Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I would be the one having the meltdown about the iconic font. 

actually i will be another one having a meltdown if she change the font. She never have used any other font on Honeymoon, the designer destroyed the aesthetic of all the albums. I didn't like the HM cover because the picture, i like the pic but the font man, its AWFUL

I know this sounds silly but I hope this era has a plant as a symbol for its music. BTD had the rose, Paradise the Palm Tree, UV the hydrangea and HM... well, nothing :(

She kinda used the yellow rose in some of the promo shots? I always associated it with HM

This is a reach but the magazine Harper Bazaar that Lana followed the other week posted this article about her so maybe they're trying to hype her up a little to feature her on a future cover? lol http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup/news/a20500/lana-del-rey-makeup/

Brb getting a Harpers Bazaar and Marie Claire subscription

What about the colors of the album cover? I love the black and white UV cover tbh (it's my fav cover of all of hers). It'd be cool to see her bring some gold or silver into her covers without looking too gaudy, but I honestly wouldn't mind another black and white cover

In my view LDR5 will be the ultimate test if Lana can morph in a true quality artist. She has 0 commercial appeal left, she and her label knows that and even her non-delusional fans know that. Probably, the forthcoming "era" will not have any serious promo and the videos will be in the same halfhearted, amateurish style that she adopted starting with the UV era.

BTD+Paradise was a provocative era on all levels: sonically, visually, she had some controversial messages, with a clear pop appeal, UV was a good shot at the quality artist status with a cohesive sound and message (yes UV had a message in my view it was her response to her detractors), but HM was a botched attempt to continue that trend: HM has a boring sound, visuals and there was no message (the lyrical content is forgettable). So LDR5 will be about her capacity to convey a message and put it consistently in a lyrical context and music which any quality artist do. But after following her for 4 years I don't have high hopes of something interesting coming out with LDR5, I think that it will be more like a continuation of the HM era

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

What about the colors of the album cover? I love the black and white UV cover tbh (it's my fav cover of all of hers). It'd be cool to see her bring some gold or silver into her covers without looking too gaudy, but I honestly wouldn't mind another black and white cover

I feel like the colors will be bright but, they'll seem faded or drained almost washed out. But still full of life.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

She just has a way of making any colour her own. It could be bright, vintage filtered or b&w and still be perfect. True tho, i just can't wait for colour schemes

In my view LDR5 will be the ultimate test if Lana can morph in a true quality artist. She has 0 commercial appeal left, she and her label knows that and even her non-delusional fans know that. Probably, the forthcoming "era" will not have any serious promo and the videos will be in the same halfhearted, amateurish style that she adopted starting with the UV era.

BTD+Paradise was a provocative era on all levels: sonically, visually, she had some controversial messages, with a clear pop appeal, UV was a good shot at the quality artist status with a cohesive sound and message (yes UV had a message in my view it was her response to her detractors), but HM was a botched attempt to continue that trend: HM has a boring sound, visuals and there was no message (the lyrical content is forgettable). So LDR5 will be about her capacity to convey a message and put it consistently in a lyrical context and music which any quality artist do. But after following her for 4 years I don't have high hopes of something interesting coming out with LDR5, I think that it will be more like a continuation of the HM era

Didn't she say it would be less dreamy? and more upbeat NY style? Dno if she kept her word on that brief description but I doubt it will be a HM continuation. 

Your display name should just be "flop"

She just has a way of making any colour her own. It could be bright, vintage filtered or b&w and still be perfect. True tho, i just can't wait for colour schemes

Didn't she say it would be less dreamy? and more upbeat NY style? Dno if she kept her word on that brief description but I doubt it will be a HM continuation. 

For the LAST TIME HOPEFULLY EVER: SHE NEVER SAID THAT THE NEXT RECORD WILL BE LESS DREAMY AND NY STYLE. LIKE EVER!

lots of love, though

For the LAST TIME HOPEFULLY EVER: SHE NEVER SAID THAT THE NEXT RECORD WILL BE LESS DREAMY AND NY STYLE. LIKE EVER!

lots of love, though

Well I kept seeing this everywhere "She stated that she wanted the upcoming record to have a "pop-friendly" and "New York style" sound, and to be a little harder, faster, more upbeat, and less dreamy" on wikipedia ( i know, not reliable anyway

from this interview http://www.nme.com/features/a-letter-from-lana-del-rey-the-full-nme-cover-interview-757009

I assumed she meant for LDR5 

I'd like to see something in colors of Paradise or even AKA. The Paradise cover looked so luxurious and dramatic, I loved it

Well I kept seeing this everywhere "She stated that she wanted the upcoming record to have a "pop-friendly" and "New York style" sound, and to be a little harder, faster, more upbeat, and less dreamy" on wikipedia ( i know, not reliable anyway

from this interview http://www.nme.com/features/a-letter-from-lana-del-rey-the-full-nme-cover-interview-757009

I assumed she meant for LDR5

"I find it very easy to go back and forth between a New York state of mind and a California way of being, so I could see me making another New York record. I think it would be different just because it would be a little harder, faster, more upbeat and less dreamy.”

She only described what making a NY album would be like, she doesn't say LDR5 is NY style

It's times like these that I wonder: Why isn't there a Dislike button?  :facepalm:

Please leave this forum if you're no longer a fan of Lana. We don't need this negativity. We're all super excited and you're obviously not, so yeah. What are you still doing here if you think LDR5 is going to suck?