Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

for me, who's not a big fan of HM. i still think that HM is not just an album that's just released for no reason.

i always think that HM is Lana trying to do a very intimate project with a few people only, and trying to maintain high control on the music production process, that's why she co-produced the entire album and only had two other people to make this album. 

and this is the album showing that her theme might evolve a little bit, to a more complex character. a more independent woman who can take control and live her life free

I agree w/ you 100%

For me Honeymoon is the worst lana´s album, not just lyrics, the songs are the most monotenous IMO, not saying is bad, I enjoyed it , but I enjoyed even more every other album  :P

I think it's really interesting that most Lana fans don't like Honeymoon, but the music critics love it. I wonder why?

am i the only one who loves all the albums independently since they are all so different from each other?? i cannot decide which one of them i think is better because it will always depend on my mood  :um2: plus all this is subjective

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

IMO, as far as music is concerned:

Ultraviolence > Honeymoon and AKA > Born to Die> Paradise

AKA has some beautiful instrumental. Reminds me of the sea & ocean (the man I love, jump, gramma, oh say you can see, put me in a movie, kill kill, for K).

I adore 50% of songs in honeymoon but the others are too monotonous for me (God Knows I tried, Honeymoon, 24). C'mon how can you place it above Born to Die (Blue Jeans, Off to the Races, Video Games, Dark Paradise) the production is iconic!

Well, we are a discussion forum and we can say when we dislike something. 

I srsly hope she would have a return to form in terms of songwriting like on BTD which was miles better and more inspired and filled with life than on HM. I also really hope she is still capable of making choruses that she is nailing and where just doesn't repeat the title over and over. And yes, i still hope she has a bridge in her like on Blue Jeans.

I hope for better writing and a lil bit more excited delivery and overall more drive. She is in her early 30's, not in her 60

Amen

@Miribel reply #162- a  newbee poster with a couple of posts- with the most presumptious strawman non-sequitur I have ever in my life seen

Most REAL Lana fans love Honeymoon

But then Brian Wilson took to his own facebook page to tell the ones who only wanted him to rehash the early Beach Boy Surfing music of the early to mid 1960s

where to go.

If people want to hear Born to Die, well, go to the streaming places that count for chart positions, and stream the ^&*( out of it

@@Elle  Have you noticed the proliferation of new posters almost every single post is 100% negative against Lana.

Can you check to see these are not socks of posters you banned.

After all, how in the world would someone even want to come to this board out of nowhere to post negatives against Lana?

No real fan or supporter would do so

Makes no logical sense

Please @@Elle put in a 100 post minimum for any new poster to have their post appear on the board, moderators have that ability.

And like agitators in the crowd at Kent State, one of whom yelled Fire, once one agitator throws something, a pile-on occurs.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@Miribel reply #162- a newbee poster with a couple of posts- with the most presumptious strawman non-sequitur I have ever in my life seen

But then Brian Wilson took to his own facebook page to tell the ones who only wanted him to rehash the early Beach Boy Surfing music of the early to mid 1960s

where to go.

If people want to hear Born to Die, well, go to the streaming places that count for chart positions, and stream the ^&*( out of it

@@Elle Have you noticed the proliferation of new posters almost every single post is 100% negative against Lana.

After all, how in the world would someone even want to come to this board out of nowhere to post negatives against Lana?

Makes no logical sense

Please @@Elle put in a 100 post minimum for any new poster to have their post appear on the board, moderators have that ability.

And like agitators in the crowd at Kent State, one of whom yelled Fire, once one agitator throws something, a pile-on occurs.

Wow.. nobody hates Lana. We all adore her thats why we are here. They are just discussing the soundscapes & lyrical content they prefer & how they wish LDR5 to sound like since it will be her next release after Honeymoon & she keeps growing as an artist .. so everybodys just curious about where she takes it from 'here'.. no negativity here.. just admiration & love & honest 'personal opinions'.

