Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

"Harvey's in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy (I come alive, alive)
All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby.
"

I just love how she sings it :flutter:

Lucky Ones. There are parts in the song that is just breathtaking.

I also absolutely love the bridge to National Anthem. Every time it's about to come up I get really excited. There's just something about the flow and the lyrics that is just makes it a really great moment. Especially during "On our drugs and our love and our dreams and our rage" and "He will do very well, I can tell, I can tell..."

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I think the ending of the A.K.A. version of Yayo deserves a mention.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

:yesnod:     HELL YESSSSS    :defeated:         :yesnod:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

EQFO7rX.png

- I love in Serial Killer when she sings,

"Sneak up on you really quiet, whisper "am I what your heart desires? I could be your ingenue""

It just sounds really seductive and vulnerable at the same time.

- Body Electric: "Heaven is my baby, suicide's her father, opulence is the end"

PEREFCT lyrics, I love the way she sings them!

- This is What Makes Us Girls: pretty much the whole song honestly, I absolutely love it! But I remember that the first time I heard it, the line, "and that's when the beginning of the end begun" gave me chills.

- And of course, my sig :) There's something magical and almost orgasmic about the way she sings that in Cola.

----      ---Harvey's in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy. All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby

- This is What Makes Us Girls: pretty much the whole song honestly, I absolutely love it! But I remember that the first time I heard it, the line, "and that's when the beginning of the end begun" gave me chills.

In that song the "Looking for a taste of real life" part always gets me :defeated:

I can so relate it's beautiful

I'm going to SATURATE this thread when I get home.

While I'm on mobile right now, I'll contribute this.

I don't really care for "Delicious", but I really can't help but love one moment.

After she says "Let's discuss this, I'm delicious", that little breath she takes before saying "delicious" again. I imagine she's like, taking a drag from a cigarette.

X----into me, into you----X

This is 900% the thread for me.

WHERE TO START

A lot of people already mentioned the live version of Million Dollar Man ((((the live performances made it 1 of my favourite songs so))))

I'll try to be logical in how these are grouped

1. The "hey there" in Next To Me is great as well, it's so bright but also rly sad at the same time??? idk it fills me w/ emotion~~
  2. I love how she sings "well you know it, and I know it" in A Star for Nick, idk if i'd even call it singing it's like she's talking and it's just rly pretty idk
  3. All You Need has probably my favourite line in the whole album "If you have visions come on and live them out." Amazing.  :flutter:
  4. Jimmy Gnecco is such a fun song, I love her vocal colour in it, it's so light and careless and happy
  5. "One, two, make it fun" in Kill Kill simultaneously made and ruined my life
  6. "A sway of the hips and arms will cradle you from afar" this whole verse is fantastic idk why but it's the best part of Oh Say Can You See hands down
  7. I love the way the drums basically drop out in the chorus of Jump ((also the clipped "do you- do you wanna"))
  8. The harmonies in the chorus of Mermaid Motel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  9. All of Raise Me Up (Mississippi South) I kid you not literally everything, even the title is one of my favourites, the "sixty nine million stars, birds are flying out of my mouth" "let me play with your new shot gun" "say nooooOoOooOo" and the last chorus where she's like shouting it. Chills, man
  10. Off to the Races has some gr8 moments, my favourites being when she giggles a lil bit when she sings "starlet, harlot" and obviously the line "sorry 'bout it" and the outro with "you are my one true love ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" is gr8 gr8 gr8
  11. I love the chord progression in Blue Jeans. I love the line "love is mean and love hurts" I love the bridge
  12. The lil stutter she does on "n-now you do" in Video Games also there r some digital like noises in the second verse idk what to call them but they're gr8
  13. The lil "doo" in Little Girls
  14. "Keep out the stars, turn out the lights, this little world is yours tonight" another amazing line by lana del ray aka lizzy grant from Smarty
  15. The piano part in MDM gets to me too, it's in 6/8 as well which is gr8 and the chord progression just all of it it's gr8 its an amazing song I can't go on enough about it and I know everyone hates the shouty samples but idk i think they work in that song just a+ really
  16. ALL OF RIDE I DONT EVEN CARE  :icant:
  17. The opening couple chords of American is beautiful, it's so tranquil and wow just gr8 it gets me emotional when i hear it
  18. I love the synths in Body Electric, and the "I said don't worry bout it"
  19. "Me and God we don't get along so now I sing 'no one's gonna take my soul away'." Just stunning a+ lyrics well done lana
  20. The piano hook in Burning Desire idk what to call it and her heavy breathing ofc
  21. The demo of National Anthem (((the nexus one))) where she sings "sky" it has this...... quality I can't rly explain that is gr8
  22. All the lil clipping in the second demo of TIWMUG, fantastic
  23. The screaming in the background of Big Bad Wolf (((at about 2:55))) that lasts until the end of the song that's autotuned and stuff, it's just a rly gr8 moment idk way, it turned a pretty bland emotionless song into somethin a little bit more excitin for me idk :~)
  24. "I'LL NEVER HAVE TO WORK CUZ MY DADDY IS RICH"  :hoe:  (for real tho the way she shouts it is gr8)
  25. "I pray your life is sweet you fucker" and "oh my god" at the end of damn you >>>>
  26. Her voice is soooo rich in Backfire it's fantastic, especially in the chorus
  27. She sounds so emotional when she sings "I feel like I can do anything" in I Don't Wanna Go and it makes me cry, also the verse's melody is so ssoososos beautiful I can't get over it
  28. The bridge of Velvet Crowbar left me in shock, same with the outro, so much power and emotion in her voice and the production of it backs it up it's huge it's dramatic it's 1 of the best thigns ever
  29. the "no no no no no no no/don't don't don't don't don't don't don't" in Last Girl on Earth, the final chorus and the bridge, and the "oh"s before the prechorus and the "sometimes I get lonely millions can hold me now". One of my favourite songs ever rly.
  30. The actual hook "Don't tell me its over" is ridiculously catchy and so dramatic and why i wanted the song so bad in the first place and how there's that pounding chord at the end of the song as she sings "in the light you're SOOOOOOOOO beautiful" god bless
  31. "Men'll like a woman who JUST DONT NEED EM" in the DEMO of motel 6 is another amazing moment
  32. "I can't call him up" in Trash (Demo)/The Man I love ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( :~) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) is the whole reason I made The Man I Love so it has to be on this ridiculously long list
  33. In the version of On Our Way with the webcam vocals she sings "You tell me not to worry, worry, worry, because you're the boss" and it's honeslty one of the most beautiful things ever I wish it was in the final version
  34. The chord progression of Driving In Cars with Boys always brightens my day
  35. The prechoruses in Kinda Outta Luck >>>
  36. I think it's the guitar in Dum Dum?? Idk but it plays something sonically stunning
  37. The line "love me like your best friends did" seems so sad? And idk whether lyrically it should be so I'm p certain it's a musical thing, i think it's the way her voice inclines in pitch on the word "did"
  38. The chorus of ghetto baby "BROOKLYN MOVE MY SOUL LIKE THIS" is RIDICULOUSLY catchy like, who the hell writes songs like that??
  39. Summer of Sam is a rly cute song, I love the radio-like sound/filter idk on her voice, and there's this gr8 synth in the chorus :~) idk its just a super fun song i love it
  40. C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-CAR in Is It Wrong?  :creepna:
  41. I love the outro of Butterflies Part 2 the strings the shouting of "sicko! psycho!" it's just a lovely song despite it's...........questionable lyrics

And i THINK that's everythin

I suppose this thread was "best" tho so if I'd have 2 choose my favourite moment it'd be

ummmm #29

Yes definitely #29 the "no no no no no no no no/don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't" thing was fucked up in the best way possible

It fucked me up in the best way possible

i have a tumblr right

here.

I'm going to SATURATE this thread when I get home.

While I'm on mobile right now, I'll contribute this.

I don't really care for "Delicious", but I really can't help but love one moment.

After she says "Let's discuss this, I'm delicious", that little breath she takes before saying "delicious" again. I imagine she's like, taking a drag from a cigarette.

No it's the sound after she's finished sucking my

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

"Am I glamorous, tell me am I glamorous" in without you. Also "Can you picture this, babe the life we could have lived" the way her voice sounds when she sings that live ;alsfkja

In Y&B orchestral version when the bridge starts (dear lord...), the orchestra sounds amazing + lana's voice, I get chills every time.

In dark paradise demo, the one that sounds completely different from the album version, the part where she says "i got the stuff TO TAKE you higher" the way she says TO TAKE i'm just i can't even explain

everything about live versions of summertime sadness. when she sings "i got that summertime summertime saDNess" the way she emphasizes the dn part of it. also when she sings "OH MY GOD" and "kiss me hard before you go oooooh summertime sadness" the oooooh she started doing on paradise tour ---------> here   2:04 i can't get enough of it

in brite lites, "i'm waving on the silver screen" part makes me laugh every time because i can't help but think about the music video...

in blue jeans, when the bridge starts and her voice gets super low

in video games, this version in particular, the piano on the last chorus, when she sings "i tell you all the time" gives me goosebumps just thinking about it

in born to die, when she does the "aaaah aaah aah" at the end when she sings it live 

in TRASH the part where she says "he said, lana rey will you serve me lemonade and i said YES bill i will" the way she says YES makes me smile

oh god, also in burning desire, the pre choruses, where she's kind of whispering-singing like the "have to touch myself to pretend you're here" aksf;as'asg

sig3_2.png

Some of my favorite moments  (and the only ones you guys haven't already said) are from live performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPKIngu_eM

The way she changed up the chorus during National Anthem sometimes is AMAZING. Idek what she does but I love it. tell me I'm your naTIONAL ANTHEeEeEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebb3x0RUOn4

At about 5:11, that last high note she hits, but doesn't sing into the mic. Gets me everytime!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1x08sl1Te4

Probably one of my fav SS performances. The first time she says KISS me hard before you go and the band gets louder is great. And the way she sings I just wanted my baby to know that I think he's the best, YES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwL7f57cDJY

The first few times when she says I have never ever loved nobody but yououou SLAYS me. And of course that whole talking part is amazing!

:defeated: :defeated: :defeated: I really NEED to see her live :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

1. national anthem's bridge   :bodyisready:

2. hundred dollar bill's bridge

3. every man gets his wish's bridge

4. JFK's bridge (i only listen to it for that part)  :defeated:

5. hollywood's bridge 

6. the way she sings "don't tell me it's over" in hollywood's dead

7. basically, the verses of beautiful player

8. born to die - "lost but now i am found"

9. the way she sings "oh, what can I do?" in black beauty 

10. noir - "may all the stars in the sky bow down to you"

11. the live version of MDM @ 2:14. it's just so beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj4Ays1Cmew 

12. basically the whole off to the races  :icant:  :icant: