Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I said it before but I would REALLY like another HM way of putting the tracks, like 14 no exclusives, but purely on the basis that my broke collector ass can't afford buying 32 album versions :(

LMAO I actually spent over € 20 on just one song, because that French bonus CD was the only way for me to get Flipside.  :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

the more songs the better.. you can always stream it online even if you don't buy it.

Yes, but I love to own my albums physically, I'm going to get all the songs anyways but it's nice to be able to hear everything on cd or vinyl you know :) And yes I can see why you say that considering the good sister Burnt but I still prefer kind of concept albums that have like in rap skits and stuff idk

i never found the uncensored version of UV in my country, nor the deluxe version, or LP, anything

i actually hate my country im in tears of sadness  :(

Lol I remember finding the deluxe in second hand for 3 pounds instead of 20 for new :defeated: You can always buy online but it's definitely not the same

ZKcaooE.png

Actually it was 17. The 11 standard tracks, the 3 bonus tracks, West Coast (radio mix), Is This Happiness and Flipside.

Gwen Stefani and Troye Sivan had 18 tracks, that's the highest number I can think of (unless you count special re-releases, e. g. P!nk's The Truth About Love: Fan Edition that had 20 tracks).

Taylor had 23 songs on the deluxe of  Speak now ..I guess for lana we wish  :defeated:

LMAO I actually spent over € 20 on just one song, because that French bonus CD was the only way for me to get Flipside.  :toofunny:

I bought 2 versions of UV - the German one and the one from Target in the US just to get Flipside.

yes ik but I mean in the general for all of the artists 

how much is the limit

Taylor had 23 songs on the deluxe of  Speak now ..I guess for lana we wish  :defeated:

Okay nevermind, I just found out that the Red Hot Chili Peppers album Stadium Arcadium has 28 songs (and it's not even a deluxe edition or anything).  :toofunny:

51elYdo5GEL.jpg

I guess there isn't really a limit.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Yes, but I love to own my albums physically, I'm going to get all the songs anyways but it's nice to be able to hear everything on cd or vinyl you know :) And yes I can see why you say that considering the good sister Burnt but I still prefer kind of concept albums that have like in rap skits and stuff idk

Lol I remember finding the deluxe in second hand for 3 pounds instead of 20 for new :defeated: You can always buy online but it's definitely not the same

Yeah, Burnt Nortan was great. I really wish she does more of those poetry monologue intros in her new music videos. I live for the mesmerising 'Ride' & 'Tropico' & 'National Anthem' intros + outros & that cinematic background soundscape.

Personally I want to see her do more surreal & atmospheric stuff than poppy & happier music..

Okay nevermind, I just found out that the Red Hot Chili Peppers album Stadium Arcadium has 28 songs (and it's not even a deluxe edition or anything).  :toofunny:

51elYdo5GEL.jpg

There are limits but it is all based on that artist's contract

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

51elYdo5GEL.jpg

I would rather have 10 good songs instead of 28 songs. I dunno..

There are limits but it is all based on that artist's contract

True.. if there weren't limits Born To Die would have had about 30 tracks since she had been working on it for so many years and there were a lot (!) of outtakes. Guess she has a certain idea in her mind about where to draw a line.

I can only imagine their being bonus tracks if the record label calls for more. Wasn't it said that the UV bonus tracks were added per Interscope's request? If they're invested in this album, it wouldn't be surprised if we had a few.

True.. if there weren't limits Born To Die would have had about 30 tracks.. since she had been working on it for so many years and there were a lot of outtakes. Guess she choses where to draw a line.

Not necessarily. She may have not had a choice. Her contract may have limited her and not allowed her to add any more. I should also say that there is a requirement to how many goes on it, like a minimum. However, it doesn't seem like Lana has ever struggled to meet that requirement haha

I would rather have 10 good songs instead of 28 songs. I dunno..

Well I must admit, I've never listened to a full album by them (I only know some of the singles), but according to Wikipedia, Stadium Arcadium was commercially very successful as well as praised by critics and they won five Grammys for it, so I guess it is possible to have quality and quantity. 

But yeah, this album is definitely an exception. So like I said, for LDR5, I'm not expecting more 12 songs on the standard edition (maybe only 11 if they're relatively long, like on Ultraviolence), so I'm praying for some bonus tracks.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Well I must admit, I've never listened to a full album by them (I only know some of the singles), but according to Wikipedia, Stadium Arcadium was commercially very successful as well as praised by critics and they won five Grammys for it, so I guess it is possible to have quality and quantity. 

But yeah, this album is definitely an exception. So like I said, for LDR5, I'm not expecting more 12 songs on the standard edition (maybe only 11 if they're relatively long, like on Ultraviolence), so I'm praying for some bonus tracks.

Yes, Stadium Arcadium is my favorite RHCP album. It was fantastic. I do agree that it is an exception!

From a collectors point of view I'd love a deluxe album for this coming era - maybe with a different album cover from the Standard Edition just to make it extra special. But I really hate itunes and regional exclusives so I hope we won't have that kinda situation again. If she were to do a cover aswell I hope she adds it on the Deluxe and not the Standard Edition.

Along with YAIL M.V I'm also really excited to see the Music Teaser Trailer for LDR5. There always to beautiful and mesmerizing especially U.V one :defeated:   

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

It took 4 years to complete Stadium Arcadium (which had 28 tracks). Lana takes about 1 year to complete a single album with not less than 14 tracks in each album. She gave us 3 albums between 2012 to 2015 (excluding Paradise EP). You do the math.