Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

“Thimble on my thumb there’s a mess man, covering the blood on his haaaaands”

I always thought it was

Thimble on my thumb is a masked man, covering the blood on his hands

2 hours ago, teacherzpet said:

since ai becoming popular, someone should make a ai version of gold diggin love :nails: 

Someone with vocal skill would have to rerecord the entire song for a base :poordat:

6 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

pluto lyrically/melodically reminds me of After School likeeee a lot

i dont hear it at all :crossed:

edit - what the hell happened to the Void music video????????? :crossed: 

Edited by The Siren

has anyone else not gotten their merch?? i preordered over $50 worth (i wish i hadn’t 💀) and i haven’t even gotten a single update… what do i do? can u cancel or call some sort of customer service? her website is so confusing and sketchy tbh

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

29 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

I always thought it was

Thimble on my thumb is a masked man, covering the blood on his hands

That could totally be it. The way we will never know :crai:

13 minutes ago, acacia said:

has anyone else not gotten their merch?? i preordered over $50 worth (i wish i hadn’t 💀) and i haven’t even gotten a single update… what do i do? can u cancel or call some sort of customer service? her website is so confusing and sketchy tbh

check out some of my posts on the topic, first they said they were too busy to respond, then they said they’re behind on orders and gave me a 15% off coupon on a future order that probably won’t ship. I did get my splatter vinyl but the signed CD has not shipped. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

If void, evil, and battle of the larynx had her vocals mixed in the traditional "Melanie" way and not this weird low pass "rock" vocal way that doesn't suit her voice the songs would sound 1000% better.. the vocal mixing on those songs sucks all the color and life out of Melanie's voice.. a producer who is up to date on plugins needs to just put soothe 2 over her main vocal channel. that's all he needs to do. it's not so hard.

Me personally I would also love a few more down tempo reverby moments like the tunnel vision bridge.. a song with a chorus in that nature could've been a nice compliment to fairy soiree, like a less chaotic entrancing soothing melodic song.. she could've even reworked a song like light shower into it by upping the tempo and adding a catchy couplet to the beginning and end of the chorus.. someone needs to put me in that writers room her next album would eat 

I might get on my computer later and try to re master the evil verses with good plugins.. i might be able to actually make it sound like a melanie verse.. lana doesn't even have an excuse anymore because the plugins that have been coming out in the past few years can literally transform iPhone voice memos into almost studio sounding songs unless they're listened to closely.. Idk why more producers don't use the tools available. Every "high end" producer I talk to about it gets all ego-ey about it and they blablabla about analog. And yes it's true analog has a warmth to it that's very difficult to replicate but for demos and certain songs it's unnecessary to power trip about it.. I think they're scared "less skilled" ppl will be able to replace them eventually with new tech so they want to make it seem "bad" when it isn't and so many huge artists make use of these tools 

She’s clearly up CJ’s ass and will likely produce her next album with him in 2030 or whenever it comes out. I think he brings out a better sounding production overall than Michael Keenan did but the mixing is way worse. It kinda blows my mind that she was so excited about working on all this music with K&OL to just throw them out to pasture like she did to rework songs with CJ. I dunno how a group of people listen to songs like the final version of EVIL and think it sounds good like that and to use that for the album? I’d guess it uses the same ‘low pass filter’ (as he called it) that is in the Amulet rap (which sounds appropriate for the rap), but should have opened up when it went into EVIL.

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

4 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I know we got a ton of emos with the initial leak years ago, but I wonder if there's more that we aren't aware of that was scrapped. I'd love to hear it or see photo outtakes etc :true:

id like to see some CJB track outtakes too :true:

like i NEED to know what else was made for the album :defeated:

cant fathom if theres any K&OL sessions for MM3 left to leak either :defeated:

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

id like to see some CJB track outtakes too :true:

like i NEED to know what else was made for the album :defeated:

cant fathom if theres any K&OL sessions for MM3 left to leak either :defeated:

Omg I'd love to see them too, I'm sure there's a ton we aren't aware exists tbh 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

Here’s 10 reasons why Needle & Thread should have made it into the album:

1. It would be the track that the album cover would be based on. It’s literally a Needle & Thread portal. 
2. “When you aren’t around I sink into the ground.” - Death

3. “Honeysuckle and Fresh Meat” - Tunnel Vision

4. “Mushrooms Everywhere I’m Turning” - Faerie Soiree

5. “Covered in muck from the earth (N&T) and the sea (Sirens)” - Venus

6. “You cleansed me like a waterfall” - Light Shower in response to “hey where’d the water go?” 
7. The entire song Spider Web is meant to go into Needle & Thread. Needle & Thread is suppose to be between leeches and Spider Web.

8. “They flocked to my needle & thread” - Leeches

9. The seeds have been sprouting” - Pluto

10. “Dug out a hole, and sow, that’s where your body goes” - needle & thread connects well with Death.

In conclusion, Needle & Thread connects in theme and lyrics to over half the album and deserved to be included. 

While The Contortionist and Powder don’t connect thematically at all to any of the album (Though both of those songs are AMAZING). 
:true: