Jack

Melanie Martinez

14 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Just noticed the ‘twisting all my bones like screws’ line in TC is similar to the line about turning screws in Needle and Thread. So many lyrical connections with the scrapped songs. 

Also the “look at the mess I’ve done” lyric in Void reminds me a lot of the “look at the mess you’ve done” in WDBCF, but I could be reaching :um2: 

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Also the “look at the mess I’ve done” lyric in Void reminds me a lot of the “look at the mess you’ve done” in WDBCF, but I could be reaching :um2: 

“Thimble on my thumb there’s a mess man, covering the blood on his haaaaands”

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

5 hours ago, BowOfLove said:

He's a HUGE country star who's album blocked Melanie's from #1 (he also blocked Miley and Lana). If Melanie released a month earlier she would have gotten #1. He's also racist and a MAGA, got exposed for yelling racial slurs while drunk. 

I hate country and also hate the fact that he also doesn’t see an issue at all with these actions. 

anyway, happy to see Mel and Ashnikko in the same playlist for Best New Songs. Queens. 

h4wA.gif

last.fm 

I'll probably get banned from the site for this, but am I the only one who would've rather had Fingers Crossed + Needle & Thread over this version of Sirens? I like it a lot, but I'm not going to lie, some of it just isn't for me.

Like the "let them drown" part? I don't know why but it just sounds grating to my ears, and I usually love songs like that. I think it could've been perfect with a little more work, and maybe taking bits and pieces from each demo to make the superior studio version.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I really prefer the first demo of Sirens to the final version used at the end of the song. The way she sings "they covered their ears, my love. When you sound the alarm, they plan for a storm" is just perfect for me. Hope it comes back around somehow!

Here’s 10 reasons why Garden should have made it into the album:

1. It would be the track that the album cover would be based on. It’s literally a garden portal. 
2. “When you aren’t around I sink into the ground.” - Death

3. “Honeysuckle and Fresh Meat” - Tunnel Vision

4. “Mushrooms Everywhere I’m Turning” - Faerie Soiree

5. “Covered in muck from the earth (Garden) and the sea (Sirens)” - Venus

6. “You cleansed me like a waterfall” - Light Shower in response to “hey where’d the water go?” 
7. The entire song Spider Web is meant to go into Garden. Garden is suppose to be between leeches and Spider Web.

8. “They flocked to my garden” - Leeches

9. The seeds have been sprouting” - Pluto

10. “Dug out a hole, and sow, that’s where your body goes” - Garden connects well with Death.

In conclusion, Garden connects in theme and lyrics to over half the album and deserved to be included. 

While The Contortionist and Powder don’t connect thematically at all to any of the album (Though both of those songs are AMAZING). 

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I'll probably get banned from the site for this, but am I the only one who would've rather had Fingers Crossed + Needle & Thread over this version of Sirens? I like it a lot, but I'm not going to lie, some of it just isn't for me.

Like the "let them drown" part? I don't know why but it just sounds grating to my ears, and I usually love songs like that. I think it could've been perfect with a little more work, and maybe taking bits and pieces from each demo to make the superior studio version.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I really prefer the first demo of Sirens to the final version used at the end of the song. The way she sings "they covered their ears, my love. When you sound the alarm, they plan for a storm" is just perfect for me. Hope it comes back around somehow!

I love Sirens and it’s a career highlight, but for me it’s not one that I can repeat and repeat and repeat, just sort of a loud jarring song. I love it a lot but I would have taken those two over this one. I wonder why she limits herself to 3 deluxe tracks anyway when there’s so much material (same for CB but that was her debut album).

topsters2-2-1.png

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I keep on seeing people saying void is about Timothy :bebe:

Actually curious what that was about for her because it definitely seems personal 

I was thinking Pluto was more aimed at her. But, could be. 

h4wA.gif

last.fm 

9 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I love Sirens and it’s a career highlight, but for me it’s not one that I can repeat and repeat and repeat, just sort of a loud jarring song. I love it a lot but I would have taken those two over this one. I wonder why she limits herself to 3 deluxe tracks anyway when there’s so much material (same for CB but that was her debut album).

doesn't a record label decide how many songs are on an album? i always thought that atleast

Here’s 10 reasons why Fingers Crossed should have made it into the album:

1. It would be the track that the album cover would be based on. It’s literally a fingers crossed portal. 

5. “Covered in muck from the earth (Fingers Crossed) and the sea (Sirens)” - Venus

6. “You cleansed me like a waterfall” - Light Shower in response to “hey where’d the water go?” 
7. The entire song Spider Web is meant to go into fingers crossed. fingers crossed is suppose to be between leeches and Spider Web.

8. “They flocked to my fingers crossed” - Leeches

10. “Dug out a hole, and sow, that’s where your body goes” - fingers crossed connects well with Death.

In conclusion, Fingers Crossed connects in theme and lyrics to over half the album and deserved to be included. 

While The Contortionist and Powder don’t connect thematically at all to any of the album (Though both of those songs are AMAZING). 
:true:

Here’s 10 reasons why Synchronicities should have made it into the album:

1. It would be the track that the album cover would be based on. It’s literally a fingers crossed portal. 

5. “Covered in muck from the earth (Garden) and the sea (Sirens)” - Venus

7. The entire song Spider Web is meant to go into fingers crossed. fingers crossed is suppose to be between leeches and Spider Web.

8. “They flocked to my fingers crossed” - Leeches

10. “Dug out a hole, and sow, that’s where your body goes” - fingers crossed connects well with Death.

In conclusion, Fingers Crossed connects in theme and lyrics to over half the album and deserved to be included. 

While The Contortionist and Powder don’t connect thematically at all to any of the album (Though both of those songs are AMAZING). 
:true:

Any of the leaks would have fit the theme much better than Powder and Pluto, they both sound very out of place sonically and thematically, but I am glad we have both because they are great. We already have the leaks, so I guess it’s a win? I dunno. I would have picked N&T and Garden for the Deluxe tracks personally. 

topsters2-2-1.png