Jack

Melanie Martinez

I'm seeing & meeting her in Orlando today..ahh I'm so excited!  :deadbanana:

But wtf she didn't do Play Date or Teddy Bear OR Cake?  :( I have to hear PD live  :ohno:

I hope another mess doesn't happens lol. Have fun and post your experience! O-town represent 

Oh she did Cake, forgot to add that. She skipped Mad Hatter and did Cake, then the encore was Mad Hatter. But I heard she did audience choice of PD/Teddy Bear or something?

just not for us ;(

Ah I realized that later when looking through setlist.fm. Yeah, I think the picking thing was an exclusive for the first leg of the tour & then she changed it.  :crossed:

I hope another mess doesn't happens lol. Have fun and post your experience! O-town represent 

Thanks so much! Oh wow another Floridian! I always forget that there are mutual fans of artists near me :creep: Actually it was amazing, for both her & all the fans...time to get into it again  :hooker:

~

We (my sister & I) got there at like 3 PM & all the staff were super helpful & nice. We waited until 5:15 to get into a separate queue right outside the doors, somehow in the number card fiasco we were able to get ahead of a bunch of people (it rewards to pay attention & jump to any opportunity to get ahead!) so we were in the first 20 people to get let in & were about third row, center for soundcheck. It was so cool, there was a guy in the crowd with his GF & he let us go ahead 'cause he was tall enough to see. She came out like 10 minutes later & talked to us for a bit (she's so cute!) & then performed Mrs. Potato Head & Carousel, both amazing, said goodbye & she'd see us in a few. We all got up & went to queue for the m&g & we waited about 15 minutes, eventually finding our way into a group (they only let in 10 people at a time, we were numbers 8 & 9). Once there Mel hugged all of us & thanked us for coming & said she loved us  :defeated:  We then went to pose for the pics & for the first time in my life I thank not only God, but Jesus, for my short 5'3 1/2 ass...all the tall people went in back, & we + the guy's girlfriend (from earlier) all sat on our knees in the front & Mel sat AGAINST us  :defeated:    Her hair smelled so nice. We did 3 pics, one just smiling, one fake crying, (she showed us at the beginning & when we went to take the crying one I said "wait, how do we do it again?" so she turned around & showed me  :defeated:  ), & one with bunnyears. So she sat right in front of us & she let us do her bunnyears.  :defeated:      After, she hugged us all again before we left & we talked for a bit, I thanked her for talking about Kesha on twitter & we talked about her for like 15 seconds  :defeated:   Then we left & went back down to the pit & this time we were second row, slightly to the right. At this point it was like 6 & we waited until like 9 for Mel to show back up. The whole show she kept looking at both of us  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: Probably because we were one of the few who knew all the songs & were never on a phone lol  :defeated: She did the normal setlist she's been doing, Cake as her "last song" but if you cheered hard enough she'd do Mad Hatter (which she did  :defeated: ) I screamed my bloody head off the whole thing & as I'm typing my throat is sore lol but completely worth it!

The venue was nice & less hot than last time, & the speakers were much better this time around. Security wouldn't give me a setlist tho  :crossed:

Overall I'm just  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:   She's so nice in person, don't believe that BS that she's a diva. She was so down to earth & sweet. Towards the end they shone lights on her & she said "oh, put those out you're making me nervous!"  :defeated: & after Mad Hatter she said "I love you guys so fucking much!"  :defeated:  

If you guys have the opportunity, go see her! 

I had to edit this before it'd post bc I had too many  :defeated: in the post  :toofunny:

Edited by crazyandfree

tumblr_static_1vaj0v9n1shwc4ks4c0gwsowo.

Ah I realized that later when looking through setlist.fm. Yeah, I think the picking thing was an exclusive for the first leg of the tour & then she changed it.  :crossed:

Thanks so much! Oh wow another Floridian! I always forget that there are mutual fans of artists near me :creep: Actually it was amazing, for both her & all the fans...time to get into it again  :hooker:

