Jack

Melanie Martinez

7 minutes ago, FkaTwinks said:

I didn't say she was actually doing it, I'm asking why the Little Bows online were so sure she was doing a medieval concept

Oh yeah, I have no idea. I guess like a lot of leaks, someone came up with a fake/placeholder name and a bunch of people just spread it around thinking it was real.

Anyone else remember "Banana Well" thing, or "Bluffington"? Feels so long ago now but I still remember how fast that shit spread around, lol.

Just now, ButterflyBones said:

Anyone else remember "Banana Well" thing, or "Bluffington"? Feels so long ago now but I still remember how fast that shit spread around, lol.

Bluffington made sense cuz it was referring to a school in a 90s cartoon & she was obsessed with 90s cartoons and very obviously making a school-themed album

Medieval Dynasty was just...???

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

34 minutes ago, FkaTwinks said:

Bluffington made sense cuz it was referring to a school in a 90s cartoon & she was obsessed with 90s cartoons and very obviously making a school-themed album

Medieval Dynasty was just...???

Well we had dragons blood, sirens, leeches, magnets, and tunnel vision so those somehow just = medieval

Aku is coming for you <3

Help me I'm on MQ

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

Sure, where do y'all share your edits + the art you use for them? I'd put them up on my SoundCloud but they won't last 5 seconds past uploading(copyright). I don't mind adding you somewhere and sharing them directly to you either. Just let me know!

https://krakenfiles.com/ :et:

40 minutes ago, gloira said:

mm4 coming 2028............ 

Y'all acting like 2028 is 30 years away (or if it's gonna take that long) 💀

It's 2023 now

The last date of tour is Feb 2024

She wants the rest of 2024 to shoot the music videos and release them

Take 2025 off for rest

2026+ to be creative

Three years from 2026 to 2028 isn't that long to make an album. Even if it does take that long. 

Spoiler

If you (the general stan culture as a whole) need a new album or release every year then maybe you're simply not patient enough or not a real fan of the artist if you're immediately bored of what they put out

THIS IS MY MOTHER IDGAF……… :defeated:

qEoxM5M_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f
I miss seeing her face so much omg

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

nothing unusual from her tbh portals just came out i think we can be a liiiittle more patient 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

7 hours ago, gloira said:

mm4 coming 2028............ 

I can surely wait until 2028 for new Melanie music. Besides she peaked with the 2014 songs, hopefully that'll just push the leaks of the rest of those sessions.

8 hours ago, The Siren said:
  Hide contents

If you (the general stan culture as a whole) need a new album or release every year then maybe you're simply not patient enough or not a real fan of the artist if you're immediately bored of what they put out

Some of these stans are way too spoiled. Art takes time

8 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Don't worry guys Charli is giving us an album next year that will tide us over until then:clapback:

Allie X and Leah Kate also have great albums coming out later this year, get into it loves!!! :party:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

11 hours ago, The Siren said:

Hide contents

Right? I can see why some fans are already bored/unhappy with the Portals era. It probably feels underwhelming at times compared to the huge K-12 era that started with a full length film and super stylized tours. Her style(especially in MV direction) is also super different now, and I know some people just hate this era and character in general.

But that being said, Portals literally just came out. Can't we admit that it wasn't all of ours' favorite album without pushing her to "make up for it" immediately with a whole new one? This shit can take years even for the artists that churn out music constantly. What we see isn't everything. There's a lot of behind the scenes work that can't be rushed if we're so desperate for good music. 

3 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

a 2028 release doesnt bother me that much as long as she´s planning to release Portals movie in the meantime (I think Im the only one in here who wants the movie lol) 

A Portals movie could be fun(as long as it wasn't using the same style as these MVs), but after K-12 I'm not sure. K-12 was pretty, but a pretty mess, that lost a good amount of money. And not only did she fail to notice that her script was way too long(3+ hours) until Atlantic told her to chill, but she then failed to edit it down in a way that still made sense, and released it knowing that it wasn't really "finished".

She preaches a lot about taking your time to perfect your art, but also puts out a lot of half-baked concepts that could've been perfect with a few adjustments. At the very least she's going to have to loosen the reigns and stop trying to do everything by herself if she wants a successful movie.