6 - LOLITA (DEMO II)

7 - MAHA MAHA (V1)

8 - CATCH & RELEASE

9 - YOUR BAND IS ALL THE RAGE

10 - COME WHEN YOU CALL ME (V2)

11 - STRANGE LOVE

12 - MOTEL SIX

13 - YOU'RE GONNA LOVE ME

@@SitarHero, any way I can convince you to post ALL of your volumes of Lana's discography? I'm interested in how everything was organized too

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I'll spoiler this but if you have any interest in how my entire Lana Del Rey unreleased collection (apart from instrumentals and album demos, trust that they're just as cute though) looks, here we are:

JSTLvES.png

yMR4N2D.png

wpcDd0O.png

aDUDuGS.png

nu9XQdb.png

vBiTNGP.png

HKBrziI.png

gXgWESI.png

6EmtIhI.png

tRHmjP4.png

Ideas for shortening volume 2 are welcome but perhaps futile because we will only get more leaks.

@@maru this happened but it's only slightly out-of-date :beyonce:

Well, I think I've finally perfected TRASH :oprah: You guys should totally listen to it b/c it's so cohesive and perfect IMO (srynotsry)  :oprah: [see: original tracklist and the edited version.]

TRASH

iJs73shqPHhut.png

bwdUH4g.png

Explanation:

So, I'm gonna go in order here, and sometimes touch on songs that were originally there:

1. Trash - it's obviously the main theme here, and I find it somewhat representational of the whole playlist, kind of what I believe Kill Kill does for LDRAKALG. It's the song I worked most of the playlist off of.

2. Lolita (Demo 1) - this song is here to mirror QOTGS in the sense that it's just a generally fun song, but more importantly, it supports the original theme of the playlist in which this make-believe 'album' came before BTD - Lolita (Demo 1) is supposed to bridge TRASH to Born To Die.

3. Disco - it's here to mirror OSCYS in that it's a slow, acoustic song with calm, drawn-out lyrics. I think this is the perfect mirror to OSCYS.

4. Heavy Hitter v2 - Okay, not gonna lie, it doesn't really mirror Gramma that much now that's it been changed to Heavy Hitter from Hawaiian Tropic, but it serves the playlist nicely and helps it flow nicely.

5. Boarding School - most people probably won't see how this mirrors FKP2, and I can't really it explain it, but I do love that it has witty lyrics which FKP2 also has, IMO. The song also supports the 'Lizzy surf vibes' the playlist is supposed to show (well, I seem to be the only one who thinks it has surf vibes. It makes me think of Santa Monica and the boardwalk, lol. :hooker: .

6. Catch 'N Release - This answers nicely to Jump, simply because of how crazy it is. Jump isn't nearly as crazy on the surface, but the lyrics definitely are. Also, it's a Princess Superstar track and I wanted all of them in this playlist [which, can explain the rest of PS' tracks popping up on here].

7. Maha Maha v1 - I love this in lieu of Mermaid Motel because they are both 'freak shows of songs' IMO.

8. Motel 6 - a fun song to mirror Raise Me Up. I wanted the acoustic song after Maha Maha originally, but a more upbeat song mirrors LDRAKALG better.

9. Fordham Road - to mirror Pawn Shop Blues, of course. I originally had Disco and Fordham Road switched, but Disco represents OSCYS way better while Fordham Road does for PSB, for the reasons I listed for Disco, and how Fordham Road stays true to a more blatant acoustic song with 'true' lyrics.

10. Moi Je Joue - I don't know, nothing more than a mirror to Brite Lites, really. I've always found Brite Lites meaningless other than the meaning of 'fame', and to me, MJJ has that theme too.

11. Golden Grill - it's here because I found it fits TBH (lel). Not intended to be apart of mirroring AKA.

12. Pin Up Galore - to mirror PMIAM with underlying meanings and sultry vocals.

13. Behind Closed Doors - nothing more than to answer the craziness of Smarty.

14. My Best Days - also not here to mirror AKA, but I found it works really nicely to lead into track 15, because Hawaiian Tropic is fully reminiscent, while My Best Days is still wishing 'for those times'.

