Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

I hear a lot of « it’s a bit of samesey album »… 

Spoiler

Sometimes coming from people who worshipped Taylor’s latest, that I find exactly that, a way too long blame game of her exes that could have been just one album :ma:

but hey, to each its own and respect your love for The Tortured Poets Department :kiss:

Spoiler

The I would rename The Tortured Billionaire Select Club that can’t accept that dating a celebrity comes at a price and blames the other part when the relationship fails :true:

Just now, palemoonbaby said:

guess, we have AOTY at this moment:oprah9:

It’s gonna be nominated for sure and has a very good chance at winning. That category is going to be packed: Billie, Beyoncé, Ariana will have a nom, even Taylor (although I don’t like her latest).  
Finneas has to be nominated for the production. 

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I hear a lot of « it’s a bit of samesey album »… 

Hide contents

Sometimes coming from people who worshipped Taylor’s latest, that I find exactly that, a way too long blame game of her exes that could have been just one album :ma:

but hey, to each its own and respect your love for The Tortured Poets Department :kiss:

Reveal hidden contents

The I would rename The Tortured Billionaire Select Club that can’t accept that dating a celebrity comes at a price and blames the other part when the relationship fails :true:

No offense to anyone but this eats Taylor the fuck up. I literally could not listen to that last album. The fact that it eats in 10 songs vs the 30 or however many... I can't.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION lol.

3 minutes ago, DLT said:

No offense to anyone but this eats Taylor the fuck up. I literally could not listen to that last album. The fact that it eats in 10 songs vs the 30 or however many... I can't.

I totally agree with you. I don’t want to start a war with Swifties, to each its own, but I’m taking a fucking break from Taylor after TTPD (and she now is selling digital versions of the album with the phone demos?!? I mean come on, aren’t you rich enough?)

anyways, back on track, I’d love for Lana to consider Finneas as a producer at some point: he knows how to do minimalism tracks that feel rich and grand. He could pull off some nice tracks with her, with or without Billie.

10 minutes ago, DLT said:

TTPD could’ve been so much better if Aaron was the main producer. HMHAS is definitely better as an album but TTPD was still great from taylor

9 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Ngl I’m glad to see the general opinion, at least online, about Taylor Swift shifting into see her / her brand for the capitalist slop it has been for the last few years

I’m sure it’s not Taylor herself but I think it is pretty gross that they somewhat seem to be trying to block Billie and other people from getting number 1. These phone demos and that other cd variant are SO unnecessary she could easily just put them out like she did with the anti hero remixes etc

L’AMOUR DE MA VIE really hits as well, especially the content for me.

10 minutes ago, Embach said:

Is the album good? How would you rank her albums?

I'm not a billie stan and only recently started casually listening to her but this album is very good.

I like this one and then Happier Than Ever, I really don't know the others. 

This has a very alt vibe, as others have mentioned Radiohead and Portishead. More modern vibe that serves is Sevdaliza to me kind of.. makes me think of  ISON and earlier stuff, not necessarily as artistic or experimental though. Idk it has a cool energy and vibe to it. Production is very nice and lyrics hit/are relatable. 

I'm not a fan but I listened to it and her singing on the greatest blew me away a bit. and I was into birds of a feather too. I like that she takes inspiration from Lana and then does her own special thing with it rather than Taylor who continues to sound more like an AI Lanabot with each release

18 minutes ago, Embach said:

I think this is the best production in her discography, clearly stronger than HTE. And the sad/melancholic moments of this album are not as depressing as on her debut. Her growth as an artist is obvious.

But I want to spend more time with new one, because it lacks the warmth and comfort that was valuable to me, which was characteristic of HTE.

Maybe this will become my lifechanger, who knows:shrug:

11 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Did you end up getting pumped? 

:ma:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I really like this one, a nice blend of her first two: you do find some of the alt bops from the first one plus the more intimate vibes of the second one. And since it’s ten tracks, none feel useless. I think it might be my favourite from her although it’s still very early, but it could also be because you feel the « Lana family resemblance » in the lyrics/ feelings of the album.