The bitter taste won't let me be
One kiss was supposed to be so sweet
But I found grapefruit in your teeth
Old gum is all you'll ever be to me
I spit you out and brush my teeth

Enough of your bittersweet
Your sugar rots my teeth
Clogs up my arteries

She really was a genius! The metaphor, clever lyrics and grand production make this song one of my all time favourites from her :defeated:

Reminds me of WTBCF and BOMM which are ALSO masterpieces 

she peaked with bittersweet tragedy & dead to me and i'll die on that hill :true:

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so highly of the song! 

u are not alone! I have mentioned before that Unhappy Meal is genius lyrically. I wish she had finished it, the demo sounds great. Love the dark tone of the song and the sarcastic/sassy topics. Her writing during those days was on point! 

can we talk about her super genius underrated masterpiece cooties... she was so scared of ending everybody so she scrapped it i fear

11 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

her writing was indeed so good prior and during the CB era, what happened after? :eartha2:

her weed dealer died:beyonce:

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

I always think of Unhappy Meal as one of her best songs lyrically as well (and just way too catchy), and tho it's a different vibe to these three songs, I think it hits all of the themes she covers so perfectly.

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so highly of the song! 

:wave2: absolutely well done song, but besides its a very mysterious and unique and i wonder what was the point of creating of it, there is definitely other cry baby tracklist where this song would have made sense and im looking forward to find out about it more, surprised no other cry baby concept tracklists havent leaked yet
and also hope there is finalized version of unhappy meal:true:
and while talking about it, i recently found out these clips, can anybody confirm if these are just stem edits? because they sound so good and they were staying unnoticed since the last year for some reasons
https://krakenfiles.com/view/oLFVT16ugJ/file.html
https://krakenfiles.com/view/Sx6EhQsaaM/file.html
https://krakenfiles.com/view/VS5wRXvBET/file.html
https://krakenfiles.com/view/1zvHk97CPZ/file.html

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

:wave2: absolutely well done song, but besides its a very mysterious and unique and i wonder what was the point of creating of it, there is definitely other cry baby tracklist where this song would have made sense and im looking forward to find out about it more, surprised no other cry baby concept tracklists havent leaked yet
and also hope there is finalized version of unhappy meal:true:
and while talking about it, i recently found out these clips, can anybody confirm if these are just stem edits? because they sound so good and they were staying unnoticed since the last year for some reasons
https://krakenfiles.com/view/oLFVT16ugJ/file.html
https://krakenfiles.com/view/Sx6EhQsaaM/file.html
https://krakenfiles.com/view/VS5wRXvBET/file.html
https://krakenfiles.com/view/1zvHk97CPZ/file.html

they def r iirc theres only one known version of unhappy meal

and i don't seem to mind

3 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

they def r iirc theres only one known version of unhappy meal

there were plenty other snippets tho and some turned out to be real like rec session of detention, the principal and smth else

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

16 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

All I could find, was that it was made in "Logic Pro", didn't name a producer. Did she make it herself? Or was there a typical producer she would work with for that era?

the main producer of cry baby era was K&OL and i feel like it was already confirmed to be K&OL but idk, the producer stuff for UM have always been confusing for me

and i don't seem to mind

2 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

the main producer of cry baby era was K&OL and i feel like it was already confirmed to be K&OL but idk, the producer stuff for UM have always been confusing for me

It's 100% most certainly not a K&OL song, the actual producer remains unknown though.

There was CJ Baran speculations but I'm not fully convinced… someone should ask him on Twitter :delish:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Wait I just had a mini big brain moment. 

What if Cry Baby could have been a twin? The concept demo Twins gave me an idea for Cry Baby

- the "they call me/you cry baby and you/I don't fucking care" lyric

- in sippy cup I can see the twins similar to the twins characters in one of the horror movies (I forget the name)

- one of the twins could have died in the alphabet boy video (the angel wings/fog machine clouds)

- k-12 could have added a plot element of the remaining twin pretending to be the dead twin and at the end confess and come into her own identity

Anyone else think Itd work???? :defeated:

Just now, The Siren said:

What if Cry Baby could have been a twin? The concept demo Twins gave me an idea for Cry Baby

- in sippy cup I can see the twins similar to the twins characters in one of the horror movies (I forget the name)

- one of the twins could have died in the alphabet boy video (the angel wings/fog machine clouds)

- k-12 could have added a plot element of the remaining twin pretending to be the dead twin and at the end confess and come into her own identity

she was supposed to be a twin at one point i think cuz one of the og concept covers was conjoined twins or something like that? but im pretty sure the "they call me/you cry baby" line is supposed to be melanie talking to the listener:trisha:

and i don't seem to mind

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

the Cry Baby song too: “I look at you and I see myself”

:hdu:

Is anyone intrigued by the fact that she's coming up with a new persona on her next projects? Tbh I appreciate that, but I mean, why she didn't just killed Cry Baby and came with a new character already, instead of trying to revive her just for one era? 

UAmFDOp.png