Party Favor

8/21/16 Lana Heads to a Recording Studio in Santa Monica

I don't think Lana really cares if there's competition or not. She's just gonna put it out there, release a subpar video or two, do some promo in Urban Outfitters and forget about the album in like a month

I don't think you're giving Lana enough credit- I mean she's still just as excited about Honeymoon, and even though she doesn't promo her shit like other artists, the music sells itself. The competition doesn't have this advantage, and that's why they don't matter. 

This next record is going to have even more of a creative direction than Honeymoon did, Lana knows exactly what she is doing and that's the most exciting part is seeing where she goes from Honeymoon..

file:///Users/keelyquinlan/Downloads/rs_500x211-140507104635-westcoast19.gif

I don't think you're giving Lana enough credit- I mean she's still just as excited about Honeymoon, and even though she doesn't promo her shit like other artists, the music sells itself. The competition doesn't have this advantage, and that's why they don't matter. 

This next record is going to have even more of a creative direction than Honeymoon did, Lana knows exactly what she is doing and that's the most exciting part is seeing where she goes from Honeymoon..

It actually didn't and had terrible streaming numbers for an album released when streaming was going through the roof

I'm really really not here for another Honeymoon Pt 2. I would really love something fresh though and if it's all these old producers keeping her sound the same then no thanks! It sounds kind of dumb but I def feel like staying in LA around the Same Ol is keeping the same sounds around..... like with Rick and Emile... I always thought her finding inspo by living else where would impact her sound.. Like if she lived in NYC again I feel like we would get a fresh sound with different beats and her matured voice. Honeymoon was nice but i felt like she didn't really put much effort in her voice.. It sounded really dulll............ 

It actually didn't and had terrible streaming numbers for an album released when streaming was going through the roof

ok I wasn't talking about Honeymoon literally selling like physically.. Interscope lets her do whatever the fuck she wants though. the point I was trying to make is that she, as an artist, sells regardless of promo and so does her music. born to die is still in the billboard top 200

I'm ready for a new sound, and you're right, honeymoon didn't sell nearly as well as the previous records, but we should still give her credit for doing as well as she has...? and she's proud of it, so why can't we be?

file:///Users/keelyquinlan/Downloads/rs_500x211-140507104635-westcoast19.gif

ok I wasn't talking about Honeymoon literally selling like physically.. Interscope lets her do whatever the fuck she wants though. the point I was trying to make is that she, as an artist, sells regardless of promo and so does her music. born to die is still in the billboard top 200

I'm ready for a new sound, and you're right, honeymoon didn't sell nearly as well as the previous records, but we should still give her credit for doing as well as she has...? and she's proud of it, so why can't we be?

It's none of my business. I'm just a fan and I wanna listen to exciting music. With declining sales, albums tend to become less adventerous and album eras less exciting for fans. I ain't Lana Del Rey, I just wanna enjoy her albums and watch videos with effort, see her live, etc. And yeah, I like when she is popular. It makes me even more perfect than I already am, just sayin.

I disagree...most artists release 10-15 songs every 3 years or so and they have no direct meaning, just super hits radio will play

blending in one after another until that person's time is up and (as Elvis Costello called it) next years model takes over.

With Lana you got a chapter of a life story each 15 months or so and the concept continues forever

Plus concerts (already making plans for next year and was able to see 2 this year)

Most people actually don't watch videos (before Video Games and Ride and the Ultraviolence videos and High by the beach, I think the last really great video besides Lana was

AHA's take on me back in the mid 1980s (or Leonard Cohen's Dance me to the end song/video) to perhaps Elton John's stark (pun intended) Robert Downey Jr lipsynching "I want love".in 2001)

It's the music after all that one listens too (in the car, in the bar, in the whereever

(note this was edited so reread the 2nd paragraph end)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I disagree...most artists release 10-15 songs every 3 years or so and they have no direct meaning, just super hits radio will play

blending in one after another until that person's time is up and (as Elvis Costello called it) next years model takes over.

With Lana you got a chapter of a life story each 15 months or so and the concept continues forever

Plus concerts

Most people actually don't watch videos (before High by the beach, I think the last really great video besides Lana was

AHA's take on me back in the mid 1980s.)

Boy... move one from the 1900s...

image.png

I think Lana should wait a little when the competition has died down a little before releasing whatever music she has in store because even if the music was a total banger with a fresh sound and direction I doubt it will do well in terms of charts. 

I always buy Lanas albums because i like to contribute to paying her rent, but I will not be purchasing a Honeymoon 2.0 sorry. Tbh I'm kinda hoping interscope puts their foot down and tells her to increase the beats per minute lol - Im not even hoping for another pop record, just as long as it's no slower than ultraviolence

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Still waiting for UV 2.0 :die:

I would die

I think Lana should wait a little when the competition has died down a little before releasing whatever music she has in store because even if the music was a total banger with a fresh sound and direction I doubt it will do well in terms of charts. 

I don't think Lana should focus on the charts at all. I think she should make music she loves and enjoys.

Honestly I like all her albums, I don't care what direction she goes.

I prefer AKA and UV and would die for more sounds like those.

I would die if she did a blues/rock record, but that's just personal preference.

also this is fucking fantastic lololol

~INSTA1.gif