Jack

Melanie Martinez

It's all about school... what titles did you expect? 

the fact that it's about school doesn't mean that she has to go and make all the titles basic. at this rate we can guess the next titles will be "books", "blackboard", "desk", "the teacher". wtf, use some fantasy guurl.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

It's all about school... what titles did you expect? 

I mean CB was about pre-school and we didn't have titles like "Nurse" "Crib" "Cradle" "Baby-sitter" "Baby bottle" etc...

I was saying my expectations before the era began???

And I'm supposed to remember that or what? 

the fact that it's about school doesn't mean that she has to go and make all the titles basic. at this rate we can guess the next titles will be "books", "blackboard", "desk", "the teacher". wtf, use some fantasy guurl.

Her previous songtitles were also fairly basic, I mean "Cake" "Soap" "Dollhouse" "Carousel" "Sippy Cup" "Milk and Cookies". Who cares about what a song is called. Whether it's called "Book" or "Fuck me daddy teacher" doesnt really change the content or sound of the song. Obviously she's going for simple representative titles. 

I mean CB was about pre-school and we didn't have titles like "Nurse" "Crib" "Cradle" "Baby-sitter" "Baby bottle" etc...

We literally had "Sippy Cup" lmao that's as close to "Baby Bottle" as it gets. 

And I'm supposed to remember that or what?

Her previous songtitles were also fairly basic, I mean "Cake" "Soap" "Dollhouse" "Carousel" "Sippy Cup" "Milk and Cookies". Who cares about what a song is called. Whether it's called "Book" or "Fuck me daddy teacher" doesnt really change the content or sound of the song. Obviously she's going for simple representative titles.

We literally had "Sippy Cup" lmao that's as close to "Baby Bottle" as it gets.

what can i say? the cry baby era titles didn't seem as basic as these ones though. they had a certain type of originality attached to them. for example i loved the play on words with pacify her/pacifier... while for k-12 it seems like she literally just googled "stuff for elementary school" and used the results as titles.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

im EXTREMELY nervous now. it's getting harder and harder to use the excuse of 'well we only have twenty seconds!'

are you really telling me we have 20 second snippets of FIVE songs and NONE of them are all that captivating ? that doesn't make sense. 

The official synopsis:

A brave-hearted girl and her charming best friend make a bewitching pair as they embark on a mission to take down the oppressive schooling system of K-12.

Cry Baby, a strong and sensitive girl, is sent off to a disturbing sleepaway school that's hidden underneath a grandiose façade. Luckily, she has a sweet and unapologetic best friend who sticks up for her when she gets bullied by the other students whose brains are under control by the Principal and his wicked staff. With the help of the magical friends they meet along the way, as well as an Angelic Spirit Guide, they are able to gain the strength they need to fight off the school's belligerent patriarchal conditioning.

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

The lyrics aren't doing much for me. Sounds like she put very little effort into their meaning and just wanted it all to rhyme. 

Instrumentals sounds like free YouTube background music, besides pink slip

The official synopsis:

A brave-hearted girl and her charming best friend make a bewitching pair as they embark on a mission to take down the oppressive schooling system of K-12.

Cry Baby, a strong and sensitive girl, is sent off to a disturbing sleepaway school that's hidden underneath a grandiose façade. Luckily, she has a sweet and unapologetic best friend who sticks up for her when she gets bullied by the other students whose brains are under control by the Principal and his wicked staff. With the help of the magical friends they meet along the way, as well as an Angelic Spirit Guide, they are able to gain the strength they need to fight off the school's belligerent patriarchal conditioning.

Meh

Could have been deeper than this. Hate to say it but some people are just straight up bullies, not under control by anyone.

I love Permission Slip the most, but it's the weakest lyrically. I feel like it doesn't have an underlying meaning like the rest.

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

i guess it's getting a theatre release?  https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/k-12-60914

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

The official synopsis:

Barbie film teas

Mmmmm idk lol I remember being SO excited for Cry Baby after she posted the snippets on her instagram and with this one I'm just like :/// every time.... Idk if it's because I was more hyped for this album because Cry Baby was so amazing and we have been waiting for so long but every snippet just kills my excitement even more

FzytWEW.png

Mmmmm idk lol I remember being SO excited for Cry Baby after she posted the snippets on her instagram and with this one I'm just like :/// every time.... Idk if it's because I was more hyped for this album because Cry Baby was so amazing and we have been waiting for so long but every snippet just kills my excitement even more

I was a fan since dollhouse, but bc i didnt keep up with album news or anything before cry baby, i never heard which specific snippets she chose D;

is this them? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRze9PibjR27pHtfaRCzQ3NauzxoM8Jw2

imo, if you think the excerpts are lackluster, maybe the movie will change ur mind. Like for me Recess seems a lil boring than the others but honestly maybe it’ll be a dope scene and i’ll love it after.

Imagine the scenes for Lunchbox Friends and Pink Slip (or whatever).

omg same, I remember I kept replaying them especially Mrs. Potato Head's snippet  :defeated:

I would never hurt you