Jack

Melanie Martinez

Needle and Thread is her best songwriting if you ask me. Relatable content, she actually changes to three different metaphors in the choruses (sweater, blanket, tapestry). No gross phrases. It doesn’t suffer from feeling repetitive like the chorus of Pity Party. 

Also I think Evil might be my favorite snippet so far. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

10 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Needle and Thread is her best songwriting if you ask me. Relatable content, she actually changes to three different metaphors in the choruses (sweater, blanket, tapestry). No gross phrases. It doesn’t suffer from feeling repetitive like the chorus of Pity Party. 

Also I think Evil might be my favorite snippet so far. 

So true! 

Even if I LOVE Garden and it’s close to be her second best song on MM3 sessions (I BOP to it once a day no jk) the guy pissing on the garden lyric… yikes :bebe:

Evil sounds really good to me, at least the portion we’ve heard 

my favorite thing about the snippets is she is using her voice to actually sing again. my biggest problem with k-12 was she barely put any effort in singing in my opinion. most of it sounds like talking. she sounds like shes actually singing again with these snippets. 

25 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

So true! 

Even if I LOVE Garden and it’s close to be her second best song on MM3 sessions (I BOP to it once a day no jk) the guy pissing on the garden lyric… yikes :bebe:

Evil sounds really good to me, at least the portion we’ve heard 

Some of the sessions we have repeat certain themes or phrases, she also mentions "piss-covered games" in Leeches, and there's a few other songs that share references to one another. It's relatively common for an artist to find one thing they like and try it out a few more times. 

Just now, ImNoAngel said:

my favorite thing about the snippets is she is using her voice to actually sing again. my biggest problem with k-12 was she barely put any effort in singing in my opinion. most of it sounds like talking. she sounds like shes actually singing again with these snippets. 

She ate in Drama Club though… those whistle notes… chills :sluttybunny:

Just now, Salem said:

Some of the sessions we have repeat certain themes or phrases, she also mentions "piss-covered games" in Leeches, and there's a few other songs that share references to one another. It's relatively common for an artist to find one thing they like and try it out a few more times. 

I know that… Madonna and Lana also do that a lot…

…still why keep the golden shower thing? :awkney:

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

that’s because of Tunnel Vision in the end… the power TV has to make me wanna shake my ass :true::hair:

thats your demiiiiise:nono:

yeah you hold me like you’re rushing to my thighs:blanche2:

too fast, too fast, faaaast, too fast:gurl:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

I'm surprised so many people like Evil the most right now, but it is more in line with her past sound than the other snippets. I'm just put off by it seeming like it could've come straight from the K-12 era production wise, and some of the lyrics just don't really make sense to me. Especially "loving you was lethal, guess that makes me evil".

To be fair though, I always prefer her darker/slower songs to this kind of pop. So it's probably just me not getting it.

3 minutes ago, rabbit boi said:

wow, guess keenan became a target after the k&ol breach,,, hopefully we get to hear an og standard k-12 outtake and maybe get some stems

??? Are any Keenan leaks circulating 

8 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I'm surprised so many people like Evil the most right now, but it is more in line with her past sound than the other snippets. I'm just put off by it seeming like it could've come straight from the K-12 era production wise, and some of the lyrics just don't really make sense to me. Especially "loving you was lethal, guess that makes me evil".

To be fair though, I always prefer her darker/slower songs to this kind of pop. So it's probably just me not getting it.

I don’t think track 12 is the most popular… many here have criticized it… I personally like it but I understand why! Void it’s clearly the fan favourite (at least here in Lanaboards, only place with taste) :true:

for me it goes like this 

TV (track 3?) > Void (track 2) > Death (track 1) > Evil (track 12) > Limbs (track 9) > Laryxs (track 8) > Sirens? (Not sure if it’s part of TV) >>> Fetus one (track 4-5?) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spider Web (track 6) 

3 minutes ago, your bestie said:

??? Are any Keenan leaks circulating 

The Erase Her one… I’m actually really excited to see how the K-12 outtakes are!!! :shh2:

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

garden not being released is gonna be such an act of hate crime

It has been taken down in YT, I will pray it’s for the right reasons! 

Also TV being still up makes me fear she has reworked it :lange: