PrettyBaby

Create an Unreleased Lana Album/Playlist

Is it the AKA b-sides? The only others that were once freely mixed in the volumes were the Nowels tracks which...idk are very much so Paradise era and I have trouble thinking of them as "a bunch of random unreleased stuff" bc they're so much later than everything else :toofunny: Whereas I think including KOL etc in BTD b-sides would ruin the volumes because they're more unreleased to me than outtakes. Like really, you think KOL makes more sense to be separated than Starry Eyed and JFK?? Basically we're thinking completely opposite here lel

Okay being totally honest I just looked through the albums again and they literally grew on me overnight, no joke. I think sometimes I have just have to get used to new arrangement of songs. However, my remaining complaint at this point is to add stuff to the BTD b-sides. And yeah I really associate KOL with BTD bc she performed it live at the time I guess. I agree with @@Trash Magic too, add "Ridin'".

and now you have Prisoner to add to Honeymoon B-Sides. 3 B-sides for the album and it've not even out yet :teehee:

Did I miss something?? What is "Prisoner"

EDIT: OMG I FIGURED IT OUT WIKENWKKSA

H0bDaqU.gif

I think you should totally add My Bitch with A$AP Rocky and Spender to Born To Die B-Sides. Maybe even Chet Baker and Gloria

and now you have Prisoner to add to Honeymoon B-Sides. 3 B-sides for the album and it've not even out yet  :teehee:

I was considering both those collabs but like...then Daddy Issues would only have 14 songs :noparty: And Ridin/My Bitch sounds amazing after MMIH. And weren't the Mando Diao songs recorded in 2010? Been debating whether or not to add live covers to the b-sides but I feel like they'll mess things up

But yasss Honeymoon is alive and breathing

msi86qa.png

Okay being totally honest I just looked through the albums again and they literally grew on me overnight, no joke. I think sometimes I have just have to get used to new arrangement of songs. However, my remaining complaint at this point is to add stuff to the BTD b-sides. And yeah I really associate KOL with BTD bc she performed it live at the time I guess. I agree with @@Trash Magic too, add "Ridin'".

Everyone realizes I'm right eventually :slayty:

Also definitively switched to Trash's Vulgar Darling and Velvet Crowbar covers. Still feel like VC tracklisting needs some tweaks but I've warmed to the title. Soft but hard.

How controversial would it be to make Chelsea Hotel No. 2 an Ultraviolence b-side? Like it came out well before Tropico which is sort of the end of the Paradise era...But it fits and she performed it on the tour for UV

How controversial would it be to make Chelsea Hotel No. 2 an Ultraviolence b-side? Like it came out well before Tropico which is sort of the end of the Paradise era...But it fits and she performed it on the tour for UV

disgusting idea

ive kept all the b sides album's but retitled them cause I don't like the thought of b sides with Lana. so LDR -> No Kung EP, Paradise -> Tropico and UV -> Big Eyes (i really wanna call it Melancholia but there's no album artwork anywhere for it). i also shoved in some Tropico monologues into the Tropico EP, it actually works really well!

after second thoughts, Velvet Crowbar feels a LOT more album-like now, instead of just a compilation of unreleased songs. but where did you put all your monologues (eg Ride, I Sing The Body Electric)?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I think I'm satisfied with these track orders.

Anyway, I made B-sides albums bc it always felt sort of wrong putting the Paradise Rick Nowels leaks + AFFA in with all these 2010/11 songs. No particular love for these track orders but the options are obv limited so really just customize to your fancy here

v6ZQ03v.png

^Pre-2009, essentially POTENTIAL AKA demos (based on No Kung Fu, studio session leaks)

ytoBEyF.png

^Not particularly hot on either of these covers tbh, they don't match my demos covers enough...Hopefully will remedy soon

kDVhHpV.png

IV9TDpC.png

^Idk whether or not I'll eventually make Big Eyes and I Can Fly Honeymoon b-sides...

And considering all the tracks I moved to b-side status and the fact that we'll probably never have another old leak that isn't a laptop demo, I came up with 4 concise 16-song albums plus 2009 Lizzy era, choosing to organize based more on cohesive sound than "mood" like my old volumes--so they read more as albums

dFvbUzK.png

^With the new Strange Love...this volume is my crown jewel tbqh. Inspiration for giving other albums more of an "album feel" w/ variety

zCsNiy1.png

^Sweet, nostaglic, lots of Lana "classics"

6e7hvEl.png

^Bad bitch

V4RJWEF.png

^Don't particularly care for an album called "Velvet Crowbar" but idk what else to do...considering retitling to "The Revenge of Lana Del Rey." Basically my emo "Black Leather Moonlight" album but with more of an edge

4MxyUvE.png

^Still the essential pure pop wtf-were-you-thinking-Lana album

9n4CbMg.png

^Minus AKA b-sides

0yErQdV.png

^Same, and infinitely expanding

Thoughts? :ohno: @@PrettyBaby @@National Anthem @

Loving the albums. Not sure how I feel about the B-sides ... AKA B-sides seems to be stealing from South Beach Swing. But there's enough material for two, so I'm okay with it ...To make a BTD B-sides meaningful I really think you need to either raid the unreleased albums or combine it with Paradise B-sides. Agree on including Ridin' and Spender.

I could see Chelsea Hotel on UV B-sides.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

@@SitarHero Your influence is real look what I did!

W8z8Ibe.png

Actually I've had all of those songs as "disc 2" of Sirens for a long time but this makes so much more sense to me. This will probably prompt me towards more Lana b-sides albums in the future ugh

Using your old cover, @@Trash Magic, have you made any other Sirens covers since this one?

