Jack

Melanie Martinez

31 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Damn, I almost thought that was fake. I mean, I agree, and I'm not blaming her for the drama, but does she not know her fanbase at all? They frequently bully the actual fuck out of anyone who looks at her the wrong way. It's a huge part of why she avoids interacting with us so I'm not sure why she's surprised this is happening.

You know a bunch of fans are just going to use this as an excuse to make up even crazier shit like "He'S tHreaTenInG tO sUe hEr foR eXpoSInG hiM!!!" too, lol. Artists always wait until the shit hits the fan to speak up though. It's giving "Taylor Swift writing songs about her exes and acting surprised when her rabid fans continue to harass them every single time"

When I saw her post that I laughed. She's obviously gonna get sued if she didn't say that.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

8 hours ago, The Siren said:

is she for real? Didn’t she make half of her new album about how bad he is and how he mistreated her? That’s what happens when u do things without thinking in consequences. Not the biggest fan of Oliver but she can’t say she didn’t know how much repercussion she has among her fans

not here for this passive aggressive behavior… so tired of these celebrities acting fool (it’s givin TS) 

At the end of the day, while Melanie's lyrics don't paint Oliver in a positive light, we don't know the full story of what went on during their relationship. A lot of it is just speculation based off lyrics. Moreover, their personal relationship is nobody's business but their own… it's totally uncalled for these weird TikTok fans to try canceling him for outright "abusing" her and other obscene shit. I understand why she spoke out, but I hope she doesn't feel the need to censor herself in lyrics to avoid things like this in the future… Battle of the Larynx and Evil from the album are stellar songs. 

Melanie undoubtedly does have songs about Oliver but I've seen so many reach-y theories, like the Moon Cycle thing or that she "sampled a real audio from one of their arguments" on Leeches :toofloppy:

I don't have TikTok downloaded but got sent this screenshot last night [apparently the post she commented on is now-deleted]
TO4x9Ew_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

At the end of the day, while Melanie's lyrics don't paint Oliver in a positive light, we don't know the full story of what went on during their relationship. A lot of it is just speculation based off lyrics. Moreover, their personal relationship is nobody's business but their own… it's totally uncalled for these weird TikTok fans to try canceling him for outright "abusing" her and other obscene shit. I understand why she spoke out, but I hope she doesn't feel the need to censor herself in lyrics to avoid things like this in the future…

Melanie undoubtedly does have songs about Oliver but I've seen so many reach-y theories, like the Moon Cycle thing or that she "sampled a real audio from one of their arguments" on Leeches :toofloppy:

I don't have TikTok downloaded but got sent this screenshot last night [apparently the post she commented on is now-deleted]
TO4x9Ew_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Tiktok as a whole is a cesspool of this mess 💀

I think this era feels off because it's riding a line of being her most personal(lyrics) and most impersonal(costume, voice changer, etc) so far. We have no idea how some songs fit the theme, no storyline context, and don't even know Cryptid Baby's name. It's very different from CB and K-12 coming with built-in explanation- literally a whole storybook for CB. I don't see why she's holding back now when that context is so relevant to her success. 

This album also has a low quality of production compared to her others and the mass leaks got a lot of fans excited for songs that wouldn't get to the final album, creating disappointment in music they might've otherwise loved(K+OL, we're so sorry).

Let's just hope when the TV music video comes around it gives us some actual plot, and gives the trolls in the fanbase something better to do than stir constant drama.. If it takes until the end of the era or until the movie comes out to get a real clue wtf is going on though, I'm out lol.

after some more time listening and thinking, i think the album cycle would work best like this

album WOMB

1. Womb
  2. Void (leaked ver)
  3. Faerie Soiree (leaked ver w/ excerpts of Fairy Dance instrumental)
  4. Tunnel Vision
  5. Light Shower (w/ excerpts of Magnets or as some interlude)
  6. Dragon's Blood
  7. Spider Web
  8. Leeches (w/ excerpts of Barely Any Juice or as some interlude)
  9. Garden
  10. Fingers Crossed
  11. Sirens
  12. Needle & Thread
  13. Death (leaked ver)
  14. Corpse*
  15. Inconsistent Flame*
  16. Synchronicities*

*deluxe edition

EP EVIL

1. Powder
  2. Battle of the Larynx
  3. The Contortionist
  4. Moon Cycle
  5. Nymphology / Amulet
  6. Evil
  7. Pluto
Edited by The Siren

On 8/3/2023 at 2:19 AM, Anonymcomenter said:

except Evil, all the Oliver Tree diss tracks are soooo bad…

specially BOTL 

I see BOTL as a highlight over those non fit songs, i'm sorry but i always skip Evil, it's SO cringy

10 minutes ago, Wessdude said:

I see BOTL as a highlight over those non fit songs, i'm sorry but i always skip Evil, it's SO cringy

I'm the same but switched. BOTL is cringe and Evil bops :dance:

But honestly any of the second half of the album from BOTL all through to Evil don't really fit the vibe of the rest of the album. 

(See my reconstruction above)

lmao the only songs I cringe on the album are Moon Cycle, Nymphology and maybe Spider Web although I hate it less.

Evil, Sirens, Tunnel Vision and The Contortionist remain THOSE bitches :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I think Spider Web would have been THAT song if it were released in 2015. Like viral success. Especially if it had a music video with all the social media teas, cause after all, that level of 2012 "in your face"ness was still sorta okay then.

Even in 2023, I think it's a great song and almost gives me shivers, but it's little after its time. 

what are some of yall on, battle of the larynx is a bop

the top songs are as follow: void, tunnel vision, battle of the larynx, the contortionist, evil, pluto, milk of the siren

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden