Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

The kettle whistle right as the Born To Die chorus kicks in. Amazing. Also, "like i told you honey" line.

The string outro to Off To The Races.

The last minute of Yayo from her Nevada album. Even though it's not my fav song from the album, it is the best produced thing on it. The inflictions in the music near the end is subtle but really incredible.

"Savior-AH!" in Kinda Outta Luck.

The last minute of Hundred Dollar Bill when she's just ad libbing all "oh ah oh ah oooooh, yeah yeah he yeah yeah" ect.

This Is What Makes Us Girls, album version, the hip hop outro, dayum!

This Is What Makes Us Girls, demo version, the outro where she continues singing them ad libs till the song fades, wish that was kept on the album version over the hip hop beat.

National Anthem, the whole bridge! "dark and lonely i need somebody to hold me!!!!!"

Without You, the whole bridge and the way the beat changes!

Pawn Shop Blues, right before the song ends, those couple of high pitched guitar strings that finish off the track. Such a tiny moment, but i love it.

Velvet Crowbar, the way she sings the chorus, especially the line 'you're like crack to me". She also sings the chorus twice in a row each time, on the the second time she sings it a bit harder and her voice sounds slightly raspy, love that.

Dark Paradise. The string intro, so beautiful, then with her vocals coming in and soon the heavy bass beat, oh wow!

Summertime Sadness, "2, 3, 4, kiss me hard before you go"!

Million Dollar Man, when she does the bridge live and she's all "doooo da da oohowah wooowah he heeee", very jazzy, should have been in the album version.

there are so many, but lately i've been so addicted to off to the races. its like your tongue is literally galloping during the chorus. you have to read this with her voice and tempo in mind:

and he knows i'm wasted, facing, time-again-at-rikers,

island and-i-won't-get-out

god i'm so crazy, baby, i'm sorry that i'm-misbehavin

i'm your little scarlet, starlet, singin'-in-the-garden

kiss me on my open mouth, ready for you

AMAZING

ZRBNill.jpg

When she does the last chorus of Video Games live: "only worth living if somebody... is... loving YOUUUUUU... now you do."

The chorus to Off To The Races is perfect. The notes, the beat and Lana's high voice.

"Are you gonna be my soldier? Ate we gonna be Bonnie and Clyde?" I don't know but the melody is freaking amazing.

The fireworks in National Anthem.

The live string intro to Blue Jeans (I have a HQ version of it so I might put it in front of the real song)

Autotuned-loon at the start of Million Dollar Man

The coin sounds at the start of Hundred Dollar Bill

The intro to the Radio demo

If I can think of any more, I'll write them down.

"Are you gonna be my soldier? Ate we gonna be Bonnie and Clyde?" I don't know but the melody is freaking amazing.

Oh my God yes. This whole song is 100% ruining my life. I had this song on repeat for like 48 minutes the other night and I don't know why. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS KIND OF KITSCH I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Off To The Races - fumes says it feels like heaven to him

Bel Air - Don't be afraid of meeeEEeee

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any at the moment :P

20r46kx.jpg

When the chorus in Body Electric starts, and she sings "I sing the body electric" and the drums go like this:

DOM DOM DOM DOM DOM DOM DOM DOM

Just really fast. I have no idea if the drummer hits the drums eight times, but you get my point.

last.fm  

ok so I was thinking about this today and I don't know how to describe it or the instrument but i LIVE for this stuff:

at 0:03 .. it reminds me of a windmill for some reason. i just love that sound, whatever it is.

2:43-44.. I think that is a flute

the yeahyeahyeahyeahyaah sound at 1:50-1:51 makes this song worth listening to

and the trumpet (?) in the beginning of gramma and the strings in the album version of lolita.. amazing

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

What a great thread, can't believe I'd missed it. The problem is that it's dangerous for me to start thinking about these sort of things because I tend to get so obsessed.. Had to stop myself after 4.5 h of straight listening to favorite musical moments, as my life beside Lana Del Rey suddenly called for attention.

Anyway, here are my (at the moment, at least) top 20 Lana Del Rey musical moments:

The falsetto and the electric guitar outro in Cola.

The demo for Radio, after the bridge at the final chorus, where it starts at 2:39 is so uplifting to me. Beautiful.

The silence after "I'm waving on the trampoline" and the slight explosion after the following "I'm waving on the silver screen" in Brite Lites.

The part in the bridge of Carmen where she sings:

Tying cherry knots

Smiling, doing party favours

Put your red dress on, put your lipstick on

Sing your song, song, now the camera's on

And your alive again

"You're sickeningly beautiful"

2:14-2:29 in Fordham Road - "Cause that's when all the stars come out"

"Nooo, I wouldn't do a thing like that, that's for sure". The way she sings this cracks me up every time.

The 2nd time she sings "Keep out the stars, turn out the lights, this little world is yours tonight" in Smarty.

Dark Paradise:

"And there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melody

It wont leave my head"

The echoing (not really but you know what I mean) "like you" in My Best Days

The little piano after the "mmmm" in every Kill Kill chorus.

The way she sings in 1949 between "Daddy dearest" at 0:26 and 0:50. Don't know why but that part really kills me.

The guitar after "Baby now you do" in the 2nd chorus of the Video Games demo.

"Not of this woooooorld" and "I have a disco ball mind, lights flashing all of the time, i have a disco ball mind, I wanna die I wanna die, I wanna die I wanna die, oooh..." in the amazing Pin Up Galore.

The 2nd verse of Video Games

All 7 "lights, camera, accion" in Put Me In A Movie, and the way she uses different emotions/atmospheres in at least 5 of them

The 2nd half of the 2nd verse in MDM when she sings:

It isn't that hard boy

To like you or love you

I'd follow you down, down, down

You're unbelievable

If you're going crazy

Just grab me and take me

I'd follow you down, down, down

Anywhere, anywhere

Every angry, desperate scream in Noir.

Pawn Shop Blues, right before the song ends, those couple of high pitched guitar strings that finish off the track. Such a tiny moment, but i love it.

^This, and:

In the name of higher consciousness

I let the best man I knew go

'Cause it's nice to love and be loved

But it's better to know all you can know

Said it's nice to love and be loved

But I'd rather know what God knows

Well, no surprise here. If I tell you that this moment contains the words "Heaven", "Tunnel", "Yellow lights" and "Dark night", I think that one or maybe two of you catch my drift :brows:

I hope that at least someone has the energy to read and consider this list, since it took FAR to long to finish it :D

at 0:03 .. it reminds me of a windmill for some reason. i just love that sound, whatever it is.

I think what you're referring to is what I call "boiling tea kettle", a close cousin of "auto-tuned loon". They alternate under the chorus on the album version of MDM.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.