~

We (my sister & I) got there at like 3 PM & all the staff were super helpful & nice. We waited until 5:15 to get into a separate queue right outside the doors, somehow in the number card fiasco we were able to get ahead of a bunch of people (it rewards to pay attention & jump to any opportunity to get ahead!) so we were in the first 20 people to get let in & were about third row, center for soundcheck. It was so cool, there was a guy in the crowd with his GF & he let us go ahead 'cause he was tall enough to see. She came out like 10 minutes later & talked to us for a bit (she's so cute!) & then performed Mrs. Potato Head & Carousel, both amazing, said goodbye & she'd see us in a few. We all got up & went to queue for the m&g & we waited about 15 minutes, eventually finding our way into a group (they only let in 10 people at a time, we were numbers 8 & 9). Once there Mel hugged all of us & thanked us for coming & said she loved us  :defeated:  We then went to pose for the pics & for the first time in my life I thank not only God, but Jesus, for my short 5'3 1/2 ass...all the tall people went in back, & we + the guy's girlfriend (from earlier) all sat on our knees in the front & Mel sat AGAINST us  :defeated:    Her hair smelled so nice. We did 3 pics, one just smiling, one fake crying, (she showed us at the beginning & when we went to take the crying one I said "wait, how do we do it again?" so she turned around & showed me  :defeated:  ), & one with bunnyears. So she sat right in front of us & she let us do her bunnyears.  :defeated:      After, she hugged us all again before we left & we talked for a bit, I thanked her for talking about Kesha on twitter & we talked about her for like 15 seconds  :defeated:   Then we left & went back down to the pit & this time we were second row, slightly to the right. At this point it was like 6 & we waited until like 9 for Mel to show back up. The whole show she kept looking at both of us  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: Probably because we were one of the few who knew all the songs & were never on a phone lol  :defeated: She did the normal setlist she's been doing, Cake as her "last song" but if you cheered hard enough she'd do Mad Hatter (which she did  :defeated: ) I screamed my bloody head off the whole thing & as I'm typing my throat is sore lol but completely worth it!

The venue was nice & less hot than last time, & the speakers were much better this time around. Security wouldn't give me a setlist tho  :crossed:

Overall I'm just  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:   She's so nice in person, don't believe that BS that she's a diva. She was so down to earth & sweet. Towards the end they shone lights on her & she said "oh, put those out you're making me nervous!"  :defeated: & after Mad Hatter she said "I love you guys so fucking much!"  :defeated:  

If you guys have the opportunity, go see her! 

I had to edit this before it'd post bc I had too many  :defeated: in the post  :toofunny:

That sounds awesome!! Did Carousel really had a lot of bass? I saw a video on Instagram from someone who went and that song was blasting 

That sounds awesome!! Did Carousel really had a lot of bass? I saw a video on Instagram from someone who went and that song was blasting 

It was  :poordat:  :poordat:  :poordat: Um, I think so. I'm not too good with identifying different instruments, but if the bass was used in the breakdown after the chorus, then most definitely. It was amazing, the sound was perfect  :legend: The Social needs to update & get speakers/whatever else that HOB has  :worship:

tumblr_static_1vaj0v9n1shwc4ks4c0gwsowo.

It was  :poordat:  :poordat:  :poordat: Um, I think so. I'm not too good with identifying different instruments, but if the bass was used in the breakdown after the chorus, then most definitely. It was amazing, the sound was perfect  :legend: The Social needs to update & get speakers/whatever else that HOB has  :worship:

Yes you answers my question ;)

I listened to Cry Baby a while ago and kind of appreciated it but not really, except for Mad Hatter that I immediately adored, and I already liked Sippy Cup Carousel and a bit Cry Baby so I wanted to give it another shot and r a w m e I'm SLAIN to my GRAVE. This album is EXCELLENT I have no idea why I didn't got into it at first, perhaps because I'm really not into these whole aesthetics and thematics (although I have a deep respect for how thorough the whole story is, it's just too dark for me I think) but who cares when the music is this good. The beginning of the amazing Pity Party reminds me of Marina's Lonely Hearts Club in the sense that it could have been one of the best pop songs ever but it falls flat after a few seconds. Jesus these first 15s tho, skinning me. So my favs for now are Mad Hatter, Tag You're It, Play Date, Carousel, Sippy Cup, and Cake, and from Melanie I also dig her cover of Britney's Toxic. Training Wheels, Soap and Cry Baby also are really nice. I'm still getting into the other songs but I think I'm about to buy it which is exceptional for me I only buy what I already absolutely love. I'm excited to hear the rest of her discography :)

ZKcaooE.png

I listened to Cry Baby a while ago and kind of appreciated it but not really, except for Mad Hatter that I immediately adored, and I already like Sippy Cup Carousel and a bit Cry Baby so I wanted to give it another shot and r a w m e I'm SLAIN to my GRAVE. This album is EXCELLENT I have no idea why I didn't got into it at first, perhaps because I'm really not into these whole aesthetics and thematics (although I have a deep respect for how thorough the whole story is, it's just too dark for me I think) but who cares when the music is this good. The beginning of the amazing Pity Party reminds me of Marina's Lonely Hearts Club in the sense that it could have been one of the best pop songs ever but it falls flat after a few seconds. Jesus these first 15s tho, skinning me. So my favs for now are Mad Hatter, Tag You're It, Play Date, Carousel, Sippy Cup, and Cake, and from Melanie I also dig her cover of Britney's Toxic. Training Wheels, Soap and Cry Baby also are really nice. I'm still getting into the other songs but I think I'm about to buy it which is exceptional for me I only buy what I already absolutely love. I'm excited to hear the rest of her discography :)

Listen to Dead To Me