Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Reach but it sounds like it's done imo. That's not surprising, except that she usually reveals the title in the midst of working on the record. This holding out! I just wonder if she has a release date behind the scenes or is it still like when Ultraviolence was "coming in May"

if those messages are legit, then Lana just gave us the name of the new album.

Patsy meets Roy meets Don meets Roy meets Patsy meets Lana

.Can I channel Jessica Lange?

If you know what I mean (and the radio played like a carnival tune as we lay in our bed in the other room and we gave it away for the sake of a dream in a penny arcade if you know what I mean

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

There's a video showing her going to the DM and scrolling up and stuff. It's real

Can you post the link?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The Weeknd era is so well executed. Single choice, promo singles, videos. All amazing. I hope she is capable of doing something similar. And I hope for some good features. 

yeah, starboy era is really great.

the power of interesting single choices and a snl performance....on top of that a video or two that are actually interesting and well executed = hit era

I really like the music too, im obsessed with the disco vibes 

I really like the music too, im obsessed with the disco vibes 

and the songs we have heard so far are all great. This makes me think of what a wasted opportunity HM was. If she only went with better single choices and more engaging visuals, it could have done so much better.

And bitch better bring Abel on her new album. Idk what's stopping her

and the songs we have heard so far are all great. This makes me think of what a wasted opportunity HM was. If she only went with better single choices and more engaging visuals, it could have done so much better.

And :) better bring Abel on her new album. Idk what's stopping her

since she was involved on Starboy a lot, I hope he's involved in her album. I really hope for A$AP Rocky though since shes been pretty obsessed with him this year  :defeated:  But I'm not getting my hopes up since she's never had a collab on her own album :noparty:

I'm so sad after watching The Weeknd's film just now.. he included lana's part of PM in the film and all I could think about was how Lana could've easily been in the video dancing/pointing fingers back and forth w/ abel... D':

Lana already did Currents...its called Honeysnore

Currents is excellent and not a snore, and as for Honeymoon that's your opinion.. but it isn't psychedelic at all like Currents.

The Weeknd era is so well executed. Single choice, promo singles, videos. All amazing. I hope she is capable of doing something similar. And I hope for some good features. 

We got that with Born To Die/Paradise... so of course she's capable, but it all boils down to how much she cares for the attention and exposure.. lol.