H0bDaqU.gif

W8z8Ibe.png

Actually I've had all of those songs as "disc 2" of Sirens for a long time but this makes so much more sense to me. This will probably prompt me towards more Lana b-sides albums in the future ugh

Using your old cover, @@Trash Magic, have you made any other Sirens covers since this one?

I forgot about that one. This one

tumblr_ndeer55exu1qftigpo1_r1_1280.png

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

disgusting idea

ive kept all the b sides album's but retitled them cause I don't like the thought of b sides with Lana. so LDR -> No Kung EP, Paradise -> Tropico and UV -> Big Eyes (i really wanna call it Melancholia but there's no album artwork anywhere for it). i also shoved in some Tropico monologues into the Tropico EP, it actually works really well!

after second thoughts, Velvet Crowbar feels a LOT more album-like now, instead of just a compilation of unreleased songs. but where did you put all your monologues (eg Ride, I Sing The Body Electric)?

Hmmm I like that. But for the sake of continuity with every other artist in my library I'm staying b-sides

yasss I sorta improved VC too imo. The Endless Summer tour inspired me to associate SK and UATW and they sound p good next to each other

ixLsISf.png

I actually deleted the monologues bc I figured separating them from the music vid they're associated with was pretty weird anyway...The controversy never ends :derpna2: Maybe I'll add them to b-sides

Loving the albums. Not sure how I feel about the B-sides ... AKA B-sides seems to be stealing from South Beach Swing. But there's enough material for two, so I'm okay with it ...To make a BTD B-sides meaningful I really think you need to either raid the unreleased albums or combine it with Paradise B-sides. Agree on including Ridin' and Spender.

I could see Chelsea Hotel on UV B-sides.

I wanted to differentiate the produced/quirky Lizzy era from the acoustic/organic Lizzy era

Okay how's this for BTD b-sides guys?

3cdhvZX.png

Time to revise @@SitarHero  :slayty:

Pfft forthcoming. Luckily it just involves Waimea getting added to South Beach Swing and the rest going to the laptop albums

W8z8Ibe.png

I've considered this but I can't bring myself to undo tracklists officially made be Lana :xcry:

I've considered this but I can't bring myself to undo tracklists officially made be Lana :xcry:

So do you have duplicates of the May Jailer songs to keep the EPs and Sirens in tact? Otherwise I don't see why not to make them a b-sides album, it's a mess anyway

also why a "Hollywood's Dead" snippet???

H0bDaqU.gif

I think I'm satisfied with these track orders.

Anyway, I made B-sides albums bc it always felt sort of wrong putting the Paradise Rick Nowels leaks + AFFA in with all these 2010/11 songs. No particular love for these track orders but the options are obv limited so really just customize to your fancy here

v6ZQ03v.png

^Pre-2009, essentially POTENTIAL AKA demos (based on No Kung Fu, studio session leaks)

ytoBEyF.png

^Not particularly hot on either of these covers tbh, they don't match my demos covers enough...Hopefully will remedy soon

kDVhHpV.png

IV9TDpC.png

^Idk whether or not I'll eventually make Big Eyes and I Can Fly Honeymoon b-sides...

And considering all the tracks I moved to b-side status and the fact that we'll probably never have another old leak that isn't a laptop demo, I came up with 4 concise 16-song albums plus 2009 Lizzy era, choosing to organize based more on cohesive sound than "mood" like my old volumes--so they read more as albums

dFvbUzK.png

^With the new Strange Love...this volume is my crown jewel tbqh. Inspiration for giving other albums more of an "album feel" w/ variety

zCsNiy1.png

^Sweet, nostaglic, lots of Lana "classics"

6e7hvEl.png

^Bad bitch

V4RJWEF.png

^Don't particularly care for an album called "Velvet Crowbar" but idk what else to do...considering retitling to "The Revenge of Lana Del Rey." Basically my emo "Black Leather Moonlight" album but with more of an edge

4MxyUvE.png

^Still the essential pure pop wtf-were-you-thinking-Lana album

9n4CbMg.png

^Minus AKA b-sides

0yErQdV.png

^Same, and infinitely expanding

Thoughts? :ohno: @@PrettyBaby @@National Anthem @

Could you please send me that Lana Del Ray aka Lizzy Grant B-Sides cover? Your organization is amazing!

HONEYMOON PLAYLIST 

I. DOOMED FROM THE START

1. Honeymoon

2. Salvatore

3. Religion

4. The Blackest Day

5. Terrence Loves You

II. TIMES ARE A-CHANGIN'

1.Burnt Norton (Interlude)

2. 24

III. GET UR FREAK ON

1. Freak

2. Music to Watch Boys To

3. High by the Beach

4. Art Deco

IV. LORD HAVE MERCY

1. God Knows I Tried

2. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

3. Swan Song

When it rains and you can hear and feel the sound, I like to listen to:

1. Bel Air

2. Yayo (Paradise Edition)

3. American

4. Burning Desire (especially in July-Ago... it's been the period when I listened to it for the first time and I can't forget it D:)

5. Million Dollar Man (Demo)

6. Oh Say Can You See

7. Pawn Shop Blues (not every time when it rains, but this song I think that can stay in every playlists)

I like to listen to especcialy the first 2 songs... u.u

All 5-stars :legend:

EDIT: Okay, I had to add two 4-star songs, but they're high fours. If these two good albums were combined into one masterpiece  :flutter: like this, it could ALMOST give Born to Die a run for its money ...all IMHO of course.

shades%20of%20blue_zps9lyfo6cb.png

(based on original artwork by musicphani)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png