Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I wish we could all speculate the music to come like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with ultraviolence vibes and born to die beats and everyone would eat and be happy

ZKcaooE.png

I feel like all this talk about leaks is getting a little draining. I wanna talk about the album cover. Every album cover, Lana has been center, and there's always a car in the shot. So maybe this one will be similar? I hope she keeps her font too, it's iconic. But I really want Neil Krug or Nicole Nodland to shoot it, not Chuck. I feel like the HM cover had too much going on..with all the text.. I hope it's less cluttered this time

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I feel like all this talk about leaks is getting a little draining. I wanna talk about the album cover. Every album cover, Lana has been center, and there's always a car in the shot. So maybe this one will be similar? I hope she keeps her font too, it's iconic. But I really want Neil Krug or Nicole Nodland to shoot it, not Chuck. I feel like the HM cover had too much going on..with all the text.. I hope it's less cluttered this time.

I want something either super classic and predictable, or something super artistic and different. Honeymoon just seemed kinda meh. 

Me8oncJh.gif     I6Fjm8Pz.gif     198hVn0X.gif

I feel like all this talk about leaks is getting a little draining. I wanna talk about the album cover. Every album cover, Lana has been center, and there's always a car in the shot. So maybe this one will be similar? I hope she keeps her font too, it's iconic. But I really want Neil Krug or Nicole Nodland to shoot it, not Chuck. I feel like the HM cover had too much going on..with all the text.. I hope it's less cluttered this time

Well first there was a car behind, then she was getting in the car, then she was in the car, so my theory is that all the videos of her driving to music is actually the full LDR5 album and we've been lied to until now where I expose it to your bewildered eyes

But seriously all I want is powerful visuals, she can do whatever she wants as long as it's powerful and faithful to the music (I never said it but I think that the UV cover is one of the least representative pictures of the whole shoot, but let's discuss this)

ZKcaooE.png

Agree with everything you just said. Chuck's a great photographer, but better for magazine photoshoots. Album covers need less noise and more focus on the face and obvious objects, so the font stands out. And yeah, they're all similar. She always has a neutral depressed stance and is near a car. I feel like this one will be exciting.

Came across the snippet on Youtube just now and I think I'm going to love YAIL. Its has very Paradise-esque (Body Electric comes to mind actually) drums. Her vocals sound very clear but I can't tell very well BC it is so LQ. If that's the case tho I'm glad she decided to lay off the reverb vocal filters. It sounds so grand and exotic  :defeated:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

something like this would be awesome

ent-lana-del-rey-car-jacked-cover.jpg

Came across the snippet on Youtube just now and I think I'm going to love YAIL. Its has very Paradise-esque (Body Electric comes to mind actually) drums. Her vocals sound very clear but I can't tell very well BC is so LQ. If that's the case tho I'm glad she decided to lay off the reverb vocal filters. It sounds so grand and exotic  :defeated:

Honestly I'm curious as to how the record as a whole will sound bc out of the three snippets floating around insta only the chorus one sounds all that similar to Paradise.

qpgosw.jpg

But seriously all I want is powerful visuals, she can do whatever she wants as long as it's powerful and faithful to the music (I never said it but I think that the UV cover is one of the least representative pictures of the whole shoot, but let's discuss this)

I think the UV or BBy single cover should've been the album cover tbh, but I still like the actual one

And judging from her insta video, it seems like there's gonna be a lot of blues and brighter colours in whatever shoot she was preparing for, so maybe this era will be more striking and bold? Total reach cos I know it all depends on the style of photography in the end, but I'm hopeful that the visuals will be fresh this time around

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I think Chuck is a great photographer and I love the photos she did for High by the Beach, but the Honeymoon cover was just awful :eek:

Exactly, chuck is a greaaaat photographer. She has done so many cute photoshoots. 

Honestly, I don't know what happened to her when she shot the HM cover. 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

For me the true issue with the Honeymoon cover is that despite the fact it represents EXACTLY the colours I see the album in, the font and the composition were absolutely not adapted to the music, it's a very personal record and Lana is way too far away, especially compared to the others. It's a beautiful photography, it's not even at all that it isn't adapted to Honeymoon, it's just not adapted to be the cover in particular. What strikes me the most is that Lana isn't looking at us, when she was in all the others, and it's reinforced by the fact that she's wearing big ass shades. I think it would have been an amazing back cover for example. And the font is cool in itself, but compared to the music, it makes the music sound tacky. And the source of the light is a bit difficult to understand but that's a detail

Edit: I forgot to mention it's waayyyyayyayay too busy for how chill the music is

ZKcaooE.png

For me the true issue with the Honeymoon cover is that despite the fact it represents EXACTLY the colours I see the album in, the font and the composition were absolutely not adapted to the music, it's a very personal record and Lana is way too far away, especially compared to the others. It's a beautiful photography, it's not even at all that it isn't adapted to Honeymoon, it's just not adapted to be the cover in particular. What strikes me the most is that Lana isn't looking at us, when she was in all the others, and it's reinforced by the fact that she's wearing big ass shades. I think it would have been an amazing back cover for example. And the font is cool in itself, but compared to the music, it makes the music sound tacky. And the source of the light is a bit difficult to understand but that's a detail

The lighting of the picture is what really gets to me. You can clearly see where the camera/spotlight sets (right in the middle). The lighting needs to be even and spread out. I really love the picture on the back of the album, though. In fact, I love it. But the front cover was awful...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven