic and noisy, but it almost sounds intentional at times. I know she's been getting a lot of flak for her lyricism, but tbh i've never thought her earlier music was stronger than her current music despite what a lot of her fans say lol. it's always sounded the same to me, and that's not a bad thing. I am someone who pays attention to music before the lyrics though, so could just be a matter of what you think makes a song/artist great.  

My Zig splatter vinyl came in today and it's gorgeous! Def not a clear/white split though lol. it's clear with purple splatters 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

It's like a wave when it comes over me
The chemicals rage in my body
I bite my cheeks 'cause I don't want to talk
It's hard enough just to live with my thoughts

giphy.gif

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I got a few, but have a questionable camera + lighting :hillary:, which pressings did you get? :party:

i got the boxset. it arrives very soon im excited for it! i originally got the urban outfiters but i didnt like it when i got it so i sent it back in the mail. then i ordered the boxset!

which did you get?

I'm toying with the idea of getting a second

1 hour ago, lanabanana11 said:

i got the boxset. it arrives very soon im excited for it! i originally got the urban outfiters but i didnt like it when i got it so i sent it back in the mail. then i ordered the boxset!

which did you get?

I'm toying with the idea of getting a second

The boxset? :judgingu3: Which store was that from? Do you mean the rope bundle with the magazines? :um2:. I got the Revolver purple/black splatter, the Alt Press swamp green one, and the magazine blue & blood splatter bundle with the magazines, the UO pink, the Newbury Comics green & white split (signed), and finally the Sumerian black/blue/clear splatter. Tempted to get their red/orange splatter press :suicide:.....there's also the standard green marbled press for general retail.

23 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

The boxset? :judgingu3: Which store was that from? Do you mean the rope bundle with the magazines? :um2:. I got the Revolver purple/black splatter, the Alt Press swamp green one, and the magazine blue & blood splatter bundle with the magazines, the UO pink, the Newbury Comics green & white split (signed), and finally the Sumerian black/blue/clear splatter. Tempted to get their red/orange splatter press :suicide:.....there's also the standard green marbled press for general retail.

for future reference babe u only need one pressing of a record <3 hope this helps 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Yes the rope bundle is what I meant haha, even tho it looks nothing like the mock-up, it’s still the one I think about the most. I think all of them are pretty but the only other one I am tempted to order is the orange/red swamp pressing, it looks very unique and pretty! 

but wow you have quite the collection! I bet they all look very masterful all arranged next to each other