Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

Wait what have her mangers been saying?

There have been screencaps going around of someone contacting Ed on Instagram and asking him if she was okay, if he could stop the leak, and if the album was still getting released. He responded by saying "She's not ok" "It's all too late" "We don't know"

I feel terrible for Lana and if she's in the bathroom crying and having a panic attack right now, I wouldn't blame her, but her manager should not be acting like this is the end of the album and the world.

tumblr_olkl5sXUTw1v90acdo1_500.png

Like, what is he even doing?  :facepalm: Other artists have their stuff leak and you don't see their managers out here doing this. I can't.

Gosh, it's like they're standing right next to the fire extinguisher yet refuses to use it on the fire. "It's all too late." So dramatic. 

But do we know for sure these screenshots are real? I'm only asking because I'm not too familiar as to where this forum gets it's info. 

Love is a setting sun // Is a smoking gun // Is a four letter word // I hope it hurts 

Gosh, it's like they're standing right next to the fire extinguisher yet refuses to use it on the fire. "It's all too late." So dramatic. 

But do we know for sure these screenshots are real? I'm only asking because I'm not too familiar as to where this forum gets it's info. 

Other people might know more than me, but I saw the screenshots posted on Instagram last night right after the leaks started and now fansites and generally reliable people are posting them and spreading the information like they're sure it was actually him. I never actually saw anyone claim they were the person he spoke to and that the screenshots were their own. It was all people saying "Not my screenshot" and "Here's an update." I'm still hoping it's fake and someone trying to upset people.

I hope Lana can wake the fuck up and get her team together. Every single release has been botched in one way or another. You would think any of these events would have made Lana realize she needs to protect herself and secure her team. Yet she continues to stay silent on social media and let a clown represent her. It's sad to watch such a talent and a voice be betrayed be her fans and the people who are HIRED to help her succeed. She's a grown woman. I wish she would stick up for herself not just hide for 27 years and expect it to all go away.

Instead of repeating what's everyone has been repeating for over 20 pages I'mma try something new - I'm obsessed with this trip hop song and I would die if there was this kind of vibe but à la Lana on LDR5

ZKcaooE.png

"I shared her music and her vids with you, and that's all leaking now. There's not more I can do. Filing unemployment now. "

Buy Ed's cover of Cruel World on iTunes.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

On the one hand I know that there's nothing they could have done to stop it at that point because it was all over social media but the way he reacted was exactly the wrong way. It would have been better for none of them to say anything at all last night than to do what he did. Unprofessional AF.

They could have released it yesterday right after it leaked, even just a few hours later or smth, that's a hundred times better than not releasing it since they're losing sales and even official streams on YT, Spotify ...

i76mrxw.png 

Other people might know more than me, but I saw the screenshots posted on Instagram last night right after the leaks started and now fansites and generally reliable people are posting them and spreading the information like they're sure it was actually him. I never actually saw anyone claim they were the person he spoke to and that the screenshots were their own. It was all people saying "Not my screenshot" and "Here's an update." I'm still hoping it's fake and someone trying to upset people.

Ah ok, thanks :) I'm hoping it's fake too, just because I refuse to believe how unprofessional this kind of response is. 

Love is a setting sun // Is a smoking gun // Is a four letter word // I hope it hurts 

They could have released it yesterday right after it leaked, even just a few hours later or smth, that's a hundred times better than not releasing it since they're losing sales and even official streams on YT, Spotify ...

Yeah, that's what I've been saying. They should have done what other artists do and responded to a leak with an immediate release. If the song doesn't show up on YT, Spotify, and iTunes today, then I honestly don't know why these people are getting paid to manage anything.

Hell, even Marina's messy label reacted when her sh*t leaked. Marina herself rected even though I guess it must have been much harder for a not-as-famous-singer like her to have her stuff leaked than it must be for Lana,

Not doing anything is a bad idea and especially being overly dramatic and pessimistic about it. It's sad that this happened but it does not mean the song/album can't still have it's spotlight.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I can already imagine her latest Insta vid update:

*Lana stares souless-ly at the camera in black and white 8mm film effect while 'The End' by The Doors plays quietly in the distance'.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Yeah, that's what I've been saying. They should have done what other artists do and responded to a leak with an immediate release. If the song doesn't show up on YT, Spotify, and iTunes today, then I honestly don't know why these people are getting paid to manage anything.

Even if they have promo planned in 2 weeks or smth it's still reasonable to promote a track 2 weeks after the release so they wouldn't lose anything. However they don't react at all.

Also @Dua no they don't do anything, 60% of her album is already out because they sent album samplers to journalists last summer and the album is still not out. You have to stop with the hate because I'm sure Lana could do more but she just doesn't want to it's not as if she wouldn't have the opportunities to do things.

i76mrxw.png