Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

Maybe I'm going crazy listening to this on repeat but..

I heard the full song and the chorus seems to have less prominent drums than a previous snippet

Are we sure the leaked version is the final one?

You aren't crazy, I literally think the version we have is edited/demo. Did you notice how at the end of one of the verses it just cuts off before the chorus?

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

But I'm a little worried. Don't they usually pick the best song for a single? And if YAIL is her best song then....idk. But I love Lana and I trust that the rest of the album will be beautiful.

Well, it's pretty subjective which track is "the best one". Some people think HBTB and West Coast were terrible single choices, I personally think those are great songs and great single choices (from the respective albums). And Video Games is not a track that really represents the full of BtD. If you are more into tracks like DMD or National Anthem you would not have known they would come when you heard the lead single.

YAIL is a cute track and one that has the potential of having success within the mainstream music, so I guess it was chosen for that reason.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

But I'm a little worried. Don't they usually pick the best song for a single? And if YAIL is her best song then....idk. But I love Lana and I trust that the rest of the album will be beautiful.

They pick the most radio appealing song, and with Video Games I thought Lana had already released that without her label. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

for me Video Games is her best songs..it's so unique and for me it's another  category of the rest Born to die 

For me it's VG > Ride> YAIL > WC > HBTB

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Well for me neither West Coast nor High by The Beach were the best songs from the albums. And "Honeymoon" was the first song that emerged from HM, and that song was really weak (for me) so maybe YAIL is just a song for the short film and no indication of the rest of the album.

Well, it's pretty subjective which track is "the best one". Some people think HBTB and West Coast were terrible single choices, I personally think those are great songs and great single choices (from the respective albums). And Video Games is not a track that really represents the full of BtD. If you are more into tracks like DMD or National Anthem you would not have known they would come when you heard the lead single.

YAIL is a cute track and one that has the potential of having success within the mainstream music, so I guess it was chosen for that reason.

Yeah true. I'm sure I'll grow to love it when I see the music video too

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

You aren't crazy, I literally think the version we have is edited/demo. Did you notice how at the end of one of the verses it just cuts off before the chorus?

eclipse did say the demo had strings and the final didn't and the song we have now has strings

Nothing will ever convince me to accept why on Earth wasn't Off To The Races lead single. I know the deal, I just refuse to agree. OTTR is a once in the history of mankind song

I say this all the time. OTTR was an absolute masterpiece, both lyrically and in sound. It would've been a HUGE hit.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven