Jack

Melanie Martinez

I've seen a few ads for Melanie playing in my city next year. I've never had the chance to see her but I honestly laughed. There's no way im seeing her current tour :um4: To me, i think it would feel like i never actually saw her perform.  So sorry if thats an ungrateful fan opinion. People who saw anything from the cry baby and the k-12 era are so lucky, I tell you.

5 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I've seen a few ads for Melanie playing in my city next year. I've never had the chance to see her but I honestly laughed. There's no way im seeing her current tour :um4: To me, i think it would feel like i never actually saw her perform.  So sorry if thats an ungrateful fan opinion. People who saw anything from the cry baby and the k-12 era are so lucky, I tell you.

The first part of PORTALS tour was still neat and lots of fans were there and it was amazing to see her live regardless. It went fast for me personally, but the experience and soul in the music was definitely still there. EVIL and POWDER were performed with sm emotion and the vocals weren't bad. The Cry Baby or DOLLHOUSE TOUR would've been so fcking amazing to go to. I wish she didn't perform everything cohesively and had more fun. I think she likes doing the full albums though 😭

i used to be a mega fan of her's back in 2015 and saw her on the cry baby tour twice. as amazing as it was, this was around the time she started losing her voice. and the show really only focused on her singing for an hour straight (no transitions, no dancers)

that's why i think she's still trying to switch it up from that and giving herself time to breathe, because she knows she has a pretty fragile voice. i also went to a k-12 show right before covid shut it down and that was definitely her best tour. so sad we only got a handful of shows out of it :krylie:

violets in your eyes

On 11/14/2023 at 3:41 PM, ButterflyBones said:

That Trilogy teaser, man.. I'm not enjoying this era at all anymore, and cannot believe we're nearly a year into it now and it still has almost zero substance. I'd rather see a 3 minute video of her talking, without the mask, and get nothing else for months than be fed crappy CGI teasers and bad music videos with a dash of boring, faceless live shows.

I was listening to DEATH yesterday too, and all I could think of was how wasted its potential was! She could've made her most powerful, heartfelt and beautiful MV yet(same with VOID) but instead it felt overdone and underdone all at once. I'm confused at what she's trying to achieve here, and I definitely don't want to know what a Portals movie would look like if the MVs can't even land. Just disappointed with this era all around.

crazy to think that her best era (to me) to this day is dollhouse ep. two iconic music videos done with minor budget (especially dollhouse which was crowd funded), a great tour where she had fun and was always adding and changing the setlist to keep it fresh, fun interviews and photoshoots, and we even got amazing live performances on her channel... oh i miss the goof ol days

cry baby era is also a testiment to the fact that melanie works better with a restricted budget, but i feel like she was so spoiled with k12 that now she refuses to work if it isnt exactly the way she wants it do matter the cost

7 hours ago, champainproblms said:

crazy to think that her best era (to me) to this day is dollhouse ep. two iconic music videos done with minor budget (especially dollhouse which was crowd funded), a great tour where she had fun and was always adding and changing the setlist to keep it fresh, fun interviews and photoshoots, and we even got amazing live performances on her channel... oh i miss the goof ol days

cry baby era is also a testiment to the fact that melanie works better with a restricted budget, but i feel like she was so spoiled with k12 that now she refuses to work if it isnt exactly the way she wants it do matter the cost

The Dollhouse era will always be my favorite. She peaked in 2014.

This further backs up the rumors about Melanie being a diva 😳

11 hours ago, champainproblms said:

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

I'm so scared she's gonna wear that damn mask the whole time on the new tour. I mean do we think she will actually wear it for crybaby and k-12? I kind of assumed it would be like Eras tour where she does the songs by eras

21 hours ago, grayson stark said:

I'm so scared she's gonna wear that damn mask the whole time on the new tour. I mean do we think she will actually wear it for crybaby and k-12? I kind of assumed it would be like Eras tour where she does the songs by eras

Plot twist she is tired of the mask that's why she did an eras tour lmao 😭 I'm kidding but imagine 

13 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Streaming and experiencing Powder and Pluto one after the other is life changing. She came for blood and neck with these two

if only we could stream MOTHER OF PEARL, FINGERS CROSSED, DRAGON'S BLOOD & piano ballad DEATH ;((

2 hours ago, WildChild said:

Every tear that falls from me...

Is the last one you will see...

Tell myself this all the time...

I don't know what changes my mind...

:defeated:

That's taste I was listening to this at work the other day and my God has her song writing declined a bit since this