15. Hawaiian Tropic - obviously a good closer for a surf playlist. To me, it mirrors Yayo, as Yayo thematically encompasses AKA with trailer park vibes while Hawaiian Tropic encompasses TRASH with surf vibes. It ends on a reminiscent note that wraps it up nicely.

Cover by beeeemooo :hooker:

Enjoy, and let me know what ya'll think :kris:

*summoning @@PrettyBaby for thoughts again*

Guest Dot

I made a playlist called "TROPICO". It's basically an extended version of the Paradise EP, but it follows the theme of Tropico (Loss and regain of innocence) and it flows very, very well. You should give it a try! ;)

Tropicofrof4ff.png

Tropicobac7eed.png

1. Ride

2. American

3. JFK

4. Cola

5. Body Electric

8. Hollywood

7. Burning Desire

8. Yayo

9. You & Me

10. Gods & Monsters

11. Starry Eyed

12. Blue Velvet

13. Young & Beautiful

14. Bel Air

Bonus Track:

15. TV in Black & White

Eventhough TVIB&W and You & Me are not Paradise outtakes they go along along with the other album tracks fairly well, especially the latter one. I added TVIB&W as a "bonus track" cause some of you might disagree with my inclusion of it. Bel Air is the perfect album ender, but I think TV adds a little more meaning to it as well. It's kind of like a Thank You to "THAT GUY" saying: "I know you've been a bad guy, I love you you anyway, thanks for making me who I am today." , you know? You might have to cut the first ten seconds of silence at the beginning of Starry Eyed and the last 6 seconds of silence at the end of Burning Desire to make it flow better.

I've been listening to this playlist a lot recently. I called it TROPICO ( lazy name, I know) and it is basically Paradise Ep mixed up with radio version and a few leaked songs. It is what I think Paradise would have sounded like if it was released as an whole album

Dark Paradise - Radio Mix

Body Electric

Summertime Sadness - Radio Mix

You & Me

Cola

Gods & Monsters

Bel Air

Angels Forever

Black Beauty

Ride

Here's a playlist I made of what I feel is Lana's most rock-oriented unreleased songs.

LasVegasChaos_zps8443dabf.jpg

Las Vegas Chaos:

1. Lolita (demo 2)

2. Kinda Outta Luck

3. Jump (demo)

4. Velvet Crowbar

5. Us Against the World

6. Daytona Meth

7. Brite Lites (demo)

8. True Love on the Side

9. Pin Up Galore

10. Is It Wrong?

11. Tired of Singing the Blues

12. Get Drunk

13. Find My Own Way

14. Jimmy Gnecco

15. Yayo (acoustic demo)

16. On Our Way

17. Queen of the Gas Station (acoustic demo)

18. Rehab (For K Part 2 demo)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Trailer Park Magic

1. Paris

2. On Our Way

3. Paradise

4. Ooh Baby (Are You Ready?)
5. Us Against the World

6. Lucky Ones (Demo)

7. Young & Beautiful (Demo)

8. Never Let Me Go

9. Back to tha Basics

10. Starry Eyed

11. Butterflies

12. Breaking My Heart

13. Backfire

14. Break My Fall

15. Dark Paradise (Demo II)

16. My Best Days

17. TV in Black & White

18. Afraid
19. Damn You

20. Without You (Demo I)

:D?

Hypothetical, uh... extension/re-issue of Paradise. Had some fun with the titles; don't flip your shit. :P

TROPICO

01. PUSSY (cola w/ song of myself intro)

02. TWO HOURS TO NEVADA (yayo)

03. INNOCENCE LOST (gods & monsters)

04. DRIVE (burning desire)

05. ONE DAY (hollywood)

06. MARY PRAYS THE ROSARY (body electric)

07. ROSES (bel air)

08. AFFA (angels forever, forever angels)

09. WAR IN MY MIND (ride)

10. LIE BACK (starry eyed)

11. RAPTURE (blue velvet)

12. YOUNG, DOPE, PROUD (american)

13. WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME (young & beautiful)

14. YOU'VE GOT A WAY (jfk)

15. TONIGHT (i don't wanna go)

16. WHAT CAN I DO (black beauty)

Lana meets the man of her dreams, but he passes before she can make a move on him... and then she finds someone else, but he scorns her in short order. :ohno:

I'd like to think that if Lana ever made an album mirroring her take on how the US has treated her thus far, this would be it. :toofunny:

rihKQ8M.gif

Not sure if this is right place to ask the question,  but I don't want to make new topic just for my silly question.

Do you guys know any fan-made Lana mixtapes like the Die for Me one?

I need more Lana magic on my mp4 player, but I'm too lazy to create my own playlist.... and it doesn't have enough space to carry all the unreleased songs.

Any help would be appreciated :kiss:

i am nothing and should be everything

Not sure if this is right place to ask the question,  but I don't want to make new topic just for my silly question.

Do you guys know any fan-made Lana mixtapes like the Die for Me one?

I need more Lana magic on my mp4 player, but I'm too lazy to create my own playlist.... and it doesn't have enough space to carry all the unreleased songs.

Any help would be appreciated :kiss:

Moy made a bunch. I think "Unreleased, Vol. V" may still be online somewhere.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Guest Dot

I liked @@keanefar's idea of mirroring albums so instead of being helpful I did that for all of them :oic:

LANA DEL RAY PT. 2

1. The Man I Love (in lieu of Kill Kill)
  2. Trash Magic (in lieu of QOTGS)
  3. Dance Man (in lieu of OSCYS)
  4. Heavy Hitter (in lieu of Gramma)
  5. Golden Grill (in lieu of For K Part 2)
  6. Hey Lolita Hey (in lieu of Jump)
  7. Maha Maha (in lieu of Mermaid Motel)
  8. Catch and Release (in lieu of Raise Me Up)
  9. Hawaiian Tropic (in lieu of Pawn Shop Blues)
  10. Come When You Call Me A.M.E.R.I.C.A. (in lieu of Brite Lites)
  11. Strange Love (in lieu of PMIAM)
  12. Motel 6 (in lieu of Smarty)
  13. Every Man Has His Wish (in lieu of Yayo)

BORN TO DIE PT. 2

1. Last Girl on Earth (ilo Born to Die)
  2. Us Against the World (ilo OTTR)
  3. Backfire (ilo Blue Jeans)
  4. Afraid (ilo Video Games)
  5. You Can Be the Boss (ilo DMD)
  6. Dangerous Girl (ilo National Anthem)
  7. You & Me (ilo Dark Paradise)
  8. Hollywood's Dead (ilo Radio)
  9. Children of the Bad Revolution (ilo Carmen)
  10. Breaking My Heart (ilo MDM)
  11. Television Heaven (ilo Summertime Sadness)
  12. Driving in Cars With Boys (ilo TIWMUG)
  13. TV in Black & White (ilo Without You)
  14. Oooh Baby (ilo Lolita)
  15. On Our Way (ilo Lucky Ones)

PARADISE PT. 2

1. Angels Forever, Forever Angels (ilo Ride)
  2. JFK (ilo American)
  3. Playing Dangerous (ilo Cola)
  4. I Don't Wanna Go (ilo Body Electric)
  5. Chelsea Hotel No. 2 (ilo Blue Velvet)
  6. Serial Killer (ilo G&M)
  7. Black Beauty (ilo Yayo)
  8. Young & Beautiful (ilo Bel Air)
  9. Hollywood (ilo Burning Desire)

I really love this idea and decided to do something similar.

I thought about giving each Lana album it's exact counterpart. For example: Born to Die is very nostalgic and pretty much about her looking back on her past lover(s), so the logical counterpart would be the same story only in the present, if that makes sense.

I've started with AKA and renamed it to "Nevada". I called the counterpart "Florida Dark", as I think it represents the complete opposite of Nevada. Nevada on one hand is more laidback, and less-energetic and Florida Dark has that surf-noir, crazy, party girl type of sound. (That's basically the definition of vintage Florida) Dark, mysterious, melancholic, yet light-hearted and fun at some point.

