Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I'm just grasping at straws, I know, but a reasonably 'high budget' video with 'special effects' may suggest a surge of confidence from Lana's record label? Also the suggestion of more than one video being prepped. Based on not much more than conjecture, this could signal (possibly) a more commercial, radio-friendly sound?

Honestly, an album that suggests the sound of the 'untouchable 5' is pretty thrilling.

Btw, out of interest, does anyone know why they were dubbed 'untouchable'?

I think it was just that they were notorious for upsetting Lana when they all leaked

Does that mean stargirl is the transition from HM to LDR5 :creep: ? That would be pretty amazing...(prisoner sounded nothing like HM tho)

That depends because we don't know how much of the sound came from Lana vs the weeknd. I'm guessing it won't be similar to LDR5. It should at least tell us what her direction is lyrically I hope :angie:

Now you made me realize she didn't make any solo project songs (for like movies n stuff) in between HM and LDR5. So here's to LDR5 being more of a surprise compared to her previous albums giphy.gif

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

IMHO  "Is this happiness" was the conduit between Ultraviolence and Honeymoon

the moment one realizes no, it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be (and keeping in mind my opinion that Honeymoon is about Elizabeth vs. Lana and that nothing

at all in honeymoon is about any boy or love (see other 4 or 5 posts I wrote about that somewhere on this board)

also-

High By the Beach- must have cost a fortune, and was a high-production video (the helicopter effect alone)

random thought #513- 

I envision at some point Rachmaninoff #2 being used as it was in "Somewhere in time"

perhaps a remake video of that with Lana in the role reversal Christopher Reeve role

(for those too young to remember- after Wuthering Heights (Laurence Olivier), many people think Somewhere in time

was THE most romantic love story tearjerker of all time

(in a way, the video could be iconic like Kate Bush's Cloudbusting was)

and yes, there was a movie song-

The Daniel Johnston song

not to mention the 3 songs done with Weeknd including her new alter ego "Star Girl"

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Special FX uni students can do a basic car/helicopter explosion type of effect, its really not as complex as it may appear to be. Not sure HBTB would be classified as high budget really, the gun she uses was a nerf toy gun and the rest of the video is an empty apartment.

The fact that they hired jake nava for that cheap student film looking mess tho... that's the same man who directed crazy in love, if u seek amy, naughty girl, someone like you, single ladies and run by leona lewis. If i was ben or working at interscope i would have freaked out probably.

i76mrxw.png 

Honestly, an album that suggests the sound of the 'untouchable 5' is pretty thrilling.

Btw, out of interest, does anyone know why they were dubbed 'untouchable'?

It was speculated that Hollywood, JFK & Starry Eyed were leftover from Paradise and that AFFA was for UV (Since we knew BB was), so they were dubbed 'untouchable' because they were possibly upcoming songs.

The fact that they hired jake nava for that cheap student film looking mess tho... that's the same man who directed crazy in love, if u seek amy, naughty girl, someone like you, single ladies and run by leona lewis

And he is the one who directed Shades of Cool :deadbanana:

@@Amadeus

what antics?

Lana shows up, plays the allotted time (normally 75 minutes) is a rousing success and wins raves throughout the city its in

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It was speculated that Hollywood, JFK & Starry Eyed were leftover from Paradise and that AFFA was for UV (Since we knew BB was), so they were dubbed 'untouchable' because they were possibly upcoming songs.

Thank you :) It's strange to imagine an alternative timeline where these songs didn't leak and instead formed the basis for her BTD/P follow up. What might have been, and what has been...

Thank you :) It's strange to imagine an alternative timeline where these songs didn't leak and instead formed the basis for her BTD/P follow up. What might have been, and what has been...

It is very interesting!

Does anybody know if there's a general consensus for the years of these songs + Y&B demo and Fine China/Yes to Heaven

@graham obviously some festival will book her if she's up to it but I mean it's off putting for the festivals if they have a headliner that doesn't allow them to record or air any part of their performance. Considering we did get some radio and tv rips from the btd and paradise era it's kinda ironic how she doesn't allow it anymore now that she's commercially less successful than she was during btd but okay work girl.

i76mrxw.png 

Someone said about a more radio friendly album/single since apparently this new video is amazing and possibly high budget.

That statement does make sense as I'm guessing the label would be funding the video and probably would only give a high budget to something they see being successful so yeah maybe radio friendly Lana is coming

qsVmBMd.png

Someone said about a more radio friendly album/single since apparently this new video is amazing and possibly high budget.

That statement does make sense as I'm guessing the label would be funding the video and probably would only give a high budget to something they see being successful so yeah maybe radio friendly Lana is coming

I mean, radio friendly Lana has tried to come with HBTB, and we all know what a smash hit that was  :teehee:  but i agree, why would they be funding so much for a song that won't connect to more than just her current fans? I don't think she's going for radio friendly, but definitely some type of interesting sound. 

I just want to know how this video is/single sounds  :ohno:  :ohno:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif