Jack

Melanie Martinez

I love the bit where she goes please don’t worry I don’t miss… but can’t work out what else she says

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

RIP to whatever track is last on side A (Spider Web probably) and track 13. My turntable with a Grado cartridge that can’t track for shit is going to have more inner groove distortion than I’ve ever heard before with this 51 min 1LP :rip:

edit: honestly probably more likely track 7 than 6…

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

53 minutes ago, medievalthots said:

i actually love moon cycle

even the lyrics

whoever doesnt like it is giving woman hater

that’s so stupid to say 

nothing to do with hating women, we all know periods are something normal and from day to day life but so is shaving our balls and we don’t see no one make a song bout that! it’s just not an appealing nor important topic, plus the lyrics are straight up BAD 

this comment it’s givin “I water my plants with my period blood” 

DEATH would be stunning live :defeated:

18 minutes ago, World Princess said:

I love the bit where she goes please don’t worry I don’t miss… but can’t work out what else she says

Pls the file I downloaded had the lyrics from Play Date embedded into it :air:

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

This song just took my hype for this album from a level 75/100 to 300/100 :oprah4:

Only Kesha's albums have ever given me a 300/100 hype :oprah4:

I hope for your sanity it wasn’t High Road cause…

I also had high hopes for that (specially after Rainbow) and was left on a ditch :heidi:

9 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

but so is shaving our balls and we don’t see no one make a song bout that!

becuz its optional to shave your balls its not optional to have a period (unless u pay to have like ur uterus taken out or something which idt doctors will do unless its damaged):noparty:

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

2 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

becuz its optional to shave your balls its not optional to have a period (unless u pay to have like ur uterus taken out or something which idt doctors will do unless its damaged):noparty:

It was an example of how unnecesary seems to talk about someone’s fluids and personal needs

If u prefer it that way, we all have to poo and piss and still I think no one has ever made a song about it (maybe Spider Web is the one…)

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

It was an example of how unnecesary seems to talk about someone’s fluids and personal needs

If u prefer it that way, we all have to poo and piss and still I think no one has ever made a song about it (maybe Spider Web is the one…)

and she was singing about her own experience if you don't like the song just skip it when it comes out its not hard

and i don't seem to mind

8 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I wouldn’t even hate a song about periods, because that COULD be empowering. But it’s about period sex, and with tons of disgusting allusions to blood and other secretions. :oprah3:

It's giving CupcakKe quality lyrics in terms of cheap visceral imagery and sexual bluntness. If we were serving those with the same kind of CupcakKe energy and camp, I would be 100% down for it.

Narrator: She is not, in fact, serving the cheap on-the-nose lyrics with the same kind of energy as other artists who have made it their brand.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

But there are songs about blood. It's perfectly fine to sing about bleeding but only if it's not from the vagina?

I'm not even saying I like this song lol but it's just something interesting to think about.

1 minute ago, AtomicMess said:

It's giving CupcakKe quality lyrics in terms of cheap visceral imagery and sexual bluntness. If we were serving those with the same kind of CupcakKe energy and camp, I would be 100% down for it.

Narrator: She is not, in fact, serving the cheap on-the-nose lyrics with the same kind of energy as other artists who have made it their brand.

Right. And honestly I don’t even hate allusions to blood or whatever but turning them into food references (bite the cherry, raspberry, pomegranate, daily CREAM) that just turn my stomach. 

anyway stream DEATH. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

8 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

But there are songs about blood. It's perfectly fine to sing about bleeding but only if it's not from the vagina?

I'm not even saying I like this song lol but it's just something interesting to think about.

She can sing about whatever she wants cause it’s her music, that’s on period. But if we don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s because we “hate women” like someone said before.

and that’s on that, don’t really feel the need to explain myself. Stay pressed

3 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

if moon cycle makes yall sick pls get help theres no way:toofloppy: 

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

She can sing about whatever she wants cause it’s her music, that’s on period. But if we don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s because we “hate women” like someone said before.

and that’s on that, don’t really feel the need to explain myself 

u using thats on period in this context is so funny

10 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

It's giving CupcakKe quality lyrics in terms of cheap visceral imagery and sexual bluntness.

not at all puhleese

and i don't seem to mind