Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 12/26/2023 at 7:44 PM, Veinsineon said:

I’m sorry but Milk And Cookies and Alphabet Boy belong in the trash :brigitte: AB has always been an obvious downgrade of Play Date to me. One of Mel’s worst songs!

melanie-martinez-shaking-head-h7ubidtdmp

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 hour ago, cool3dworld said:

You Love I definitely being one of her best songs, she really wrote that and K-12

soo true

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

2 hours ago, cool3dworld said:

You Love I definitely being one of her best songs, she really wrote that and K-12 y’all sometimes I can’t even believe how she unevolved as an artist idk if that’s the right word but wow. all love though

I've never heard it be used like this grammatically buts it's correct!

On 12/27/2023 at 2:44 AM, Veinsineon said:

I’m sorry but Milk And Cookies and Alphabet Boy belong in the trash :brigitte: AB has always been an obvious downgrade of Play Date to me. One of Mel’s worst songs!

Milk and cookies is almost too weird and scary to be an enjoyable listen

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

Milk and Cookies is one of the most underrated songs on Cry Baby. Her dark pop lullaby nightmare stuff is too good 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

44 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Milk and Cookies is one of the most underrated songs on Cry Baby. Her dark pop lullaby nightmare stuff is too good 

Agreed 100% :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Random but It's the way mel could've used the early portals leaks to her advantage that pisses me off... like she saw that everyone LOVED the sad ballads like death and fingers crossed and she saw which songs her fans disliked (i.e. moon cycle...). She didn't have to put the songs on the album but she still could've used that to create new songs with the same vibe. It just felt like she saw the songs leak and then completely changed the vibe of the album up out of spite. Along with her adding moon cycle to the album anyways knowing damn well no one liked it. I know it's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable but it's just not a good song in general. It just feels like she has this nasty "i dont have to give you what YOU want" attitude, like no she doesn't but like at the same time, nothings keeping your fans streaming your music girl...

teacher's pet is actually one of the best songs she's created and it's v weird how hated it is lol. the laughter before the chorus drops eats up a majority of k-12

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

7 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

teacher's pet is actually one of the best songs she's created and it's v weird how hated it is lol. the laughter before the chorus drops eats up a majority of k-12

The way when it first dropped I wasn’t a big fan (that goes for most of K-12 though…) but I’ve grown an appreciation and love for it. It would probably make it in my top 10 favorite songs out of Mel’s discography :wub:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Aside from the rather boring production in most of K-12, my most avid problem with it is the unnecessary amount of swear words. It just ruins the songs for me, I get a couple ones but literally saying a curse every 15 seconds? Girl... Even if Cry Baby has a large usage of profane lyrics, it's not too on the nose, so it's not even a problem. So remove the first three tracks and like 60% of the profane language in K-12, and the album really could have improved.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 hours ago, litterallylindsaylohan said:

Random but It's the way mel could've used the early portals leaks to her advantage that pisses me off... like she saw that everyone LOVED the sad ballads like death and fingers crossed and she saw which songs her fans disliked (i.e. moon cycle...). She didn't have to put the songs on the album but she still could've used that to create new songs with the same vibe. It just felt like she saw the songs leak and then completely changed the vibe of the album up out of spite. Along with her adding moon cycle to the album anyways knowing damn well no one liked it. I know it's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable but it's just not a good song in general. It just feels like she has this nasty "i dont have to give you what YOU want" attitude, like no she doesn't but like at the same time, nothings keeping your fans streaming your music girl...

very this. i wwas gonna add something to this but i lost it lol

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Aside from the rather boring production in most of K-12, my most avid problem with it is the unnecessary amount of swear words. It just ruins the songs for me, I get a couple ones but literally saying a curse every 15 seconds? Girl... Even if Cry Baby has a large usage of profane lyrics, it's not too on the nose, so it's not even a problem. So remove the first three tracks and like 60% of the profane language in K-12, and the album really could have improved.

especially High School Sweethearts and Recess :agree: WOTB and Class Fight are among the bottom of k-12 ranks for me too :agree:

I honestly think Alphabet Boy is not that bad and I will die on that hill… maybe not the best but certainly not the worst, as long as Training Wheels, Sippy Cup and Teddy Bear stay on Crybaby 

ps leak K-12 unreleased, it’s getting annoying :eek2:

11 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I honestly think Alphabet Boy is not that bad and I will die on that hill… maybe not the best but certainly not the worst, as long as Training Wheels, Sippy Cup and Teddy Bear stay on Crybaby

Sippy Cup?! Ooh no.. Easily one of the best on Cry Baby, production+lyrics. I get lost in that instrumental and don't want to be found, lol.

Spoiler

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952i53gog6ns687c59lq