Jack

Melanie Martinez

36 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

You probably read it on the Wiki page, I did too. If anyone can link/find where she actually said that it'd be very appreciated, but otherwise I'm concluding it fake just like the "Tag, You're It replaced Jumprope!"/"Soap replaced Haunted!" sort of stuff that still gets spread around without any credibility (mainly due to people adding fake stuff to the Wiki)

There's also no direct references or callbacks to TYI in Erase Her, only a somewhat similar theme 

they also said Play Date replaced Half Hearted if I remember correctly 

9 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

pnjzvslmj

:facepalm:

Okay so the snippet is cute, I’m liking it so far but gurl… those lyrics are not it, like they don’t make sense at all :toofloppy: I’m guessing they are part of the song or something cause in the snippet she tells otherwise… still REALLY bad poetry 

I suppose we’re not getting any snippet today since she already posted the one from Friday… maybe they sent the egg too early I don’t know 

Also for those of you who hate the vocoder thing… listen closely to the end of the snippet in HD :bebe:

I don't like the song(sounds like K-12 2.0 to me) but the video is really cute. I just wish we weren't seeing all of these looks before the visuals. I'd rather have it be a surprise. I'm still hoping the eyes will move and blink in the music videos too, but they look pretty good here as is.

Looking forward to full videos coming soon.

2 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I don't like the song(sounds like K-12 2.0 to me) but the video is really cute. I just wish we weren't seeing all of these looks before the visuals. I'd rather have it be a surprise. I'm still hoping the eyes will move and blink in the music videos too, but they look pretty good here as is.

Looking forward to full videos coming soon.

I liked that she was doing the jaw wiggle! :trisha:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

10 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

pnjzvslmj

:facepalm:

She used to write so much better poetry than this. Somewhere in her attempts to be deep and expressive, she just started rambling and stringing sentences together that didn't make sense outside of her head. She can do so much better than this and it's time she realizes that and does something about it.

8 hours ago, misslonaxo said:

I swear I read abt that back in 2015/16 on the wiki and those songs (plus Half Hearted instead of Play Date) were revealed as titles on a 06/2015 tracklist posted accidentally on a preorder or something. Looking back I assume that was just a fan who knew titles of CJ Baran produced songs or something

8 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

they also said Play Date replaced Half Hearted if I remember correctly 

The only Cry Baby song to be truly "replaced at the last minute" like people say, that I've ever been able to find any legit confirmation on, was Half Hearted.

An alternate tracklist was published to Idolator's website in an article from July 16th, 2015. The only difference between that and what came out is the deluxe track ordering, and obviously Half Hearted being in Play Date's spot:

Deluxe Edition 14. Half Hearted 15. Cake 16. Teddy Bear

I'm assuming Idolator had gotten early access to this tracklist through Atlantic press or something since Melanie has done multiple interviews with them throughout the years. If you go through older posts on here, you can see pre-release discussion about HH being replaced by PD— but there's nothing about Jumprope or Haunted until much later.

The two songs were registered since 2014, so that's likely where the rumours about them replacing other tracks came from. People thought JR would be about the big bad wolf tying her up…lol

Spoiler

Sorry for the lengthy posts if they're bothering anybody. I just have a lot to say regarding Melanie :toofloppy:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

6 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

People thought Jumprope would be about the big bad wolf tying her up…lol

Now this i remember vividly...

Speaking of interviews/reviews, when is the embargo on Melanie's publicity going to be lifted:toofloppy: I'm convinced she's on a list of people not to publicize/give reviews to courtesy of T. Heller

I mean, she doesn't even have albums on Metacritic, just The Voice appearances :smh:

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

pnm7VGnRj

she thought she ate with this lyric I guess :cuteface:

It’s not the best, but props to her for finding this word :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

4 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

She used to write so much better poetry than this. Somewhere in her attempts to be deep and expressive, she just started rambling and stringing sentences together that didn't make sense outside of her head. She can do so much better than this and it's time she realizes that and does something about it.

A Lana tea :creepna3:

Remember when people said not to worry about the ugly ass mask thing? That it was just a silly concept like the The Bakery promo… I think we’re in for a treat guys :bebe: those eyes don’t even move

am I the only who has noticed what looks like an impaled head in the background? Wtf is that… 

yeah, the writting has gotten so bad it stars to sound like gibberish! This bitch does know punctuation marks and all, maybe use them before leaving out of breath… I get she wants to be more descriptive and creative with the lyrics but this ain’t it! Her label should force her to work with more co-writers 

she thought she ate and left ALL CRUMBS :awkney2:

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

She’s really teaching us about human anatomy this era, larynx, oxalate. :true:

As a registered nurse, I don’t need that thanks :deadbanana: 

jokes aside, I don’t mind her using body parts in her songs, but at least make something with sense