Sign in to follow this  
graham4anything

Academy Awards The Oscars Jan.-Feb. 2017

Nominations announced Tuesday Jan. 24, 2017..

By the way, is it just me or does anyone else also think that this is the year of "The Lana"

both Jackie

and La La Land, I would go on record as saying Lana is the role played by Ryan Gosling (in a role reversal) with part of Emma Stone thrown in

also intersected with Harry Chapin (who was nominated for an Oscar for documentary for Legendary Champions back in 1968, prior to his singing career) songs Taxi and the sequel titled "Sequel"
(if you put the 5 years later part of La La Land as the "Sequel"

here are the nominations in the main categories and the two music categories

NOMINATIONS

BEST ACTRESS

ISABELLE HUPPERT

RUTH NEGGA

NATALIE PORTMAN

EMMA STONE

MERYL STREEP

ACTOR

CASEY AFFLECK

ANDREW GARFIELD

RYAN GOSLING

VIGGO MORTENSON

DENZEL WASHINGTON

SUPPORTING ACTOR

MAHERSHALA ALI  (who I loved on House of Cards as Remy)

JEFF BRIDGES

LUCAS HEDGES

DEV PATEL

MICHAEL SHANNON

SONG

LA LA LAND CITY OF STARS

LA LA LAND  AUDITION

CAN'T STOP

EMPTY CHAIR

HOW FAR I'LL GO

MOVIE

ARRIVAL

FENCES

HACKSAW RIDGE

HELL OR HIGH WATER

HIDDEN FIGURES

LA LA LAND

LION

MANCHESTER BY SEA

MOONLIGHT

DIRECTOR

ARRIVAL

HACKSAW

LA LA LAND

MANCHESTER BY THE SEA

MOONLIGHT

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

La La Land is out January 25th in France and I'm DYING to see it... For now every movie I had an extreme need to see ended up rightly becoming one of my favourite movies so needless to say I'm pretty impatient. I love Emma Stone. And I'm obviously perched about Jackie

ZKcaooE.png

La La Land is lovely but I wish it wasn't dominating the awards season. Would love to see Moonlight get a bit more love, and Natalie Portman gave a much more interesting performance than Emma Stone (as much as I love ES).

I swear to god in Jackie there was a scene that featured the descending string line from National Anthem. Possibly coincidental but it was super obvious to a Lana fan. Anyone else pick that up?

the OP has been updated with the major nominations and the two music nominations included (plus original text has been edited)

Oscars will be the last Sunday in February - February 26, 2017

I'll predict

Portman, Gosling (even though everyone is saying Affleck, though don't discount Denzel who should have been nominated for director), Viola Davis, Ali(or Bridges)

and I think La La Land will score best picture. Hollywood loves to honor itself like "the Artist" for instance.

note- big shocker- Amy Adams not nominated.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I loved La La Land, can't find Moonlight in any theather tho :eartha2: I want to see it so bad, the same with Manchester By The Sea and Jackie

Stream them online! I remember there was a sure with Moonlight for free. I might get to watch it when I have the time!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Stream them online! I remember there was a sure with Moonlight for free. I might get to watch it when I have the time!

Actually all of the films leaked on the web in DVDScreener quality, like always around "Screener Season", but I don't know if I can watch them, I'm in Germany right now and here they're really strict with piracy here  and I don't want to get into trouble but I'm dying to see them :air:

8nl2OpX.png