Party Favor

8/21/16 Lana Heads to a Recording Studio in Santa Monica

only way comment#139 would be made would be if comment directly above #138 would have been read

thereby showing that comment #139 could not in any way be true

but that #138 is 100% true and just that comment #137 wants to be a statement that is untouchable

even though comment #138 is again, 100% true

because how else would comment #139 know if they haven't read 138

LOL

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Just to put it out there: Frank Ocean's new album is predicted to sell more in it's first week than Honeymoon overall.

I think it all depends on serving quality towards your demographic. Lana can not reach some listeners, but she still has widespread appeal, it's just that many from her demographic just don't see a reason why they should support her cause they don't consider her new direction good, hence the weak sales and low streaming numbers for Honeymoon.

How can you like Honeymoon when all you do is being focused on sales.

Ignore the numbers, enjoy her art.

It's not like we don't like Honeymoon because we have watched it flop. We don't like it because it sucks.

And look, with artists like Frank or Lana, they do have a similar type of demographic which are music buyers who appreciate quality material. When an artist has these low numbers, it is an indicator that the quality simply wasn't there when you look at it in retrospect.

It's not like we don't like Honeymoon because we have watched it flop. We don't like it because it sucks.

And look, with artists like Frank or Lana, they do have a similar type of demographic which are music buyers who appreciate quality material. When an artist has these low numbers, it is an indicator that the quality simply wasn't there when you look at it in retrospect.

Frank Ocean is a similar artist in some respects. Channel Orange is a lot poppier than his current release, which is considerably more downbeat and introspective (although I haven't listened to it extensively yet). So LDR and FO have a similar artistic progression going on, and it will be interesting to see how much Blond(e) sells. They're both sensitive souls, but LDR's artistic intentions are more cinematic and nostalgic. FO is more hip-hop (which is more mainstream) and he was also the darling of the Grammy's when Channel Orange was considered. The quality-appreciating demographic is highly capricious in the sense that there are a lot of albums out there that don't sell but still have a lot of quality. It is simply the case that some types of quality sell more than others. Maybe Florence's last album is a good comparable to HM (although I don't know it very well). Maybe HM didn't do quite as well as that, but still given the type of music on HM (which is considerably more deviant from the mainstream), the fact that it's at 60 or 70% of HBHBHB would be significant to me.  And I don't think HM sales are all "momentum" effects of previous albums but reflect the quality of the songs, which are outstanding relative to average artists. Hopefully HM will surpass Enya's last release (which is now somewhere between HM an HBHBHB).

What's the story behind that video? lol

It seems like how she acts around the paps that want her to sign autographs to sell on Ebay. She seems to get irritated by them, and i can't blame her. If i was in her shoes i'd flip them off constantly.

This a million times.

~INSTA1.gif

I would not equate sales with quality. Charts on iTunes etc are evidence that mainstream does not care about quality in terms of lyrics and composition.

From my personal experience, I only know a few people that do care about these issues, whereas the majority just wants songs you can listen to a few times, so you can move on to the next hit song.

I think Lana tries to establish a career that is based on timeless albums which she apparently managed to do.

Summa summarum, Lana is not made to be a chart singer. She became our cult leader lol

We can never know what the future will bring

We all know that UV should've sounded different tha what it is, until Dan came.

Maybe the demos will get a different sound to it when Lana will meet someone she hasn't worked with before.

@@Eclipse any word about music with Emile Haynie?

This!

Sales are not an indication of quality. Honeymoon is a high quality album, it just isnt mainstream. Her album had hardly any promotion either, which considering the amount UV got too, most casual listeners probably weren't even aware she had a new album out.

qsVmBMd.png

Honestly don't know why a sighting thread became a Sales/Stream discussion...

But are you guys forgetting that Honeymoon is one of Lana's favorite albums she's created? Do you guys not remember how happy she was around the time of the release? She was so satisfied with Honeymoon, and as long as she's satisfied, I'm satisfied. I loved Honeymoon right from the release of the title track (Inb4 someone says "you liked it cause it was the first era you experienced"). It was good ass quality, and had amazing visuals, I always thought it was so dreamy and kinda like a story book. Each song was a chapter, and you have to listen to it that way. You can't just be like "Welp High By The Beach It is", and then continue it on from there! I don't know why you are pushing for a manufactured pop album, It's not like it's going to matter if it plays on the radio anyways. I don't care if she has number one hits, or plays on the radio. I know that if she makes something I will support it, even if I'm not a big fan of it at first (not here for a Donald Trump support song though  :toofunny:)

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Ok, I started it, but to bring this to an end: Honeymoon sucks big time and it flopped rightfully so. I hope she gets better with her next album. I have zero patience to bore myself through an album of 14 filler songs with no standout material.

FACT & don't @me. Thx.

But our girl is good, so I have no doubt she will come up with something better. I mean, she has already said it herself in that quick little interview.

Ok, I started it, but to bring this to an end: Honeymoon sucks big time and it flopped rightfully so. I hope she gets better with her next album. I have zero patience to bore myself through an album of 14 filler songs with no standout material.

FACT & don't @me. Thx.

But our girl is good, so I have no doubt she will come up with something better. I mean, she has already said it herself in that quick little interview.

Which interview?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m