The covers I designed are also the complete opposite of each other:

Nevada8024.png

1. Kill Kill

2. Queen of the Gas Station

3. Oh Say Can You See

4. Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)

5. For K, Part 2

6. Jump

7. Mermaid Motel

8. Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)

9. Pawn Shop Blues

10. Brite Lites

11. Put Me in a Movie

12. Smarty

13. Yayo

Front241c.png

1. Florida Dark (The Man I Love)

2. Kinda Outta Luck

3. Come When You Call Me (A.M.E.R.I.C.A.)

4. Playing Dangerous

5. Hundred Dollar Bill (Demo)

6. Push Me Down

7. Heavy Hitter

8. Golden Grill

9. Catch and Release

10. Party Girl

11. Maha Maha

12. Hawaiian Tropic

13. Trash Magic (Miss America)

I'm gonna do one for Born to Die and Paradise next ;)

I really love this idea and decided to do something similar.

I thought about giving each Lana album it's exact counterpart. For example: Born to Die is very nostalgic and pretty much about her looking back on her past lover(s), so the logical counterpart would be the same story only in the present, if that makes sense.

I've started with AKA and renamed it to "Nevada". I called the counterpart "Florida Dark", as I think it represents the complete opposite of Nevada. Nevada on one hand is more laidback, and less-energetic and Florida Dark has that surf-noir, crazy, party girl type of sound. (That's basically the definition of vintage Florida) Dark, mysterious, melancholic, yet light-hearted and fun at some point.

The covers I designed are also the complete opposite of each other:

Nevada8024.png

1. Kill Kill

2. Queen of the Gas Station

3. Oh Say Can You See

4. Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)

5. For K, Part 2

6. Jump

7. Mermaid Motel

8. Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)

9. Pawn Shop Blues

10. Brite Lites

11. Put Me in a Movie

12. Smarty

13. Yayo

Front241c.png

1. Florida Dark (The Man I Love)

2. Kinda Outta Luck

3. Come When You Call Me (A.M.E.R.I.C.A.)

4. Playing Dangerous

5. Hundred Dollar Bill (Demo)

6. Push Me Down

7. Heavy Hitter

8. Golden Grill

9. Catch and Release

10. Party Girl

11. Maha Maha

12. Hawaiian Tropic

13. Trash Magic (Miss America)

I'm gonna do one for Born to Die and Paradise next ;)

LOVE this.

Also your set is amazing. Cruel Intentions <3

This playlist is about a crazy Lana, the psycho bitch we all like :creepna:

1. Pin Up Galore

2. Catch and Release

3. Maha Maha

4. Daytona Meth

5. Noir

6. Kinda Outta Luck

7. Serial Killer

8. Playing Dangerous 

9. Blue Velvet

10. Strange

11. You & Me

You can add Bel Air at the end and/or place You & Me by it, Body Electric could also fit as the opener instead of Pin Up Galore. You can also remove Serial Killer which doesn't fit very well sonically.

So basically Lana tells us how much of a crazy bitch she is, that she's from a different world, maybe it's just a stage character she invented. With Noir, she totally goes crazy gangsta bitch, her boyfriend leaves her and she sings about commiting crimes. She lives through that persona she created in her mind, though she doesn't live that lifestyle (or maybe she does :creepna: ).  Kinda Outta Luck, Serial Killer and Playing Dangerous represent that violence. I like it that Kinda Outta Luck and Serial Killer are more upbeat. The different tones of the songs represent the different level of craziness she goes through.
Blue Velvet for those who wached the movie can understand how it reflects craziness, too. Sonically it is a nice transition. With Strange and You & Me she calms down but you can still see this underlying disturbed girl. 
Bel Air can be the end for it, with Tropico we saw that she left with the aliens and found peace. :creepna:

The next playlist could be called Whole World's Girl or Miss America.
I wanted to gather Gas Station and Driving in Car With Boys together, young Lana on the road with no fixed lover.

