Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Sugartears said:

Is anyone intrigued by the fact that she's coming up with a new persona on her next projects? Tbh I appreciate that, but I mean, why she didn't just killed Cry Baby and came with a new character already, instead of trying to revive her just for one era? 

Portals is the final act for Cry Baby’s story (hence the pink alien spirit reincarnation thing). After this I really hope she comes back with no alter ego, we need some rest and I miss her face too. 

10 hours ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

her writing was indeed so good prior and during the CB era, what happened after? :eartha2:

i feel like her ability to write freely and with variety died when she limited herself to one character and storyline. like her sophomore album could've been amazing had she not went in the direction she did. not everything can be a metaphor about school and that's okay :true:

violets in your eyes

30 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

i feel like her ability to write freely and with variety died when she limited herself to one character and storyline. like her sophomore album could've been amazing had she not went in the direction she did. not everything can be a metaphor about school and that's okay :true:

i feel like even tho she was limited by the storyline with CB she still did an amazing job, i actually think it's what motived her, but then with K-12 she thought she could keep it up cause she wanted to but simply couldn't

ok i have an underrated opinion but glued is way more of a bridge to portals than test me, maybe should've even been saved for portals! i'll explain why

Spoiler

ok so i'm gonna start off with the most basic reasons to more deeper reasons, so first of all sound wise the song is very similar to portals despite michael having no credits on the album, i literally could not hear test me on portals at all but glued i can hear so easily, which is one of the reasons i think it should've been considered the after school to portals bridge.

secondly michael has no credits on portals at all like i just brought up, and portals credits are kind of similar to cry babies but instead of k&ol having the most song and cj baran only having like 2 its the opposite, michael also had credits on cry baby for like 2 songs so i think he should've atleast had a little bit of involvement with portals, im not asking for the whole album to be produced by him last time that happened everyone hated it but i do like his production on a couple songs!

the song also seems to be about letting go of something or someone like many of the songs on portals, she could've used it as letting go of cry baby or letting go of whoever the breakup songs are about (oliver) i get oliver was probably a dick which is why she wrote many many drags about him on portals but i think glued could've been a cute way of her getting over him i guess? this theory is kinda stupid its my filler i guess.

and the final reason is all of the life and death references in glued JUST like many of the songs on portals + the story of it. i'm gonna just list a couple lines that prove this theory a bit!!
"i know we can't die at the same time and place, i don't wanna think about the morbid parts of life no more" just like how she's not viewing the morbid parts of death anymore like in the song death "i know its morbid, but we all die one day" (line from death) it kinda parallels with glued. "paste me to a new way of being something to breathe new life in me again" literally listen to death and womb, they cover that exact line.. especially with womb being a rumored after school outtake it seems she was possibly writing multiple bridges from after school to portals. 

so in conclusion, there's a ton of parallels with glued and portals.. more parallels than test me and portals. its basically the sister to womb and death and it kinda gives me rebirthing vibes, reincarnation vibes just like the vibe of portals. i dont know if she had a different view for portals while writing test me but i think she should've gotten us excited for portals with glued, especially with all these connects to portals. thanks for reading if u did, im a genius but only when i wanna be!

ok listening to test me again it kind of fits portals vibe i guess but i think glued fits way more

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

47 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

ok i have an underrated opinion but glued is way more of a bridge to portals than test me, maybe should've even been saved for portals! i'll explain why

Hide contents

ok so i'm gonna start off with the most basic reasons to more deeper reasons, so first of all sound wise the song is very similar to portals despite michael having no credits on the album, i literally could not hear test me on portals at all but glued i can hear so easily, which is one of the reasons i think it should've been considered the after school to portals bridge.

secondly michael has no credits on portals at all like i just brought up, and portals credits are kind of similar to cry babies but instead of k&ol having the most song and cj baran only having like 2 its the opposite, michael also had credits on cry baby for like 2 songs so i think he should've atleast had a little bit of involvement with portals, im not asking for the whole album to be produced by him last time that happened everyone hated it but i do like his production on a couple songs!

the song also seems to be about letting go of something or someone like many of the songs on portals, she could've used it as letting go of cry baby or letting go of whoever the breakup songs are about (oliver) i get oliver was probably a dick which is why she wrote many many drags about him on portals but i think glued could've been a cute way of her getting over him i guess? this theory is kinda stupid its my filler i guess.

and the final reason is all of the life and death references in glued JUST like many of the songs on portals + the story of it. i'm gonna just list a couple lines that prove this theory a bit!!
"i know we can't die at the same time and place, i don't wanna think about the morbid parts of life no more" just like how she's not viewing the morbid parts of death anymore like in the song death "i know its morbid, but we all die one day" (line from death) it kinda parallels with glued. "paste me to a new way of being something to breathe new life in me again" literally listen to death and womb, they cover that exact line.. especially with womb being a rumored after school outtake it seems she was possibly writing multiple bridges from after school to portals. 

so in conclusion, there's a ton of parallels with glued and portals.. more parallels than test me and portals. its basically the sister to womb and death and it kinda gives me rebirthing vibes, reincarnation vibes just like the vibe of portals. i dont know if she had a different view for portals while writing test me but i think she should've gotten us excited for portals with glued, especially with all these connects to portals. thanks for reading if u did, im a genius but only when i wanna be!

ok listening to test me again it kind of fits portals vibe i guess but i think glued fits way more

if she included Test Me on Portals the album would stay #1 up till now for sure :true:

Test Me cleans my skin and soul everytime I listen

2 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

If Powder needs to lose to a song I hope its for Sirens and not for Moon Cycle for example 

there is not a CHANCE ON EARTH that Moon Cycle is winning against The Contortionist, thank you!

2 hours ago, The Rhino Designer said:

Does anyone else get slight grunge vibes from Light Shower? That lone, almost sinister sounding guitar is so  :defeated:... And then it's this love song. 

I get “really bad song” vibes from Light Shower 

will die on that hill :crossed:

Just now, WildChild said:

leak something already. 

leak womb after school demo and light shower after school demo

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

5 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I get “really bad song” vibes from Light Shower 

will die on that hill :crossed:

i will die on the hill that says "light shower is top 40 of her whole discography including unreleased" :crossed:

moon cycle however is her worst song bar none (not because of lyrics, but because of its instrumental and composition).