Maybe it's YOU, sir, with all due respect, who is a little judgemental & negative.. today.

@Miribel reply #162- a  newbee poster with a couple of posts- with the most presumptious strawman non-sequitur I have ever in my life seen

where to go.

@@Elle  Have you noticed the proliferation of new posters almost every single post is 100% negative against Lana.

Makes no logical sense

And like agitators in the crowd at Kent State, one of whom yelled Fire, once one agitator throws something, a pile-on occurs.

desperate-19.gif

You're kidding, right?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think it's really interesting that most Lana fans don't like Honeymoon, but the music critics love it. I wonder why?

They did not "love" it, they just did not bash it as mindlessly as they did bash UV and BtD. If they would have not been so focused on her lips and her past, I bet they would have given those two much better reviews. Noone really hyped HM, they just acknowledged it and said that it was good music.

I don't really need or want super-pop-ish stuff or a Born To Die 2.0, but I want the music to be more passionate again. HM as an album felt boring and dull. Almost all tracks were around 5 to 6 minutes long and  had a similar minimal productions without much variation in Lana's vocals. The tracks were solid but ... there was no "fire" nor "energy" when listening through the record. This is not really about the pace (although it helps if not all songs have the same tempo) but the delivery. UV was pretty coherent aswell, yet it was an exciting album.

desperate-19.gif

You're kidding, right?

Nah, he's really that delusional.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

They did not "love" it, they just did not bash it as mindlessly as they did bash UV and BtD. If they would have not been so focused on her lips and her past, I bet they would have given those two much better reviews. Noone really hyped HM, they just acknowledged it and said that it was good music.

I don't really need or want super-pop-ish stuff or a Born To Die 2.0, but I want the music to be more passionate again. HM as an album felt boring and dull. Almost all tracks were around 5 to 6 minutes long and had a similar minimal productions without much variation in Lana's vocals. The tracks were solid but ... there was no "fire" nor "energy" when listening through the record. This is not really about the pace (although it helps if not all songs have the same tempo) but the delivery. UV was pretty coherent aswell, yet it was an exciting album.

Nah, he's really that delusional.

Critics usually bash ambitious projects.. 'Honeymoon' had no aspirations & was pretty autobiographical & honest.. so they couldn't really say that she was a manufactured product.

Have you ever noticed that boring art movies shown in Film Festivals (not for general public) are pretty much loved by critics (although they hardly sell). It was a personal album not meant for masses so she didn't really promote it heavily & only a few people were involved in making it. I believe it to be her transition album.

Although it was monotonous & uninspired (at more than a few places), it definitely is a piece of art, no doubt.

am i the only one who loves all the albums independently since they are all so different from each other?? i cannot decide which one of them i think is better because it will always depend on my mood  :um2: plus all this is subjective

i agree. for me each album has something irreplaceable to it. i couldn't even describe them, let alone pick a favourite, since they are soooo different to each other

i just enjoy lana and that's it. at this point i know for sure that anything she releases i will adore  :flutter:

@Miribel reply #162- a newbee poster with a couple of posts- with the most presumptious strawman non-sequitur I have ever in my life seen

where to go.

@@Elle Have you noticed the proliferation of new posters almost every single post is 100% negative against Lana.

Makes no logical sense

And like agitators in the crowd at Kent State, one of whom yelled Fire, once one agitator throws something, a pile-on occurs.

:uh:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Honeymoon, in my opinion, is her best album & my favorite. Though it may be a bit repetitive she matured greatly. You can tell she's coming into her own! I'm very excited especially for this since were you grow the sweets you can only reap sweet things. & what she has in store is most-definitely sweet.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

where to go.

Makes no logical sense

​Um....ok.

200.gif#17

Okay nevermind, I just found out that the Red Hot Chili Peppers album Stadium Arcadium has 28 songs (and it's not even a deluxe edition or anything).  :toofunny:

51elYdo5GEL.jpg

I guess there isn't really a limit.

that's a double album tho