1. Raise me Up (Demo)
2. Driving in Car With Boys (Demo 1)
3. Mermaid Hotel
4. Queen of the Gas Station (Demo 2)
5. Let My Hair Down
6. Motel 6
7. Come When You Call Me America
8. For K Part 2

It start with our little Lizzy rebelling against her family and leaving with a boy "Just like you said, it's all been done before, I don't have to talk pretty for them no more. I can talk what I want how I wanna, I don't have to talk taste for you mama"
Her journey with the boys she randomly meets starts, with description of her road trip and moments of intimacy (Let My Hair Down, Mermaid Hotel, ...)
It ends finally with her meeting K and being dazzled by him. She knows from the beginning something special is coming which signs the end of her journey with random boys.
I didn't want the playlist to have somehow negative undertones but as an alternative ending you can replace For K Part 2 by Ride and American. 

SCARFACE2371.png

I haven't posted a new playlist in SO long, but as many of you know, one of my favorite things about Lana's music is fan's ability to make really amazing playlists that go on a journey- sonically, musically, cinematically, etc. So, here's the playlist I've just made since Tropico. It's a long one- a megaplaylist if you will. It's not necessarily meant to be heard all the way through, but it does flow really well if I may say so myself while showing off many sides of Lana's writing and sonic development.

TROPICO PARADISE PLAYLIST

1. Blue Velvet
2. Born to Die

3. Blue Jeans

4. Burning Desire

5. Without You

6. Young and Beautiful

7. This Is What Makes Us Girls

8. Genesis 1:2/Intro (Tropico) 
9. Radio

10. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

11. Paradise Lost (Tropico LA Monologue) 

12. Juicy Lolita (Biggie/Lana Mashup)
13. Lolita (Original Demo)

14. Driving In Cars With Boys 
15. Lucky Ones

16. American

17. America- Why I Love Her (Tropico) 

18. Bel Air (Extended Tropico Version)

19. Video Games 

20. Black Beauty

21. Dark Paradise (Demo Version)

22. National Anthem (Full Video Version)

23. Young and Beautiful (DH Orchestra Version)

24. I Sing the Body Electric (Tropico)

25. Body Electric 

26. Lolita

27. Dark Paradise

28. Hollywood

29. You Can Be the Boss

30. Diet Mountain Dew (Demo)

31. Hundred Dollar Bill

32. My Bitch (Ft. ASAP Rocky)

33. Dayglo Reflection (Ft. Lana Del Rey)
34. Gods and Monsters

35. Diet Mountain Dew

36. Unbelievable Man (Biggie/Lana)

37. Bel Air 
38. Yayo (LDR Version)

39. Summer Wine (Ft. Barrie Jame O'Nielle) 

40. Mermaid Motel

41. Lolita (Jazz Version)

42. Tropico (Score)

43. Off to the Races

44. Cola (Song of Myself intro)

45. Summertime Sadness (Extended German Radio Edit)

46. Ride 

47. Oh Say Can You See

48. I Don't Want to Go

49. Yayo

50. Carmen (Live Radio 1)

51. Goodbye Kiss 

52. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

53. Jimmy Necco

54. Pretty Baby

55. Get Drunk

56. My Momma

57. Bad Disease

58. For K (Part 1)

59. For K (Part 2)

60. Pawn Shop Blues

61. Million Dollar Man

62. Hollywood's Dead

Guest Dot

Playlists are very personal and imo there's no right or wrong way to do them. They simply reveal how we like to group songs together when we listen to them. Please share yours!

Personally, I'm obsessed with tweaking my unreleased playlists. Here's the latest edition of my "surf noir" playlist, in which I've tried to recreate/continue the feeing of "AKA Lizzy Grant." (I've finally given this playlist an actual name, beyond that of a rock subgenre :P)

Florida Dark

1. Heavy Hitter

2. Dum Dum ("version 1")

3. Come When You Call Me (A-M-E-R-I-C-A)

4. You Can Be the Boss

5. (Interlude) She Walks Into Mine

6. Jimmy Gnecco

7. Every Man Gets His Wish

8. Trash Magic (Miss America)

9. Fordham Road

10. Kinda Outta Luck

11. The Man I Love (fan mix)

12. Disco

13. Hundred Dollar Bill (1.0)

14. Pin Up Galore

15. You're Gonna Love Me

16. Daddy Issues

17. On Our Way

(HunterAshlyn, if you don't share your "No One Even Knows How Hard Life Was" playlist, I will! Unless you don't want me to. I still listen to it sometimes.)

OMG LOL I literally just saw this...