Jack

Melanie Martinez

Just now, Pop The Balloons said:

Listen closely to the nucleus of creation snippet in the beginning, it's the same voice as at the end of fingers crossed 🤔 unless I'm just hearing things 

is that what i was thinking of earlier? :excited:

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

Honestly haven't listened to Melanie since like 2017 so what's the consensus on lanaboards for her best song(s) 

giving my 2 cents on this because as we're upon a new era, looking back on Melanie's existing catalogue, I think it's fair to say some songs do not hold up as well as they used to... like at all

2013:
Birthing Addicts the almost James Bond production is so cool
Curly Cue

CB:
Training Wheels

Pacify Her
Mrs. Potato Head
Mad Hatter
Cake

K-12:
Teacher's Pet
Fire Drill
nothing else really stands out to me on this album these days, the production was dated by 2 years as soon as it dropped and almost every song has some god awful lyric...

AS:
i've honestly always thought of this EP to be on a lower par than a lot of her material idk..
Numbers 
Test Me
The Bakery
Glued (ACOUSTIC VERSION..)

Unreleased:
Haunted
99 Cent Store (Non kazoo version)
Cooties
Ring Pop
Night Mime (pitch version with filtered chorus vocal from demo version)
Band Aid its a serve to me idk bout y'all
Void
Garden
Tunnel Vision
Sirens
Death
Dragon's Blood
Needle & Thread
Fingers Crossed

i'm probably missing a few here and there. Definitely feel that Cry Baby holds up better than K-12 so i'd give the pass on a lot more of those songs in general

2 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

It had me a little surprised ngl 😬

idk i'm not hearing it.. to me, the ending of Fingers Crossed always sounded like a dreamy voice memo they recorded somewhere in Hawaii

Just came to mind on the topic of the snippets, for those saying they're too slow/boring... Don't forget melanie picks the weirdest sections to tease. Remember the principal snippet everyone thought was lame? It was the outro. 

before MM3 drops i wanna get more into melanies unreleased, can someone tell me the best ones or maybe link me somewhere that has a good list of her best unreleased

15 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

Unreleased:
Haunted
Cooties
Ring Pop
Void
Garden
Tunnel Vision
Sirens
Death
Dragon's Blood
Needle & Thread
Fingers Crossed

nvm i'll just listen to these lmfao xx

19 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

giving my 2 cents on this because as we're upon a new era, looking back on Melanie's existing catalogue, I think it's fair to say some songs do not hold up as well as they used to... like at all

2013:
Birthing Addicts the almost James Bond production is so cool
Curly Cue

CB:
Training Wheels

Pacify Her
Mrs. Potato Head
Mad Hatter
Cake

K-12:
Teacher's Pet
Fire Drill
nothing else really stands out to me on this album these days, the production was dated by 2 years as soon as it dropped and almost every song has some god awful lyric...

AS:
i've honestly always thought of this EP to be on a lower par than a lot of her material idk..
Numbers 
Test Me
The Bakery
Glued (ACOUSTIC VERSION..)

Unreleased:
Haunted
Cooties
Ring Pop
Void
Garden
Tunnel Vision
Sirens
Death
Dragon's Blood
Needle & Thread
Fingers Crossed

i'm probably missing a few here and there. Definitely feel that Cry Baby holds up better than K-12 so i'd give the pass on a lot more of those songs in general

band aid was the first unreleased i heard such memories listening to leak on a random ass wixsite at school

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

2 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

before MM3 drops i wanna get more into melanies unreleased, can someone tell me the best ones or maybe link me somewhere that has a good list of her best unreleased

replace Cooties and Band Aid with these:

• Drowning (its incomplete but its one of my favs)
  • Birthing Addicts (any version)
  • Seesaw
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Rocking Horse
  • Coloring Book
  • Bombs on Monday Morning
  • Rough Love
  • Where do Babies Come from

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

tbh just listen to all the mm3 and crybaby outtakes those are the only good ones tbh

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

21 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

as if Fire Drill doesnt belong to this group :toofloppy:

anyway, Show & Tell, Detention, Lunchbox Friends all are bops

16 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

Just came to mind on the topic of the snippets, for those saying they're too slow/boring... Don't forget melanie picks the weirdest sections to tease. Remember the principal snippet everyone thought was lame? It was the outro. 

Thats true but Also the snippets this time we know are taken mid track… I though the K-12 snippets werent as slow. I feel like her songs are getting slower and slower as time goes on. Shes going for a Fiona Apple vibe (she even has mentioned her as an inspiration multiple times) by focusin on the lyrics… the problem is… shes not that good of a writter and in my opinion she excels more creating melodies and concepts. For storytelling I think she works better with a team who can polish her work and thats why CB was so successful yet K-12 and AS is a flop (although I think Its over-hated here Its Not as inspiring). I also find obvious her songs with Kinetics are her best efforts while the sessions with Michael Keenan are getting old (kind of like the Jack Antonof thing with Lana or Taylor). She has a weird flow Lately on her songs, same as Lana but in her case It works somehow. Its like she doesnt leave Space to breathe and Just vomits a bunch of words with no clear direction. Sometimes she misses the Mark and other times she nails the concept, Its 50/50 at this point 

2 hours ago, Yellow said:

I'm betting if/when we hear sirens snip it'll sound different too for this exact reason? I love ur display name btw 

i guess so, but i feel like she'd probably add some final touches to sirens before releasing it

also thx :wub: pink diamond is an amazing song

Spoiler

true, those tracks always sounded way more finished than the others, even for unfinished songs.

as it seems faerie soirée was actually reworked, but i feel like the intro (apart from the initial seconds we've heard today) was kept very similar to the leaked version.

2 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Thats true but Also the snippets this time we know are taken mid track… I though the K-12 snippets werent as slow. I feel like her songs are getting slower and slower as time goes on. Shes going for a Fiona Apple vibe (she even has mentioned her as an inspiration multiple times) by focusin on the lyrics… the problem is… shes not that good of a writter and in my opinion she excels more creating melodies and concepts. For storytelling I think she works better with a team who can polish her work and thats why CB was so successful yet K-12 and AS is a flop (although I think Its over-hated here Its Not as inspiring). I also find obvious her songs with Kinetics are her best efforts while the sessions with Michael Keenan are getting old (kind of like the Jack Antonof thing with Lana or Taylor)

werent we discussing a couple years ago that her vocals during live performances have been progressing worse due to smoking or something?

I havent been keeping up with this thread so someone might have already said the same thing but

So far i think that this is still Crybaby but maybe in another life, so like the same soul, but transformed. At the end of k-12 she probably did decide to follow Lilith and her friends into the better place. That better place is death and rebirth/beginning again, and now shes something else- an alien or a goddess or ethereal being or whatever. Kinda cool, kinda cant wait to see the visuals but dont think ill like the music that much. 

5 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I also find obvious her songs with Kinetics are her best efforts while the sessions with Michael Keenan are getting old (kind of like the Jack Antonof thing with Lana or Taylor)

CJ Baran is the main producer of this new album :)

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