Jack

Melanie Martinez

Me not realizing 2 snippets from the same song are from the same song says a lot about how repetitive the production is on this album (from what we can tell from the snippets). The first thought that should’ve came to my mind was “oh it’s the same sonically so it must be the same song” but because most of them sound the same anyways I assumed they were different songs. The snippets all sound good though, I just hope there will be more variation.

qfrWuBl.png

Me not realizing 2 snippets from the same song are from the same song says a lot about how repetitive the production is on this album (from what we can tell from the snippets). The first thought that should’ve came to my mind was “oh it’s the same sonically so it must be the same song” but because most of them sound the same anyways I assumed they were different songs. They sound good though, I just hope there will be more variation.

Drama Club had some variation so I bet the other songs will too. It's just too early to tell yet.

I can't wait  :defeated:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Drama Club had some variation so I bet the other songs will too. It's just too early to tell yet.

DC is probably her most repetitive song lol

I meant the production, not lyrics

I was talking about both, tbh I find it quite boring

Like Melanie's song aren't particularly varied to begin with, but she makes it work. Carousel is a fantastic example: it's repetitive, but it works and its good. Imo DC doesn't work as well 

girl you don’t even know the track list and ur sitting here critiquing 20 second snippets as the full songs...whew delusional

I don’t have to know the tracklist to hear that the production in the snippets sound the same. Funny how you call me delusional when you’re the one getting defensive over criticism that has been given by many people now. Crybabies are so annoying in regards to criticism towards Melanie’s music. If this many people are saying the snippets sound the same then there must be some truth to it, and it’s fine if you don’t think so but there’s no need to be delusional and call others delusional for giving their opinion on these snippets.

qfrWuBl.png

Can I say I sort of dislike the lyrics so far from the snippets? None of them really make sense or stand out the way lyrics in CBB did, I haven’t remembered any lyrics from the snippets besides Teachers Pet and “for the throat” from Class Fight

Can I say I sort of dislike the lyrics so far from the snippets? None of them really make sense or stand out the way lyrics in CBB did, I haven’t remembered any lyrics from the snippets besides Teachers Pet and “for the throat” from Class Fight

LMAO TRUEEE i hadn't noticed this at all but same- Probably some lyrics from LF too? Lyrics from the snippets of WOTB, The Principal and Detention are... so bad

Prediction: Highschool Sweethearts will continue like this after the snippet ends: highschool sweethearts, highschool sweethearts, highschool sweee-heet hearts, (short break) highschool sweethearts, highschool sweethearts, highschool sweee-heet hearts 

I can just hear it in my head already lol I mean if she can repeat "I never signed up for your drama up for your drama" like 20 times I wouldn't be surprised.  

LMAO TRUEEE i hadn't noticed this at all but same- Probably some lyrics from LF too? Lyrics from the snippets of WOTB, The Principal and Detention are... so bad

Like what do the WOTB lyrics mean??? I genuinely can’t tell what that song is about or where it would be in the movie and yeah I agree about Detention and The Principle. LF is okay but I hate that she changed the “cry” lyric to “die” and then explained it meant metaphorically dying?

They’re just so vague and boring I always immediatelt forget them after I listen to the snippet when I almost immediately remembered lines the first time listening to CBB

Like what do the WOTB lyrics mean??? I genuinely can’t tell what that song is about or where it would be in the movie and yeah I agree about Detention and The Principle. LF is okay but I hate that she changed the “cry” lyric to “die” and then explained it meant metaphorically dying?

They’re just so vague and boring I always immediatelt forget them after I listen to the snippet when I almost immediately remembered lines the first time listening to CBB

I think the WOTB snippet is about sex. Holding it down in the front essentially means arching your back LMFAO

omg is it about being in all fours.... like the four wheels HFJKLDJFDLS

Queen of getting fucked by the school bus driver in front of everyone on the school bus