Jack

Melanie Martinez

30 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

this AI is kinda eating though

i was gonna say, you can clearly see the line of where whatever original image they used as a base cuts off at the top just above her head to the right

46 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

i don’t think there’s other k&ol outtakes other than alternate versions of songs we already have? doubt she worked with them after hawaii

sometimes having an alt version of a song makes it better :hooker:

Edited by The Siren

1 hour ago, 13 Bitches said:

this AI is kinda eating though

the first thing i thought of when i first saw this was "real life botticelli venus de milo in motion" lol idk if anyone will get that though. hopefully. "they call me venus" 

6 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

That could totally be it. The way we will never know :crai:

check out some of my posts on the topic, first they said they were too busy to respond, then they said they’re behind on orders and gave me a 15% off coupon on a future order that probably won’t ship. I did get my splatter vinyl but the signed CD has not shipped. 

tysm 🙏

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

5 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

I might get on my computer later and try to re master the evil verses with good plugins.. i might be able to actually make it sound like a melanie verse.. lana doesn't even have an excuse anymore because the plugins that have been coming out in the past few years can literally transform iPhone voice memos into almost studio sounding songs unless they're listened to closely.. Idk why more producers don't use the tools available. Every "high end" producer I talk to about it gets all ego-ey about it and they blablabla about analog. And yes it's true analog has a warmth to it that's very difficult to replicate but for demos and certain songs it's unnecessary to power trip about it.. I think they're scared "less skilled" ppl will be able to replace them eventually with new tech so they want to make it seem "bad" when it isn't and so many huge artists make use of these tools 

Please share if you do. Portals as a whole has some odd mixing moments, but it's so painfully apparent on the Evil verses. I've tried to get over it, but when her previous work has felt so immersive, it's a hard pill to swallow to end up with this muffled jumble. I adore the album as a whole, but I hate that half the songs sound like she has a retainer in her mouth.

I'm at the point where I'd legit pay someone to perform a decent remaster of the album. Probably wildly illegal, but... :rollin:

tumblr_mbx23q179u1qaliuoo1_250.gif

I’m sorry but even those rough demos recorded for Portals sound better than this crap. You all probably know the reason why :bye:

We need to lock her in a studio with K&OL until she learns her lesson for scrapping mostly everything she’s worked on with them because this isn’t working for me unfortunately. I want to obsess over this album like I did with Cry Baby but ofc questionable choices like these always ruin music for me. We’re in 2023 ffs, there’s no excuse for certain songs to sound like that :facepalm:

I just really hope she pays attention to how her music sounds next time around and actually LISTENS to the feedback she’s getting. She’s always been a control freak, and ofc everyone who works with her actively support that, so idfk. I just want her music to sound the best it can at this point.. 

Sorry for the little rant, that’s exactly how I’ve been feeling this past week. Still love her as an artist tho! :agree:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq9inxkM8o2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Everyone's merch is just coming fucked up, I guess. I'm well aware that this album wasn't created on the highest budget, but these immediate and numerous quality control issues are ridiculous. Like, was all of this stuff produced on one of those cheap ass "make your own CDs and print your own T-shirts" websites?

2 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq9inxkM8o2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Everyone's merch is just coming fucked up, I guess. I'm well aware that this album wasn't created on the highest budget, but these immediate and numerous quality control issues are ridiculous. Like, was all of this stuff produced on one of those cheap ass "make your own CDs and print your own T-shirts" websites?

My Death CD came perfectly fine?

Ok so after weeks of being in denial i think i’ll admit to loving light shower…. :defeated: like.. i know how corny it is and the eating you line always lowkey kills the mood but smth about it feels so charming. like she’s in love and happy and the song feels corny in a weird loving way.. i wonder how verde feelings hearing her say she wants to eat him tho..:omfg2:  

I will be fair though and say maybe she does still sound great and is just using a new technique to cope with the voice change but you can’t hear it if that’s the case on record

Maybe she likes the way it sounds though and if she’s happy with it kudos